Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spiderbox - My personal review

Thanks

Spiderbox - My personal review

Spiderbox 9000HD
    Smart packaging, but that means nothing so I continue.
    Remote looks good but that means nothing so I continue on lol
    Ok took me 10 mins to set up and activate the gift, loaded everything via usb stick ie channel list/patches/softcams etc.
    It auto sets up really no skill involved, finds your ip etc.
    I ran the gift for a good few hrs and super reliable.
    Used the Home streaming tool and great, can access my films on pc from spiderbox and it's works 100%
    Used the timeshift and it works 100%
    Used the pvr and records 100%
    played avi's straight from usb and worked great.
    No lipsync issues when on channels either.
    Remote control can be programmed to use other devices ie dvd/tv/vcr etc. Works my tv perfect.
    Back up channels and sw image via usb works 100%
    You can manually enter shares via remote or text file via usb.
    Tried n line from mate work 100%
    Tried c lines from mates on cccam 211/212/213 and worked glitch free 100%
    Tried c line on cccam 214 and glitched non stop. Darkman says team are working on this.

Picture quality fantastic.
    can be rebooted in secs superfast!
    This box looks smart, is easy to use.
    One gift package is dearer than this receiver.

Just to add, it has rf in/out 2 scarts/hdmi etc 1 card slot and 2 cam slots.

The only downside to this receiver is the channel editor needs improving, But Darkman states the team are working on that.

Well I am glad I have tried this receiver, big thanks to DARKMAN for giving me the opportunity to try it.
    I have now removed my TM600 from under the telly and this has taken it's place.
    If as Darkman has said they can make Spiderbox server as well you have the total package in this receiver.

Value for money with gift 11 out of 10!
    Value for money without gift 10 out of 10!

So far I cannot speak more highly of this receiver, I have left review for a few days before posting as wanted to be 100% sure it was as good as my first impressions were and it is!

This receiver is excellent bit of kit.

If you want a top quality HD receiver with card slots/cam slots pvr etc and capable of receiving shares then this receiver is a bargaiin at the price.
    With the gift packages built in as well for 12 months you cannot go wrong.

Just to add, Bulsat and canal digitaal clears via softacm and not gift on these receivers. Go and buy one now! you won't regret it.
    Last edited by manic01; 04-05-2010 at 09:44 AM.

East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    I would second all thats above, even my wife and kids can use it easily and that is not so true of my tm9100 if it plays up.

Thanks
    And whats the betting that some begruger will come on and find a fault.TMULL
    Last edited by Tmull; 03-05-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: misselling

V.I.P
    Thanks
    other recievers can open iredto as well

anyone else getting sick of this constant advertising?
    its like some sort of cult!

Thanks
    Yeah, cheap advertising for a cheap box.

Please don't fool the people.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyt View Post

If you feel you're being fooled, why don't you state what isn't true about the above review?...
    Better still, why don't you do a review yourself & see if you can find any faults or things that don't work that the receiver claims it can do?...
    After all, opinion without foundation or reason doesn't speak very loud...

I don't like Marmite, the smell of paint or that bloody 'go compare' advert, but unless i choke on Marmite, become ill from the smell of paint or get ripped off from using the insurance review company, i don't really have any REAL complaint do i...

Thanks
    I have a couple of family members who could do with an HD box instead of the clone 500s they currently use.

Looks like this is the obvious choice.

Please keep the reviews coming please. Good and Bad

Thanks
    The only thing wrong with the Spiderbox is the cheap price. and the 4 letter word ? call it a present, call it buy one get one free, call it £30, call it what the fook yer want, but its still a great box. sponsors GW & DM want to sell sat boxes to put food on the table for the family and keep the forum going, nothing wrong with that,

Some more Cheap Advertising From Me Guys, The Spiders A Great Box Support Your Forum Sponsor To Keep Your Forum Going, We Would Not Be Here Without Them, just blank screen. ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    it'll all end in tears 12 months down the line when "gift" runs out

what happened to all the super support the Darkbox was going to get?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertimtim View Post

I think you are missing the point here m8

even if the gift runs out and isnt renewed or extended , the box can still be used for fta channels , and if you added a C line or an N line of your own you can do as you please with it. they even sell it without the gift for exactly those purposes

although the gift is useful , its an addition , an extra , and the box is still good value and can function without it just as easily as it can with it

the box is not a doorstop after 12 months , so do not imply it is , and as nobody can predict the future then I would refrain from trying to tell it , and dont make accusations that cannot be substantiated or refuted until may 2011

it should also be noted that this is the spiderbox discussion forum , so that is why it is reasonable to discuss it in here

darkbox discussions should be made in the darkbox discussion forum here

Verified Registered User BRUTUS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyt View Post

What are you talking about? Fool people? Why and how?
    A great box was born and people are reporting their feedback, what is wrong with that? why can you just buy one and enjoy your free channels, thousands and thousands channels PLUS HD channels...
    For once we don't have to get Box + cams+ cards etc...just one box and we have them all...Be greatful!
    I know you are a junior member here, so please respect other people point of view, ok?
    Thanks
    BRUTUS

Verified Registered User BRUTUS's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, you are definitely missing the point here, do you know how much it cost for C+ (on 19, 13 1w etc..) all together for 12 months?
    Do your addition and tell me how much you will get out of the box in 12 months compare to how much you will have to pay to watch all these channels...so even IF after 12 months there is no gift, you will have enjoyed it for 12 months and that is nothing to compare...
    Beside (and as Echelon said) there so much you can do with it , one line of cccam can open all the packages, (we don't discuss that here though...) so please stop talking about gift after 12 months...

Thanks
    Its all quite simple if you dont like it
    dont buy one. your loss not mine.

Dave

Thanks
    Good bit of kit for the price..
    Not perfect but getting better..
    Havn't tried the ccam function yet[get round to it one day with a bit of luck].. lol..

Thanks
    this is the spiderbox section where these things can and will be discussed

if anyone does not like these discussions taking place in here , THEN STAY OUT OF THIS SECTION !!

its as simple as that

the gift is just one aspect of this box , not the be all and end all , and even if there were no gifts , or they had expired , we would still allow spiderbox enthusiasts to discuss this box inside its own section , especially as it is sold by the forum sponsor and so enlightened discussions and backup are paramount

anyone not happy with those rules should delete their account here right now , because the discussion forums are staying , no matter what happens in 2011

Thanks
    Just to add my opinion, was not sure about this box as seemed to good to be true for the price. Also as the old saying goes if it appears to good to be true it normally is, so was dubious. However since purchasing one I have been more than pleasantly surprised by this box and it is worth every penny in my opinion, easy to set up and use, good build quality, excellent picture quality and more features coming, I can finally retire the Echostar after many years of service.....

Thanks
    I have the chance to buy this box directly from DarkMan, as i need it a new box to test, to say you the Truth i did not buy the GIFT option from the shop.
    Now to get to you,r silly post.

Do you fisr own a Darkbox or a SpiderBox ? you shall own them before you make any statments. the worst of all is that you do not state why PPL and members of this forum are being fooled ?? Why will people end in tears when the Gift runs out, you better explain this before you say anything more.

Now i go this box 2 months back, as i sayed with no GIFT, then i just simply connected the box to my LOCAL SERVER that has 6 cards that i like and pay for, i have made few test with Newcamd connection and i can say onely one thing Marvellus box, very stable and very easy to use.

Then i made a new server with CCCAM 2.1.1 version, i addedd my smargos and few rs232 card readers, huck up all the cards and then connected the Spiderbox with CCcam server since then i have it all on CCcam and i can say only one word ( EXELLENT )

i have made recordings on USB HDD 320 GB, with NO PROBLEMS, i have made recordings on USB 128 GB, save channel and software for later use with few remonte pushes.

REMEMBER i do not use GIFT from the shop, im a dumb person but this is the easy peazzy box to both settup and maintain, user friendly for the family and kids love the box.

if i can say some thing negative, it will be for sure the OSD that is UGLY, but the rest are just fine.

Thanks
    You can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but the miserable sods why bother to please them at all?

Yes I have both the Spiderbox SD5000 and the HD9000 also a Protek 9600ip, the Spiderbox receivers are so simple to set up and get running and the channel choice is second to none.

IF you can name better value for money then do so, don't attempt to sling mud when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks
    I went to the shop in london to buy a 9000hd The guy that served me was very helpfull and loaded the patch+gift for me.

Had it since eary febuary and its the best box that I have ever owned, And I have been in this hobby since before sly started

Thanks
    HI i bought this box its a easy box to use cccam not that clever might be a patch to fix soon gift is a great package when working BUT TO many shop keepers bushing this box on this site never seen something pushed so much cant see the furture but if this box has a 12mth shelf life well you know who to blame but saying that it is a free to air box has well is that a omen ??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast