Thread: Entering C lines in DM800HD clone

Thanks

Entering C lines in DM800HD clone

Have upgraded from DM100. The DM800 came with Gemini 4.6 & CCcam loaded. Know little about sat boxes (especially linux). I have scanned my two sats ( Nilesat & Hotbird) & can get unscrambled channels.
    I now need to enter my C lines & anything else to get finished. Can this be done with the box connected to the TV, or do I take it to my computer & plug in there? I did see something called Telnet that appeared to allow C lines to be entered. Totally lost. Any help in easy to understand language appreciated.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    use an ftp manager to edit/transfer files .

wsftp , totalcommander ............

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The best thing to do is to have the box connected to your modem/router permantly. Without this dreambox's are useless. Use a cat5 ethermet cable. Next use a program called dreambox control centre. (DCC)Dcc2.95. Ftp into the box with login as root and password as dreambox, unless this has been changed. You need to go into the file structure on the left hand window under /ect. Your cccam.cfg file is in there. You must have already downloaded cccam from the server before your cccam.cfg appears in the left hand window. Right click on the file and edit with notepad. Save and exit and your done.

Thanks
    My box is connected to to my TV & has an ethernet cable plugged in from my PC (which is in another room upstairs).
    I downloaded & unzipped the latest DCC to do***ents & settings.
    I went into file manager & found CCcam config (which has a question mark beside it).
    Cannot seem to do anything with DCC on my PC, or on the box.
    What do I do now?
    Sorry to be a pain, but this technology passed me by.

Thanks
    After fiddling around on the PC, managed to open a box that shows a PC linked to a DM.
    There is a red line connecting the two. The PC ip is shown. I think it is looking for the DM ip. How do I find this?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    main menu / setup / system / network

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you dreambox is connected to either your router or direct to your pc then you should be able to click on the search button underneath the dreambox icon. When the login and password are correct the lines will go green and you will get a screen that looks like the attached.

Thanks
    Thanks guys. I now get a green line from PC to DM. Clicked on FTP & entered CCcam cfg.
    There is a lot of stuff in there. Do I delete it ( I read somewhere to do that), or leave it?
    Is it now just a case of typing in the C lines.
    I also recall hearing something about an F line?

Thanks
    Kegnkiwi. I have a modem router, but I did not know the router ip. By saying no router, I get a green line from the PC to the DM. Hope that is ok.

Thanks
    what's your PC IP? (I mean local IP of course)

usually the router ip will have a last digit of either a 1 or 2, so it will be something like 192.168.0.1.

hope this helps.

regards: canthackit
    Last edited by canthackit; 25-04-2010 at 06:25 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    to enter c lines you first need friends peers , since you don't know what the f line means you either don't have any partners yet or you are trying to add a payserver .

everything inside the original cccam.cfg are just comments and examples , you will see an "#" infront of each line .
    all that you can delete leaving the file empty before adding your own f and c lines ,

f is to add clients to your own card
    c is to add servers

read the examples to figure out how it is done .

Thanks
    use any ftp program to do this , and just add your c lines to what is already there , and save

I use flash fxp for this process , but DCC will do it too. I usually copy the cccam.cfg file from the box to the pc , edit the file in notepad plus , then ftp it back replacing the original file with the modified one ( but editing in situ with the ftp program should also work )

as for your internet , you really need to connect a router into the system , and have the dreambox connected directly to the router ( and your pc as well )

once you have a router , the dreambox will access the internet and your c lines will work , and your pc can still access the internet or the dreambox through the same router

so I strongly advise you to get a router and connect up properly , otherwise you will really struggle

one your dreambox can access the router , set the dreambox to a fixed ip , and turn off dhcp

Thanks
    Now working perfectly. Terrible when you are completely lost in this strange techie world, but great to get help from you guys who know. Many thanks.