Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has everybody give up on this box???

Thanks
    nobody is talking about the hardware, maybe good maybe less good.
    if opensat cant get a proper software, then give up, and let us have the open source.
    they are wasting time and customers, and the word is spreading around the globe.

Thanks
    Mate, I had one from the beginning and I sold it, in my opinion you can't polish a turd and its a turd.

Don't waste your hard earned cash by giving it to OpenShat because in return you will get a crap box that has 0% support.

Azbox is dead and the only people that disagree are the people that still own one.

Yoda

Thanks
    same problem on the newest firm. the problem is that azbox can't handle 8 sats and IPTV.

Thanks

happy and hoping

well happy with my box, always lots going on -12 months now for me...mkv's working-better than a ps3..like popcorn hour. also trex/dragon cams work, mgcamd works...and i think if and when i learn to cs it seems if i get a 2nd box like a premium plus that i can share my share to myself?...anyhow,sounds like a plan!:respect-039:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by naveh View Post
    same problem on the newest firm. the problem is that azbox can't handle 8 sats and IPTV.
    Overhere

28,2east-23,5east-19,2east-16east-13east-9east-7east-4,8east-0,8west-5west. Using a SAB 10/1switch and that 70 IPTV file.

I have no Problem So 8 sats and IPTV shouldn't be a problem

Thanks
    yeap your right.
    I upload the ****ware again, entered only the IPTV, and the same problem, without any satellites.
    When I enter the menu it says "Please wait...", and stays like that forever, need to reboot twice to get in.
    I read alot of these errors on 4 more forums, and in Opensat main forum.
    the main problem is that you don't get resonable answer, like in other boxes forum, when one askes a question, he gets an answer what to do.
    here with azbox the only answer we get is "for me works ok".
    and most of all, I already said it, its a shame for opensat that they do not help in their own forum, and lets users say "for me works" or "same problem for me".
    I hope that things will change before I post on Utube, me breaking the box to pieces.
    Last edited by naveh; 07-05-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks
    running 13 sat on motor astra on disec switch iptv and cable tuner, gives me 3 oclock footy in hd couldnt ask for any more i up graded from a dm7000 to get hd opinion dm7000 had bugs azbox has bugs but as it stands motor side and switching is solid more than i can say for dm , software that the box is "stuck with " i like and bonus the wife can use it

Verified Registered User funtime26's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zzoott View Post
    gives me 3 oclock footy in hd couldnt ask for any more
    Where do you get that then?

with card, c/s or just use camd?

Thanks
    AZBox is dead or as near as an inanimate object can be.
    It was never any good for Joe satellite user.
    Wished I had never bought one.

I am very hesitant about pouring any more money into damp squid receivers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissat View Post
    I like my box as it does exactly what I need it to.

Media player and sat box in one.

There are issues with the box but these don't affect me so I've been happy with my purchase.
    ^^^ What he said. Been using mine for 3 months now. It's an mostof the day and evening and not 1 freeze.
    Well happy with mine.

Psi

Thanks
    ...aaand don't forget a pleasure watching HD feeds in 4:2:2 of 2010 Fifa World Cup by AZbox HD

Thanks
    Yes what a pleasure even if you cannot record anything on this brilliant buggy receiver

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    Yes what a pleasure even if you cannot record anything on this brilliant buggy receiver
    why cant u record?

Thanks
    I remain happy with my box.

It's solid, no freezes and haven't had to reboot it.

Been watching the world cup in HD and it's been great.

Have loads of films/series on the box and they work great.

If nothing on tv a quick press on the remote and I can choose a movie.

It does what I bought it to do.

Internet is rubbish and the transfer from pc to azbox is slow which is disappointing.

I have contemplated getting rid of my box, but I'd miss it and there isn't another box that will do the media/satellite in one??

I remain disappointed in the firmware, but at the most important thing is that for me the box is stable.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    why cant u record?
    Because he sold his Azbox a few months ago, although recording worked OK then

Thanks
    Hi all, I have had my AzBox Premium for over a year now and I am still very happy with it, I added a DVB-T tuner to it and that works very well for me.

The main reason I bought this box was, I had been waiting for more than Two Years for Dream Multimedia (DMM) to bring out the DM8000 and when it came out I could not believe the price!!.

I have been using my DM7000s for many years and had to wait for third party developers to write stable firmware that worked with a smartcard and softcams, the original DMM firmware could only receive FTA channels.

Some people are trying to get Enigma2 working on the AzBox and apart from the challenge it serves no useful purpose as the frontend on the AzBox is ok.

We have had more communication with OpenSat then I ever had with DMM, more firmware updates also it works with the card reader and softcams. I think the reason that there are more posts about problems are 2 fold, 1. like myself I am happy with the box so have very little to say and 2. They just can't understand how to program the box.

I'm sorry to the users like myself who are happy with the box for the above rant, but I felt it was about time I said something, as for the others go and buy something else and hope you can get support. (don't expect DMM to be so helpful).

Regards to all, Welshman..
    Last edited by Welshman; 25-06-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    Hi all, I have had my AzBox Premium for over a year now and I am still very happy with it, I added a DVB-T tuner to it and that works very well for me.

The main reason I bought this box was, I had been waiting for more than Two Years for Dream Multimedia (DMM) to bring out the DM8000 and when it came out I could not believe the price!!.

I have been using my DM7000s for many years and had to wait for third party developers to write stable firmware that worked with a smartcard and softcams, the original DMM firmware could only receive FTA channels.

Some people are trying to get Enigma2 working on the AzBox and apart from the challenge it serves no useful purpose as the frontend on the AzBox is ok.

We have had more communication with OpenSat then I ever had with DMM, more firmware updates also it works with the card reader and softcams. I think the reason that there are more posts about problems are 2 fold, 1. like myself I am happy with the box so have very little to say and 2. They just can't understand how to program the box.

I'm sorry to the users like myself who are happy with the box for the above rant, but I felt it was about time I said something, as for the others go and buy something else and hope you can get support. (don't expect DMM to be so helpful).

Regards to all, Welshman..
    I will second that:respect-040:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp95 View Post
    Because he sold his Azbox a few months ago, although recording worked OK then
    You are really funny m8. Did I say anywhere that I need a lawyer? I don't think so
    but I must say that's it's funny to have free services from a lawyer
    who told you that I was ever able to record from azbug? I didn't
    but lucky me now I am able to record everything I need without banging my head on the wall. Don't have nothing more to say. It's a waste of time
    just an advice m8. Enjoy your azbug and don't spend your time to be my lawyer

Thanks
    Mushroom what's your problem?You hate azbox so much.You don't have azbox anymore, so why you always come in azbox section and comment.

Thanks
    Hey what's going on ,I have been quoted by someone and I have the right to defend myself.
    Also I don't see that this threat is open only to azbox lovers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast