Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Domain Ping fails (Samsung TV)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Giga,

Back here for a while...

Thanks for the links to FW. I guess I'll have to talk/chat to Belkin to confirm I can install one of the 2 FWs you mention...

Tried the DMZ thing, and it does not work either.

Getting worried.

I also read something about a weak transceiver and the need to swap a board on the TV. Scary.

Thanks again.

tinto de verano

Thanks
    don't think it has anything to do with your UE8000? You can test your wifi on the internal network with the DLNA server for windows:
    Samsung PC share manager <= click here
    If you are installing this on windows newer then XP: you have to install this as a administrator (on vista right click on install file, an select that option) have all other windows and programs closed. At some stage you could get question regarding firewall: allow this.
    after installing when starting the manager you should go in the menu in the 2nd option from the left: sharing or something simular. In there the bottom option where you should allow the UE8000 to access the server.
    The server should already show the flatscreen when it is on with its ip address.
    I think the problem is the router (settings?) you already had a chance checking the security log and see what did happen while testing UE8000?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    And hello again Giga.

And thank you very much indeed again.

I canno test right now.

But I will tomorrow.

I hope you are around to keep helping me.

Thanks. mate.

Still wondering... how come the Blu-Ray player connects to youtube and th TV does not go out to the internat (Domain Ping)???????????????????

tinto de verano
    Last edited by tinto de verano; 06-03-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks
    did you try this: switch off the router for 10 minutes?
    I don't know, don't have wireless? All wired up here: 1GB home network:
    - UE40B8090
    - LE40B650
    - 2 x TM6900HD Super
    most of the time you can find me around, when I'm not on line here, I can be reached with skype even when it shows offline
    Code:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Giga.

THANKS!

I have tried everything, I think... NO success.

Today I tried something different:

I disconnected the Virgin Modem and the new Belkin N+Router. I then connected my old Belkin 54G Router. Plugged everything in...

And the TV passes the Domain Ping test and I can use the widgets.

Although the connection was not available on a couple of occasions... but it came back, it seemed to work.

So, hopefully, nothing wrong with the TV.

Disconnected everything, connected the faster new Belkin N+ router... and Domain Ping fails, of course.

Now I need to study carefully the screensshots I made as Belkin 54 G had different settings (MAC address, WAN IP,Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS Address...) than those in the new Belkin+ Router...

Thanks again, Giga.

tinto de verano

Thanks
    most likely somewhere a filter setting, or it has to do with the virgin modem? some setup possibilities are lacking in the Belkin N+, so it is hard to change its behavior.
    • does the virgin modem has a router/firewall part to? If so
    • check if anything is set in internet protection or firewall rules for the modem.
    • determine the IP range of virgin modem and subnet.

10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
    172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
    192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
    if so change IP address for the belkin N+ router to be in the same range!
    lets say virgin modem address 172.19.3.1
    you would change belkin N+ router to have the ip address at the other end 172.19.3.254
    use static IP's for all other equipment connected on belkin N+ router in the range between 172.19.3.2 and 172.19.3.253
    subnet in home network should be all the same to avoid problems: we have several network segments. Use subnet mask used by virgin modem uses:
    255.0.0.0, 255.255.0.0, 255.255.255.0

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hello again.
    First of all: Thanks, Giga!
    I finally found the time/courage to test again. Everything in the network was working, except for the TV connecting to the Internet (Domain Ping error), so I was a bit reluctant to try... and mess everything else up.
    I'll do it tomorrow... at the weekend... tomorrow... almost a month later... I tried something: I

reset the router to factory settings
    updated the firmware to 1.01.24
    unplugged modem, unplugged router, waited 10 minutes
    plugged modem, waited 1 minute
    plugged router, waited one minute
    was supposed to insert the Belkinc CD with the setup ******... BUT I DID NOT!

I noticed the router had obtained settings (WAN IP, Default Gateway, DNS Address...), and that the ethernet cabled PC could connect to the Internet.
    I setup the wireless network, secured it and...
    2 ethernet cable PCs connected to the internet fine. 2 laptops and 1 netbook connected wirelessly to the Internet fine... the Samsung TV wirelessly passed the Domain Ping test! And wirelessly connected to the Internet fine. So did the BluRay player (wirelessly).

So, problem solved!!!!

There might be an issue or two, though:

If I connect to the Belkin Router through IE, and go into Wireless I notice something different:
    Extension Channel is Auto like before, but it's greyed out and unchangeable/unavailable, I guess.
    Bandwith is 20MHz instead of the previous 20/40MHz.

So far, in spite of these 2 issues,the network seems to work as well/as fast as before, and the Samsung TV can finally connect wirelessly to the Internet... so I doubt I will be changing anything in the next few days...

I hope this might be useful for any other people (apparently a lot) having Domain Ping issues with their Samsung TVs.

And again, thanks Giga for all your suggestions and support.

tinto de verano

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Just a quick update: after a few virgin problems in the area, and no internet... when they finally sorted it... the Domain Ping error was there again on my Samsung TV... no connection to Internet!

I unplugged modem, router... nothing.

Then I noticed that:

Extension Channel was Auto like before, but it was not greyed out and I was able to change or select a channel of my liking.

Bandwith was 20/40MHz (and 20 MHz was selectable).

I tried opening ports... changing channel... unplugging USB wireless adapter... nothing: Doamin Ping failed.

Then I decided to change the setting in Bandwith from 20/40MHz to 20 MHz:

Domain Ping Suceesss!

Connection to Internet availleable again, InternetTV, YouTube... working again!

So the Bandwith setting must be responsible for the Domain Ping error (apart from some issues in the TV firmware, I am sure).

tinto de verano

Thanks
    What it comes to: both Wifi Router and Wifi dongle/cards need to be set to work with the same Wifi Standard, so if your equipment is capable of working with one of these in this order of preference (high to low data rate):
    • 802.11n 40 Mhz
    • 802.11n 20 Mhz
    • 802.11g
    • 802.11a
    • 802.11b

802.11a: 5 GHz band with a maximum raw data rate of 54 Mbit/s, which yields realistic net achievable throughput in the mid-20 Mbit/s. The data rate is reduced to 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 then 6 Mbit/s
    802.11b: 2.4 GHz band with maximum raw data rate of 11 Mbit/s, which yields realistic net achievable throughput is about 5.9 Mbit/s
    802.11g: 2.4 GHz band a maximum raw data rate of 54 Mbit/s, or about 19 Mbit/s
    802.11n 2.4/5 GHz band (20/40 Mhz) raw data rate of 65/135 Mbit/s

to compare these standards:
    Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11n#Comparison
    reference and more details:
    Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11a
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11b
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11g
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11n
    Last edited by Giga; 18-07-2010 at 10:45 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Giga,

Onec again, thank you very much indeed for the info and support.

tinto de verani

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12