Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S99PriorityManager : New Priority Script

Thanks
    I think the script file is not unix like.

Thanks
    You're right. I re-attached the file. You can redownload it or simply type the command at Telnet prompt:

dos2unix /DISK2/etc/start.d/S99PriorityManager.sh

Sorry for the DOS format

Quote Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    I think the script file is not unix like.

Thanks
    I have two observations:

1) If I press power on the remote but after I choose "cancel" instead of "sleep", I will return back to "TV" but for the script the menu is always "sleep". Can you check or it is only me?

2) How the script is handling reserved recordings (recordings made when the box is in pause)? Is the box switching to "TV" (or "MEDIA")?

Thanks
    1) This is basically the question that I waited for an answer from opensat. Their answer is "Cancel does not trigger anything" . So there is no way to detect this. Just use power button to wake up the script after sleep.

look here:
    http://forum.azbox.com/index.php/topic,330.0.html

2) Hmm, this is a test case that I never think about. I'll inspect its working style and then try to handle it. If I manage, I'll add it to v1.3 version.

I have two observations:

1) If I press power on the remote but after I choose "cancel" instead of "sleep", I will return back to "TV" but for the script the menu is always "sleep". Can you check or it is only me?

2) How the script is handling reserved recordings (recordings made when the box is in pause)? Is the box switching to "TV" (or "MEDIA")?

Thanks
    Hi,

Below is what I get when I test the script. I move to youtube and plugins but I don't get any other log. Is this what I should get?

PHP Code:
    AZBox[~]$ tail -/tmp/S99PriorityManager_IsRunning                       
    :26:41 05/14/10INITIALIZING                                           
    :27:03 05/14/10LAST_MENU=INITIALIZINGCURRENT_MENU=SLEEP TV=     10 

Thanks
    Same thing that is written at above two messages.

Do not use "CANCEL" to wake up the box. It's currently not possible to detect according to the opensat :(

May be I can find a work araound for this, but may be I cannot...

Just use power button to sleep azbox and again use power button to wake it up.

Quote Originally Posted by maviing View Post
    Hi,

Below is what I get when I test the script. I move to youtube and plugins but I don't get any other log. Is this what I should get?

PHP Code:
    Last edited by buyukbang; 14-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks
    This problems are solved in v1.3. Currently testing v1.3. Here are the latest changes:

v1.3
    -----
    Fixed : "CANCEL" option in sleep menu is now detected as it should be.

Improved : TV recording and channel switch speed.

Added : Reserved programs are now supported. When a scheduled recording starts, TV prioritization will be applied until it ends.

Added : CIF mount support for those who want want to mount cif shares of your network to Azbox. (auto-mounts shares when the file server is online, auto-unmounts share when the file server is offline)

Added : NFS mount support for those who want want to mount cif shares of your network to Azbox. (auto-mounts shares when the file server is online, auto-unmounts share when the file server is offline)

Added : Swap file support for Azbox. You can activate this option so that to S99PriorityManager creates swap file on your HDD or Flash disk which will help RAM by caching some part of the memory. Swap usage file helps large file operations like recording.

Added : "Deep Sleep" option. You can activate this option if you want to kill all unnecessary applications when box goes to sleep mode to improve downloading speed. There are some a side effects of deep sleep. For more information please read "USER DEFINED PARAMETERS" section.

Added : Transmission (torrent client) sleep mode prioritization.

Added : aMule (eD2K client) sleep mode prioritization.

I have two observations:

Quote Originally Posted by maviing View Post
    Hi,

PHP Code:

Thanks
    Thanks!

But where I'm able to find vers. 1.3

Thanks
    Very nice! I had already made some changes for transmission but now I am very happy that this is on the script!

Thanks
    I'll publish it in this week. Just need some testing for a few days. Besides, I'm waiting another reply from opensat.

http://forum.azbox.com/index.php/topic,339.0.html

Quote Originally Posted by zeini View Post
    Thanks!

But where I'm able to find vers. 1.3
    Last edited by buyukbang; 20-05-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks
    # Added : azepgmgr support to protect TV/Media applications from the glitches caused by its initial process. (Thanks to Smudger!)
    I have checked script version 1.2 for azepgmgr.
    I guess that the value of nice of azepgmgr should be 5 in all modules and should always be 5, except SLEEP.

Beware if azepgmgr is started BEFORE PrioprityManager with a script in start.d you will have a lot of problems and big instability for the long time azepgmr needs to finish its task. I have checked this: S99PriorityManager will start after a lot of time.

On the other hand if it is called AFTER it will not receive any optimitation, since there is not a azepgmgr nice setting in any MODULE.

Am I wrong here?

Thanks
    Smudger's test results show exacly the same and I already set +5 azepgmgr for all modes but including SLEEP mode. Negative snice values for
    azepgmgr does not provide too much, that's because I set +5 also in sleep mode.

Starting any program within start.d is not a good idea if it tales too long time to finish, but using & character will provide asynchronous execution, which is usually used fot this type of problems if its script does not need a return value. Smudger is using without this type of script. So the azepgmgr script that you mentioned is really a bad implementation.

Smudger'a usage also guarantees that azepgmgr works after S99PrioprityManager.

BTW, I don't use azepgmgr since two platforms that I watch have EPG information from the sattalite. So I don't have much knowledge about azepgmgr. May be you can ask Smudger for details.

I have checked script version 1.2 for azepgmgr.
    I guess that the value of nice of azepgmgr should be 5 in all modules and should always be 5, except SLEEP.

Beware if azepgmgr is started BEFORE PrioprityManager with a script in start.d you will have a lot of problems and big instability for the long time azepgmr needs to finish its task. I have checked this: S99PriorityManager will start after a lot of time.

On the other hand if it is called AFTER it will not receive any optimitation, since there is not a azepgmgr nice setting in any MODULE.

Am I wrong here?

Thanks
    Opensat did not respond to my question, they even censured my two messages written as a reply. I just wrote "no response from Opensat?" and they censured these messages. I cannot believe this. How can be a company and their owner/workers can be such idiot to discourage volunteer code writers .... They are simply dummy...

Could you please reply this message in official forum to make them embarrassed to block too much messages from too much customers....

http://forum.azbox.com/index.php/topic,339.0.html

By the way,

I packed the script as a plugin and will provide a user interface to see Priority Manager logs and activate/deactivate/restart Priority Manager. There will be no need for telnet anymore.

Moreover, I added a feature to automatically execute user selected programs in sleep mode, automatically kill them after wake up. So that you'll be able to automize running of some CPU intensive processes without writing commands from telnet always while protecting your TV watching comfort by giving all system sources to TV and Mediaplayer applications.

Sorry but unfortunately this new feature and plugin related works will cause a small delay, v1.3 release will be this weekend.
    Last edited by buyukbang; 20-05-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for your hard work byukbang. We do appreciate it.

Thanks
    thumps up

dude

Thanks
    @buyukbang

I could put your message on the official forum but the moderator has to approve the replay first:banghead:

So I really doubt that It will be granted (its on Note: This message is awaiting approval by a moderator. )

and yes opensat is filled with idiots iggy:

Thanks
    Guys,

Thank you all for support, Smudger's and Zenith's (and may be censured ones) replies on the official forum resulted a reply, finally. However there are no new information for me, and certainly not a detailed reply.:boxing_smiley:

I requested details and now working on the plugin. C U soon...

Thanks
    Thanks, BUYUKBANG

You have to give full support to BUYUKBANG world because it loses its time for the benefit of all.
    From here I appreciate your work and ask OPensat help.
    thanks

Sorry, I do not speak English, am Spanish, from cadiz. the text is translated by google
    Last edited by edu1971; 20-05-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks
    dear buyukbang can you tell us if possible when we're going to have version 1.3 of your script?thanks in advance.

Thanks
    A few hours later ! Added some new features other than I wrote above. Especially one of them is very good. It speeds up DOM u to 20% ! Just doing last tests...

BTW, I'll create a new thread for v1.3...

Quote Originally Posted by MV_BEST View Post
    dear buyukbang can you tell us if possible when we're going to have version 1.3 of your script?thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast