Thread: problem with my DM 800HD

Thanks

problem with my DM 800HD

I HAVE THIS HD 800 HD(chineese) and it was working perfectly since last year but a few days ago when starting it....it writes (stop) and flashing red without booting....any help plz I am rookie in using it ...thnxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Possibly a driver issue . Are you using multiboot ? Your image drivers must be the same in the flash and external media .

Sammy

Thanks
    [QUOTE=ssjenkins;794540]Possibly a driver issue . Are you using multiboot ? Your image drivers must be the same in the flash and external media .

HI THERE
    THANX 4 UR REPLAY.HONESTLY I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT BUT I TOOK IT TO A SHOP & HE TOLD ME THAT IT IS BOOT 75 AND CAN'T BE MODIFIED TO 76...ANYWAY THE PICTURE IS SUNFLOWERS....HE TOLD ME TO FORGET ABOUT IT AND BUY A NEW ONE .WHAT DO U THINK?

Thanks
    Look in the sticky section above your post and read 'Idiots Guide to flashing a clone'. This should point you in the right direction.

Thanks
    Hi.
    Have you tried to unplug the power and wait a long time before putting the power back.
    Just so you are sure the box is 100% reset. Try to unplug it an wait eg for an hour and see.

Next thing you can try is to unplug the power, and then press and hold the power button on the front panel while putting the power back on.
    If you have your box connected to your network, you should get an IP adress in the front display. Then on your computer, enter this IP adress in your browser and you will get a menu from where you can upgrade your DM800 firmware.

Now, if you get this far.. Please be careful when selecting a new image to flash. Be sure that the image is the correct one for your box.
    There makers of the china clones use two different versions of a SIM card that is inside the box, one that is made by a team named Ferrari, and the other is Sim201.
    If you flash the wrong image or an image without the modified bootloader you will not be able to start your box again without a lot of extra trouble.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amyren View Post
    Hi.
    Have you tried to unplug the power and wait a long time before putting the power back.
    Just so you are sure the box is 100% reset. Try to unplug it an wait eg for an hour and see.

Next thing you can try is to unplug the power, and then press and hold the power button on the front panel while putting the power back on.
    If you have your box connected to your network, you should get an IP adress in the front display. Then on your computer, enter this IP adress in your browser and you will get a menu from where you can upgrade your DM800 firmware.

Now, if you get this far.. Please be careful when selecting a new image to flash. Be sure that the image is the correct one for your box.
    There makers of the china clones use two different versions of a SIM card that is inside the box, one that is made by a team named Ferrari, and the other is Sim201.
    If you flash the wrong image or an image without the modified bootloader you will not be able to start your box again without a lot of extra trouble.
    Hi there
    thanx a lot for ur advice...but i unplugged it and waited 4 more than 3 hours but in vain.....my DM 800 hd writes 192.168.2.when with internet connection .even when it is not connected it writes dccc and then stop..Honestly i don't have any idea about the flash or how 2 change a picture...but i will try it seems that it can be solved ...so i don't have to buy a new one do i ?

Dm8000/800se/800/7020, Qbox Hd/Mini, ....
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foued70 View Post
    Hi there
    thanx a lot for ur advice...but i unplugged it and waited 4 more than 3 hours but in vain.....my DM 800 hd writes 192.168.2.when with internet connection .even when it is not connected it writes dccc and then stop..Honestly i don't have any idea about the flash or how 2 change a picture...but i will try it seems that it can be solved ...so i don't have to buy a new one do i ?
    Take alook here :
    https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/flashing-browser

Thanks
    Hi Foued70,
    When you bought the box how was the box described and what image was on it? This usually tells you what sim card, bootloader and image was used. E.g. Newnigma2 4.4, sim 2.0.1 & bl76c. You seem to have a browser connection and you should be able to flash the original image back to the box if you know what it was.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foued70 View Post
    Hi there
    No, you dont need to buy a new one. If you can read an IP adress in the display, like 192.168.2.165 or something you should be able to flash the box again.
    Enter that numbers in the adress bar on your computers internet browser (firefox or whatever). Then you should find the page with a link to do a firmware update.
    Note that your box is a clone, so you MUST NOT flash an official firmware. Be sure that you choose an image that is made for clones.
    On that page I also think that you should be able to find info about your current image, if its SIM201 or a ferrari sim, and also the bootloader version.
    If you have one of these, there should be many images to choose from.

But do not press the flash update button before you are sure

Thanks
    you can easily flash for 75 to 76. What the bloke in the shop told you was wrong.

once it's flashed to BL76, there's a host of images available for you. BUT BE AWARE as said by others, you have a clone, don't try and flash an original image.

It does seem you need to do quite a bit of reading though before you even think about doing anything to it!

Good Luck