Thread: Wireless Link on Laptop

Thanks

Wireless Link on Laptop

Hi i have a problem with my sons laptop. About a week ago we had his laptop fixed the power in battery lead connecter faulty the chap who fixed it also said we needed to do updates to Microsoft pack 3 also add AVG antivirus, when we got the laptop back all was well when we turn on did the updates added the antivirus once these were done and laptop switched back on it straight away picked up the wirerless signal from the Orange Live Box on our main computer so all perfect. However the next day my son switched on laptop would not connect wireless so we took it to the home of the chap who had fixed the computer it picked up his wireless signal straight away while we were there he put in more memory to speed up the laptop. Again at home still could not connect wireless to our Orange livebox, spent next two evenings talking to Orange who evenually said we needed new Livebox. Yesterday new one arrived set everything up to main computer but when we tried the wirless on the laptop still would not connect the strange thing is when we looked for wireless connections five came up from neighbors one of which was un-secured we clicked on even though the signal was showing only one bar but it did connect. So before i spend any more money on fixing this bloody laptop can anyone make any suggestions, personally i think it has something to do with the security, i say this because Orange had me do a test unsecured and it worked but i think even they have given up left us to sort ourselves. Best johnhenry

Thanks
    Delete the network from your list on your laptop. Look under 'preferred wireless connections' and remove/delete it.

Then, scan for new wireless connections, try to connect to yours again, entering your wireless security. This might do the trick. Sometimes its possible to save a wireless setup with the wrong passcode, then each time you try to connect it wont work. The way to fix it is to either edit that network and re-enter the WEP/WPA code or to just simply delete it from the list and re-scan - starting again. Good luck

Thanks
    Also it's pcdudes.co.uk for PC issues

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veron57 View Post
    Also it's pcdudes.co.uk for PC issues
    100% correct , try reading the sticky threads john

thread closed