Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best Linux HD Receiver????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blagi View Post
    No need for that effort to happen - it already is better.

Have a look at the very base and think a little bit...

I might buy one soon... So should you...

Puting Extra Ram in stb is not the end of the world...any way...

Is the support who deliver the s/w to connect par with Hw in the END..not the extra ram ..

We have se many many Brands have nice HW in the end gone bust...!

Please do not advertise like a Trader... because same advertise you find in What satellite magazine this Month even from TM 800 against Dreamox and Vu plus...is the best /lol ..Do you know why !?

Maybe

Because TM and CT have many think in commune.lol ( part of some Manufactures,not all. )

Thanks

To add some think for every one...

When this project start is from the Best manufacture in Korea calling Marusys is been support even from Giants of electronic business Like Maurusys and Humax and Broadcom too...The owners of those manufactures are RELATED.. trust me i maybe more longer then you in business.
    Their project can not be bitten from just small Company clling Clark Tek in Germany OEM Brand do not priduse no think........
    Those company i am talking are mult-ibilioners companies...not OEM can disappear tomorrow.

That one i will more confortable in future about Vu Plus then CT...

I did not like talk in this way in public..but haw i see doing publicity nominating the other is not good idea.

Thanks
    No need for that effort to happen - it already is better.

Have a look at the very base and think a little bit...

I might buy one soon... So should you...
    Hmmm
    So you do not have it and you are comparing it to what (you have)?

I do not have anything against ct.I hope it all good.

I am blind scanning with their old sd models.

Thanks

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMAN View Post
    Puting Extra Ram in stb is not the end of the world...any way...

Is the support who deliver the s/w in the END..not the extra ram ..

We have se many many Brands have nice HW in the end gone bust...!
    because same advertise you find in What satellite magazine Dreamox and Vu plus...is the best /lol ..Do you know why !?

Maybe

Because TM and CT have many think in commune.lol ( part of some Manufactures,not all. )
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zzzz,zzzz ! Jeess !, Just Had me Breakfeast... !

I must be lost cause I thought I was in the Technomate Discussion forum section????,, I put my glasses down a while ago and I cannot find the remote control to enter the biss keys......:o16:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Darky, I have no business interests of any kind, m8... You, however, are a whole different ball game, as we all know... So, please, don't embarrass yourself so freely, accusing me of something you do all the time... I act as a hobbyist! YOU do NOT!

Qui, m8, as I said, I will buy it... That should tell you enough... Besides, that photo of comparison I posted speaks aplenty, don't you think? I also hope all is well with it, especially if I buy it!

Stay on the topics, please, dear colleagues. Which one is best [for the money]? I.e. which one gives the most for the cash we would spend for it...

And in good faith, according to the facts presenting themselves, I vote C-T ET! Maybe I am wrong... we'll see...

Thanks
    I've set up a DM800 and a DM800 clone, so I can't really speak for any box other than those two.

My findings are they are exactly the same but one cost £250 more

Thanks
    Darky, I have no business interests of any kind, m8... You, however, are a whole different ball game, as we all know... So, please, don't embarrass yourself so freely, accusing me of something you do all the time... I act as a hobbyist! YOU do NOT!

Qui, m8, as I said, I will buy it... That should tell you enough... Besides, that photo of comparison I posted speaks aplenty, don't you think? I also hope all is well with it, especially if I buy it!

Stay on the topics, please, dear colleagues. Which one is best [for the money]? I.e. which one gives the most for the cash we would spend for it...

And in good faith, according to the facts presenting themselves, I vote C-T ET! Maybe I am wrong... we'll see...
    Hi
    I do not have anything against CT.As I said I´m still using old non usb (sd) models for blind scanning.And that comparison table I have seen earlier and maybe I have posted it also to some forums But have to remember that even technical specs are ok it does not mean that support is as good.And support is pretty important.

But anyway, I hope You like Your new toy and there is no doubt about it.
    It´s a good receiver.For sure.

Thanks
    I owned Dreambox 500s,DM 600,DM800HD china, VU+solo, And now, Clark-teck ET9000.
    the last one was the best

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I have a DM800 (Genuine) and a VU+ Duo, both are great box's.

I only bought the VU+ as I wanted a twin tuner box, otherwise i'd have just stuck with the DM800 as it's virtually the same (takes a little longer to boot up, but when running it's pretty much the same as the vu).

When I was looking at the Duo, the CT ET9000 had just been released onto the market, so I looked at that too.

However at the time it was over £100 more expensive, and tbh the difference between the 2 box's is so minimal, that imo it wasn't worth the extra cash, especially as at the time there wasn't any support for it.

Now things have moved on a bit, and the CT has the support, however I still don't see it being worth more money than the duo, as the specs are very similar and the extra features it has (officially) don't warrant it imo. That said blindscan (IF it comes about) would be something worth having, but other than that, I don't see any real differences.

If I was buying right now, I would prob still go for the Vu+ duo, less than half the price of the DM8000 (closest Dreambox rival), and a little cheaper than the similar spec'd CT ET9000.

As for the DM800 well it's pretty much the same as the duo, but with a single tuner, much smaller and better looking, and a nice LCD display. But when in use (the most important thing), there is very little between them, and work pretty much identical.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon12

'Been reading a lot about it, as I prepare...

They say that the image quality is not the greatest in Vu+ Duo... Any confirmations?

On the other hand, C-T now costs only €359 in the EU and £365 in the UK, apparently...

Allegedly, blindscan is an Enigma2 issue... We'll see...

Btw, Xtrend might be the original...

Darky might be right, as to who really designs and/or makes those boxes...

Code:
    http://et-view.com/index.php
    It is interesting - how come...???

Thanks
    @ DARKMAN

Any new about the new VU+ models ? when are they coming out ?

Thanks
    Sold my DM800HD clone on a well known auction site (for more than I paid for it new !) and bought a VU+ Duo . Very happy with it so far .

Sammy

Verified Registered User plaskotki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulP View Post
    That's what I have. Some forum comments make setting up the VU difficult others not. I am still not sure if to get one as I use Macs and guess that causes problems because of the need for computer link ups.
    Any Mac users here using Linux boxes ?
    Hi there, I have icecrypt s4000 and mainly use iMac. The connectivity is better with E2 image. Web interface for DM works ok. However for the E1 software-it's a different story. Most of the software you need is for win or linux :(

Thanks

Icon7 Mac In Windows into Linux?:)

Quote Originally Posted by plaskotki View Post
    Hi there, I have icecrypt s4000 and mainly use iMac. Most of the software you need is for win or linux :(

So what are you proposing ? nothing wrong with these at the moment,,, Bummer ! them Imacs are expensive en all ! But a pure waste of money,,,,,:respect-023:

Banned
    Thanks

I don't think your model is good

I am just getting used the Dreambox for all the past year, I am not sure the quality of your new prodcuts.:bowing-036:

Thanks

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkerman View Post
    I am just getting used the Dreambox for all the past year, I am not sure the quality of your new prodcuts.:bowing-036:
    Janey Mackintosh....

"skywalkerman" You're the lucky One,,and Now your complaining too??

What@s the issue ?
    Last edited by Plessy; 02-04-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234