Hi

I don't post very often as I usually have nowt much to say; however, I will make an exception in this case.

A couple of months ago I contacted a supposedly reputable ticket agency for a couple of tickets for a gig tonight. As the "promise" was to deliver the tickets between 2 and 10 days before the gig, and I wanted them for a special occasion, I paid well over the odds.

No tickets had arrived by Saturday afternoon, so I contacted them for a "promised" refund of 120% of the price of the tickets for failing to provide the goods within the time specified.

This evening I log on to my e-mails at about 19.30 and find one from said agency. The tickets are awaiting my collection at the box office! The e-mail was timed at after 13.00 today. Bearing in mind that the gig was due to start (doors open I expect) at 19.00 and I live 300+ miles from the venue (yes, I did tell them that), there was no way that I could make it even if I'd left as soon as the e-mail arrived.

I haven't named the agency (based in Holland) because I do not want this site to get grief. However, I hope that you all take a great deal of care when ordering tickets from agencies.

asimov (A lot poorer but a bit wiser ... I hope)