Thread: Has anyone installed the Sky EPG for Nabilosat?

Thanks

Has anyone installed the Sky EPG for Nabilosat?

How does it look and does it work like the EPG from a Sky box?
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99854

I'm currently running Dream Elite and use the rytec-skyuk epg. I'm finding this ***bersome and not easy to use (go into channel list first then press 3 to get multi EPG. No way to page down - you must cycle through every channel, etc).

I'm only using UK channels on 28.2e so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Is there a way of assigning numbers to channels so that 101 becomes BBC1, etc.?

Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You can enter MultiGraph EPG directly by a long press of INFO, then OK. I don't think there's any way to scroll a page at a time, it's a limitation of the MultiGraph EPG.

The other Sky EPGs, including the one you linked to, just download the schedule data - you still view using the same MultiGraph EPG, so visually it will be exactly the same as your existing EPG.

You can't actually assign channel numbers, but you can create a new set of bouquets for the Sky channels using dbEdit, in the more familiar order, and position them first in the bouquet list - this will mean the channel numbers will run from no.1 upwards, but without any gaps. Splitting the channels into the seperate genres/sections also makes the channel lists a more manageable size, so the lack of a next/previous page function becomes less of a problem. Whilst in the EPG, you can change sections with bouquet +/- buttons.

Thanks
    Thanks Sparky - some things for me to try there . I'll do some more searching...

Is this the dbEdit you are talking about - http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbedit2/

V.I.P
    Thanks
    This is what you want, latest version available in the Tools section on here...

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93184

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_dog View Post
    You can enter MultiGraph EPG directly by a long press of INFO, then OK. I don't think there's any way to scroll a page at a time, it's a limitation of the MultiGraph EPG.
    If you press the right or left buttons rather than the up or down buttons this will scroll through the pages.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keith0509 View Post
    If you press the right or left buttons rather than the up or down buttons this will scroll through the pages.
    Thanks Keith - tip for the day