Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vu+Duo and HDMI cable ???

Thanks

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by sparky208 View Post
    result m8 well done go to plug ins then hit the green button down into soft cams and grab CCcam 2.1.4 i think install it . go here and get filezilla client http://filezilla-project.org/ install it on your pc open it on the top left put in your ip of your vu+ and password is root it will connect to the vu+ at the bottom scroll down and click on var then click on ect scroll down and you should see your CCcam write click on it view it will open in like notepad highlight everything in there delete it and then paste your cline in there close it it will say save the Chang's .yes and that will then be sent the vu+ and then all is . fook me pink lol . just thinking have you sent your vu = a channel list like cats eyes
    Thanks Sparky, will try this tomorrow. Can I use DCC for to load the cccam as well ? I have some sort of channel list installed which seems to have everything. Except that the ARD HD channel freuency is incorrect (great for footie) Have tried rescanning the correct frequency but nothing showing ? Still, a couple of weeks to the world cup, so lots of time for me to sort it out.
    Thanks again,
    Thirsty

Verified Registered User sparky208's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty View Post
    Thanks Sparky, will try this tomorrow. Can I use DCC for to load the cccam as well ? I have some sort of channel list installed which seems to have everything. Except that the ARD HD channel freuency is incorrect (great for footie) Have tried rescanning the correct frequency but nothing showing ? Still, a couple of weeks to the world cup, so lots of time for me to sort it out.
    Thanks again,
    Thirsty
    sorry m8 iam lost what is dcc . i look at your name the have a beer lol

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky208 View Post
    sorry m8 iam lost what is dcc . i look at your name the have a beer lol
    Dreambox control centre, should be fine mate

Thanks
    Do you have to use a channel list with this box or can you scan each satellite as normal?

dog-man

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    Do you have to use a channel list with this box or can you scan each satellite as normal?

dog-man
    Hi Dog man, normal scanning is possible, but as I only got hold of the box on Friday and I am still struggling with it, I havent been able to edit mistakes in channel lists or at least in whatever channel list it is that I am using

Sparky DCC is to be found here
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66108

Thanks
    its always been my experience that on a linux box you should try to use a channel list that somebody you trust has compiled rather than scanning

I tend to use the cajton ones if I can , but the catseyes one may also be good

you can save your own using dreamboxedit or dreamset , then load in a different one of your choosing

once you have spent weeks learning what it should be like and what to do , then decide if you want to do more things yourself like channel lists etc

but personally I find some excellent lists are already done , and then I personalise them myself so channels are in an order I prefer ( moving channels about etc )

always keep backups on your pc though

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    its always been my experience that on a linux box you should try to use a channel list that somebody you trust has compiled rather than scanning

I tend to use the cajton ones if I can , but the catseyes one may also be good

you can save your own using dreamboxedit or dreamset , then load in a different one of your choosing

once you have spent weeks learning what it should be like and what to do , then decide if you want to do more things yourself like channel lists etc

but personally I find some excellent lists are already done , and then I personalise them myself so channels are in an order I prefer ( moving channels about etc )

always keep backups on your pc though
    Hi Echelon, if you have a moment maye you can help me? Only, got the box on Friday, so havent had much time to work out where I may be going wrong. I cant seem to get any of the FTA HD channels to show; ARD, ZDF, etc. I noticed from the frequency in the channel list I am using, that the ARD is one point out and so tried scanning the correct freq, but with no luck. Is there an issue with the HD channels (like ITV HD) ?

Edit: Echeleon; have the Cajton channel list and DCC and using enigma 2, could you tell me which folder I should load the file to ? thanks
    2nd EDIT: Sorted, HD problem had to do with the channel list; loaded up the CATJON settings now AOK!
    Thanks
    Thirsty
    Last edited by Thirsty; 17-05-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks
    Here's a little Vu+ setup guide to help you enigma2 newbies find your feet.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=133588

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty View Post
    Got a vu+duo yesterday, but cant get a peep out of the HDMI connection; no picture no sound. Scart ;no problem.
    Have tried different configs on tv (Sony KDL 40U4000) same with A/V on vu+

2nd problem, Network not working:
    IP adress : unconfirmed
    Nameserver :unconfirmed
    What am I supposed to do

Thanks for your time and be glad for any help.
    Thirsty
    Got a solution for your HDMI problem.
    A new Vu has a 'virgin' HDMI port. So you need to make sure that the HDMI cable has gone all the way in. At the max only 1-2 mm of the steel connector should be visible. If you see more than that the HDMI cable is not properly connected. I struggled for a while with this problem as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oneforall View Post
    Got a solution for your HDMI problem.
    A new Vu has a 'virgin' HDMI port. So you need to make sure that the HDMI cable has gone all the way in. At the max only 1-2 mm of the steel connector should be visible. If you see more than that the HDMI cable is not properly connected. I struggled for a while with this problem as well.
    Hi, Crossbones advised me to do this as well. I obviously didnt push it hard enough; had my dinner and tried again, and youre right, it was just the connection. :001_07: silly me!

Thanks again
    T.

Thanks
    very easily done, as we don't like to treat our baby's too rough

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12