Thread: anyone with kathrein ufs910 and icecrypt s4000

Thanks

anyone with kathrein ufs910 and icecrypt s4000

is there anyone with kathrein ufs910 and icecrypt s4000.just want to know how the picture quality compare as i am seriously thinking of upgrading my kathrein.

i had the vu plus but sold it because i couldnt stand its pictures although i hear that video drivers have been updated now.has the driver improved pictures?

i am seriously considering the icecrypt but want to make sure the picture is a good as the kathrein.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    dunno about the kathrein , but its as good if not better than my genuine dm800HD

Thanks
    Is the Kathy the same as a Cuberevo? as I've had one of those and for me that Icecrypt is as good and miles better than a DM8000HD that I had before.

I thought the Cuberevo had a fantastic picture as does the Icecrypt.

Interesting that you don't like the PQ of the VU+ as I suspect its the same as the DM8K which I thought was very poor.

Thanks
    Yes you have stated many times how poor the 8000 picture is, I find it odd that you are the only person I have ever heard with this opinion.
    Do you live anywhere near Norfolk as I would be very pleased to show you that the 8000 picture isn't "poor"

Thanks
    You only need to do a little search to see how many times other people have slated the DM's PQ.

You won't even need to go too far, have a look at the thread below this one for starters!

I fancy that those who think otherwise just haven't compared it to anything else.

And why would I need to see yours I owned one myself.
    Last edited by Midnight R; 18-04-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks
    Is that the thread where zipper states that "the picture is better on the AVG I than the DM8000" ?
    I have voiced my opinion on here that I think the Kathrein HD picture with original firmware is "probably better than the 8000"
    This is not the same as saying the 8000 is "very poor" as you maintain.
    If I have remembered correctly you complained of motion blur, could this be caused by the screen rather than the receiver?
    I have three HDMI inputs of a Samsung 1920x1080 TV connected to a media centre with SS2 HD card, a Kathrein, and an 8000 so it is easy to compare the picture from all three.
    Again I extend an invitation for you to see them all and tell me which picture is "very poor"
    Apologies to uki as I am straying off topic and know nothing about an icecrypt.
    Last edited by crabber; 19-04-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight R View Post
    You only need to do a little search to see how many times other people have slated the DM's PQ.

You won't even need to go too far, have a look at the thread below this one for starters!

I fancy that those who think otherwise just haven't compared it to anything else.

And why would I need to see yours I owned one myself.

i 100% agree with Midnight R, i had my mate's dm8000 for 2 days and i can confirm that the picture is rubbish in comparison to my kathrein,it was not even as good as the vu+ i sold.

Thanks
    can someone confirm if the vu+ picture quality has improved since the latest video driver updates.if it has,i may seriously consider buying it again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i 100% agree with Midnight R, i had my mate's dm8000 for 2 days and i can confirm that the picture is rubbish in comparison to my kathrein,it was not even as good as the vu+ i sold.
    Seems I'm not alone in my evaluation after all!

@ Crabber I've just noticed what TV you're using.

I'm not going to go any further with you with this as I don't want to offend you further.
    Last edited by Midnight R; 19-04-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks
    Are you saying that not only Dreambox 8000 receivers are "very poor" but also Samsung TV's are not worth having either?
    I am not offended at all by your comments, why don't you show us all how clever you are by accepting my challenge of knowing which of three receivers you are watching by the picture quality?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Some people have lower expectations of what picture quality is and other have higher standards, i am not surprised that DM8000 got far worse picture quality than Kathrein UFS910 or IPbox9K.

If i bought a box for nearly £1000 i would freak out if the picture quality was blurry.

Thanks
    ive got a kathrein its a shame it as not got a dedicated english forum with plenty of support good box