Thread: Remote Problem Solved for DM8K!

Thanks

Remote Problem Solved for DM8K!

Should'av posted this sooner, but better late than never.

Remember this thread:-
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114084

and this:-
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=120086

Well to clear it all up I finally found out what the problem was and it may help a few out here if this happens to you.

If you've read the above threads you'll know i had a BIG problem with my remote for my dm8k, well it turns out that the problem was caused by an energy saving lamp which was in the standard lamp that stood beside my plasma screen.
    When the lamp was turned on, the remote failed, turn the lamp off, all worked OK again, simple as that!
    I took out the energy saving lamp and tried a different (energy saving) lamp, all worked OK with the lamp on or off.
    So it seems that the frequency of this particular lamp affected ONLY the remote for the dm8k.
    I kept the old lamp in a box just in case the supplier (Mark) wanted me to send it to him as he had my old box on test at his shop, but he said it was not needed as he was happy that the problem was solved, I am now keeping the lamp myself for posterity's sake - lol. as this was such a pain in the arse to solve.

Do you know how i finally found it?
    Well I was using the remote one evening when the missus came into the room and switched off the main light saying it was a waste of electrickery and that i should use the standard lamp if I wanted a light on, and.......... yup, you guessed it, the remote failed, i got her to switch lights back over so i could check things out and........ yup, it worked again, simple as!
    Only coz i was using the remote at that exact time that I twigged it.

What a friggin nightmare, but it was solved (a few weeks back now), thanks to Mark for his patience, :bowing-036: and curse the great god of energy saving lamps for causing this grief.

Hope this helps anyone else who may have a similar problem. :respect-040:

Now energy saving lamps are no longer an option, this may well crop up again!

wd

Thanks
    so it looks like youve seen the light . halalulyia

funny story lol it looks like someone has shone a light down on you when you twigged. or you had a bright idea hehe

Thanks
    Yup, lol, who'd have thought an energy saving lamp could give out a frequency that would interfere with a remote control eh!

Thanks
    elctric cables and thermasat give out frequencies also if you get interfence with them such as channels breaking up poor picture quality youve had it

Thanks
    yup, those emf probs, all cables should be shielded (in an ideal world!)

Thanks
    Thanks for letting us know, it is something else to keep in mind, and of course I am especially chuffed that I suggested it may be interference from something, although I wrongly thought it may be an LCD screen as had been reported before.
    LCD screens have fluorescent tubes in as backlights, (at least my laptop does) in which case this sounds a similar.