I am agree with Zakaria Basha but not disagreeing with the experts
    in our Great Forum because their comments will always be welcome
    to the Juniors (just like me). I am favouring Dreambox because since
    February 2006 I am using DM-7020 and its still going strong. That's
    my opinion m8s so if anyone hurts with my comments, I should say
    "extremely sorry" in advance.

With best regards/wishes

mumtazrizvi
    Last edited by mumtazrizvi; 07-09-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks
    Hi Dear Mates

Good Evening

I am agree with Zakaria Basha but not disagreeing with the experts
    in our Great Forum because their comments will always be welcome
    to the Juniors (just like me). I am favouring Dreambox because since
    February 2006 I am using DM-7020 and its still going strong. That's
    my opinion m8s so if anyone hurts with my comments, I should say
    "extremely sorry" in advance. I am sorry the reply has been posted
    separately as "new reply".

With best regards/wishes

mumtazrizvi
    Last edited by mumtazrizvi; 07-09-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks
    vu+duo in my opinion ive tried the azboxhd good box but very bad support they havnt fixed internal card reader for oscam yet i found the vu+duo so easy to set up as server client havnt tried the dm8000 so cant comment on it but for a techno dummy like me vu+duo was very easy to set up!!!:champion-018:

Thanks
    + 100000000 vu+

vu+ = unbeatable :respect-055:

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon12 Best Linux box

Hi Guys
    After some great help here I still think the DM is the best but overpriced. A friend has the VU+ and it is good, but have got my DM running seamlessly on PP image/Gem with 1.5 TB HD and DVD, and the ease of moving from one to the other is great, especially for 'er indoors!! One remote, one command and picture quality to die for. Obviously the final decider is your budget. Cheers - Brain

Verified Registered User MysteryMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
    + 100000000 vu+

vu+ = unbeatable :respect-055:
    I was going to post a thread asking for opinions on VU+ Solo, AZBox Elite and DM500HD - then I saw this and seems like Vu+ Duo is getting a lot of votes.

My question is whether the Solo version is just as good a performer? I do not need 2 tuners and want to keep cost down a bit!

Any views? :bowing-036:

Thanks
    Dreambox 800 and I think the 800se will better with 400Mhz.....:respect-055:

Thanks
    From what I know, VU+ Solo is the slower, single tuner version of Vu+ Duo. I think I'd for for the Duo just for the speed of it.

I have a DM800HD (clone) and it's fine but can be slow in operation. The trick is to pick the right image.

+Duo will definitely be my next receiver.

Thanks
    Since now also CT ET9000 is in the market what is your opinion vs Vu+ and similar receivers?

Thanks
    got to say VU+DUO is the by far the best receiver I've ever owned. I'm gobsmacked at how good it is every time I use it. simply outstanding bit of kit

:respect-040:

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon12 best HD

this thread has been going on for a long time now and I feel it is really a bit like computers. We really only know about what we personally are using of the PC's potential and every one uses them differently. Price is important and that really is like the difference between a Pc and a Mac for example. The latter is truly awesome but expensive and always has an answer unlike windows!! Having struggled long with my new DB 8000, with much help from friends here, I loved my 7000, temperamental as the early Db could be, it is still going strong after 7 years and hundreds of crashes and reflashings!!the 8000 is now such media centre with drawing resources from other units and PC's as well as good dvd player, and now the mac software works well, leads have become thing of the past. I am sure the VU+ and others are equally as good but I dont regret the £800 or so on the DB. Each to his own choice and of course budget. Brain

Thanks
    odium-016:

The most cost-effective receiver has so far been VUduo
    Price> Quality> options
    None DMM receiver does not give it for this money.

The best E2 receiver so far but also much more expensive
    is DM8000.However, this receiver will soon be in the shadow of his price.

Fastest receiver so far is probably dm500hd
    +- the same processor with fewer options.

But do not forget for a couple of months or earlier we will have more receivers, which will surely compete for TOP position probably for less money.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Clarke-TEch ET 9000 HD is also great for the money: €389 + P&P around €15 or so from Holland, the cheapest so far. If you are in the UK then the sponsors have them.

If you do not need Cable tuner, you can stick a DVB-T stick in a USB port and that's it. The only other HW thing that DM 8000 HD does have and E-T doesn't is the capacity to install DVD burner inside. But it could work in E-T via USB port, so...

It seems much better than Vu+ Duo, I must say, the way the support is rolling in, the way they keep working on the drivers etc.

Original support forum for more info.

Thanks
    I say vu+ cos I am the very first person to intruduce the box to the uk..

Thanks
    I am for the CT ET 9000. This machine could be a serious competitor to the DM 8000 at half of the price. Various image teams have created or are about to create images recently and the box has been on the market only a few months. I believeve its potential in big.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blagi View Post
    Clarke-TEch ET 9000 HD is also great for the money: €389 + P&P around €15 or so from Holland, the cheapest so far. If you are in the UK then the sponsors have them.

If you do not need Cable tuner, you can stick a DVB-T stick in a USB port and that's it. The only other HW thing that DM 8000 HD does have and E-T doesn't is the capacity to install DVD burner inside. But it could work in E-T via USB port, so...

It seems much better than Vu+ Duo, I must say, the way the support is rolling in, the way they keep working on the drivers etc.

Original support forum for more info.

Fist we have to see why is much better then Vuplus !?

Vu Plus is well stablish...and looks for me more the big publicity some one get up is not never much better then Vuplus geting in considertion even who produse Vuplus..is much much biger company then produser of CT...
    VuPlus will have another two new models...one of them with Be Triple tuner ...
    CT is new box no one knows where come from and is higher price £50 then VuPlus... from waht is see from sponsor.

About people coming in forum from Hollnde or Germany to grap some cousters around UK they are disperate even puting the price of Hollande like 40 euro less then sponsor and broke the rulles of the Forum..

I am feed up with this advertise style everythink is best before they come in Markets and after is all Fiasco...( this is not againt CT do not missunderstend is against people they fly with advertise and put other Brands douwn..)

CT can be good box need to show more to their coustermers and for UK will not have long way becouse they have to bit the WALL...

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon3

That's easy, C-T is better than Vu+ Duo because, unlike Vu+ Duo, it has:

-1080p
    -blindscan [when available in E2]
    -PiP
    -Multimedia part is getting stronger and stronger
    -listening to customers and writing new drivers promptly, as asked (the coder/-s seem[s] very, very good!).

Have I missed something?

Also, the support is growing, as they already have at least 4-5 teams writing for it.

The C-T ET9000 forum is quite informative, including the critici*s*m*s, which I find very healthy! Quite open! (For now, anyhow... )

Btw, if Marusys comes up with better HW [in those two new models about to be pushed], in order to counter-act all those shortcomings of Vu+ Duo in relation to C-T - we can talk then...
    Last edited by Blagi; 05-03-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks
    although ET9000 is very good box, it's drivers still to be improoved and also it lacks support from major teams (it has Pli but this is not enough impho)

The no1 choice for me is VU+duo
    that is price/performance/hardware/support-wise

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blagi View Post
    That's easy, C-T is better than Vu+ Duo because, unlike Vu+ Duo, it has:

-1080p
    -blindscan [when available in E2]
    -PiP
    -Multimedia part is getting stronger and stronger
    -listening to customers and writing new drivers promptly, as asked (the coder/-s seem[s] very, very good!).

Have I missed something?

Also, the support is growing, as they already have at least 4-5 teams writing for it.

The C-T ET9000 forum is quite informative, including the critici*s*m*s, which I find very healthy! Quite open! (For now, anyhow... )

Btw, if Marusys comes up with better HW [in those two new models about to be pushed], in order to counter-act all those shortcomings of Vu+ Duo in relation to C-T - we can talk then...

On the Gift box Tm 800 is the King...lol...cammon...Ct has no think more then Vu Duo..About Support do not forget CT just Startet and Vu Duo has like a Year and has fix most of the Bugs...CT need extra time to do that becouse came so late in market 12months Delay...!!!! ( Even if they put one opetion extra p ir i not big diffence any way for end users , they did not done no think + than copy VU Plus style and with price higher...

Haw i says CT is goo Box but never will be better then Vu Plus..in this Models and new Ones coming Soon from Vu Plus.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon3

No need for that effort to happen - it already is better.

Have a look at the very base and think a little bit...

I might buy one soon... So should you...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast