Thread: Stuck on booting and keys not responding

Thanks

Stuck on booting and keys not responding

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has come across this:
    The Azbox does not respond to Remote Control Unit or keys on front panel.
    The front display always remains at booting.
    The box will start up to the settings screen (like you see after firmware reset) but again keys do not work.
    Tried firmware upgrade from USB also but same problem, cannot use keys to choose upgrade.

Box is basically dead.

From reading around I suspect that it is because the box never goes from booting to loading.
    Anyone an ideas how I go about reseting or something?

Thanks
    shakel

Thanks
    Always start with a total remove from the mains, let it be for some 10 mins and plug it in again with the usb in place (make sure it´s patch.bin only)

Thanks
    I am having the same problem with a premium plus...it seems to have lost the last firmware update overnight and refuses to load any firmware via the usb slots, the setup page is showing but no firmware version is coming up and there is an absence of other settings details...the only button that works on the remote is the STB power but that sends the receiver into reboot, I have also tried using the buttons on the receiver itself and they don't work, I think I need to do a forced firmware load and I have tried Dig Deep's method and it won't work.

Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Found out something here that might help but in the end I had to give up...
    I'll explain.

Like Dig Deep said firstly leave the box off for at least 10 mins, I found sometime even longer was required. I disconected everything except the HDMI and USB Stick.

Switch on the box and press ok multiple times, hit and miss really as to how often you need to press it... After a min or two of booting the display on the unit would flash (I saw "user break" once and the RCU and front panel key will work and allow you to reinstall the firmware.

Great!

But... it happened again, and this time no matter how long I left the box off for or how many times I pressed OK on booting I could not get the procedure to work....

Banned
    Thanks
    I'm having the same problem, stuck on booting, the usb and network don't even light up.

Tried everything you said, but since you had some success with the "OK" pressing, I'll try a few more times.

Thanks
    what firmware are u both using? have u tried org early azbox firmware as that shoud boot from usb and allow u to format app area. hope that helps, cant think of anything else at the mo. sorry.

Thanks
    I have been trying the lastest daily build from fw.azupd.com.

Does that reset the box to factory defaults?

Thanks
    No it doesn't.
    Just a thought. Pop the DOM out and put it in a PC. Boot a linux live cd and see if you can read anything from the DOM.

Psi

Banned
    Thanks
    I've been trying the older firmwares, and no luck here. Looks like I'll have to send the box for repair under guarantee next week

Thanks
    Unplug your receiver and remove the battery, let the receiver without the battery for 10 minutes and then replace the battery, this way usually erase all memory errors from the receiver
    then again install the software
    Last edited by nakata; 03-04-2010 at 07:01 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nakata View Post
    Unplug your receiver and remove the battery, let the receiver without the battery for 10 minutes and then replace the battery, this way usually erase all memory errors from the receiver
    No luck with that too :(

Thanks
    @ Nakata, Your advice is very logical will give it a go...I am also going to reinstall the original firmware in my premium plus which was 0.9.4001 at the same time.

This only happened after I tried to install the latest firmware 0.9.4717...just wondering how many people that have used this firmware are having these problems now.

Another observation is that I couldn't download 0.9.4001 or any other firmware from az sh**e because fw.azupd is running very slow...not sure if this the same for everyone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nakata View Post
    Thanks Nakata this worked for me...I didn't need to reinstall any firmware because it automatically installed 0.9.4142 I am not sure if this was the original firmware when I got the receiver.
    Cheers and thanks again, James.

@ Rfdomingos, I did not have anything connected to my Azbox other than scart cable and power supply, no Hard drive although I did have a usb stick in the front slot with 0.9.4001 on it, but obviously it did not load this, I also took the backup memory battery out for about an hour or so, it could be worth giving it another try the way it worked for me.

Thanks
    @ Rfdomingos try this
    add your usb stick with patch file in it and reboot your receiver then try to install the fw but on step 3/4 check the time it needs to load it and if its very sort let the receiver to reboot and install the fw ones again usually this time the fw will be installed correctly
    the fw file must be patch.bin not 4170 patch.bin

sorry for my english i hope you understand it

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanks @ all, but nothing worked, took it to the store, where they tried a few more times, and went back to factory.

To be honest, that's the first time this box lets me down in 7 months. Let's hope it returns as good

Thanks
    lo posso fare anche su azbox elite x resettare tutto la memoria