Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enigma 2 - IceCrypt s4000 \ Octagon SF1018 video

Thanks

Enigma 2 - IceCrypt s4000 \ Octagon SF1018 video

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zrKDgUoG7A

does this mean, enigma2 will be relased on the icecrypt?

Pimp Donator and V.I.P joshjess's Avatar
    Thanks
    Its being tested and will be released if successful

Thanks
    ANY NEWS on this mate?

Thanks
    The preview I has seen works only on boxes flashed with the Octogon loader so I'm not sure yet that it will be workable with the Icecrypt as is.....we will see

Thanks
    Have just last night installed aaf multiboot instead of loader 1.21 .Now searching for channels in HDFreaks V3 image running from usb .Looks good upto now .Was happy with layout of the s4000 firmware - just multibooting to see if I can get rid of constant freezing of cccam .

Thanks
    where is the best place to download aaf multiboot? I am having big problems getting CCcam working on this box, all my others work fine so I'm willing to try anything.

Thanks
    google aaf-board and after registering the database will show the aaf recovery suite (to install multiboot loader) and the actual multiboot 0.3 program .After ftp'ing to the box I have found its the same cccam version as posted on here (probably because its processor specific ) so theres no improvement :-(
    Cheers
    John

Thanks
    thanks John.

Thanks
    trying mgcamd as a client

Thanks
    Please let us know what you think. I have after reflashing with Octagan software got 2.13 and 2.14 CCcam, Octocam working but as you say it's flaky.

Still, Im impressed with the software fro AAF.

Thanks
    Have preferred the HDFreaks for atevio7000 upto now .Didnt manage to get mgcamd working in icecrypt verion but it worked well for about 15 minutes in HDF then froze whole box.Trying out Neutrino now but cant work out how to get plugins installed :-(

Thanks
    this is annoying, why does there seem to be so much support for the Octagon 1018 (which apparently is identical to an Icecrypt S4000 with a different loader) but hardly anything for the Icecrypt...

there is also this just released for the Octagon...

_http://octagon.gmc.to/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=88 19

Thanks
    aaf f1 image for atevio 7000 very good .Doesnt seem to matter which box you have as you need a modified loader in to to run e2 anyway .Im tempted to put the fi image in flash and do away with the usb stick but have bottled it upto now :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgdin View Post
    aaf f1 image for atevio 7000 very good .Doesnt seem to matter which box you have as you need a modified loader in to to run e2 anyway .Im tempted to put the fi image in flash and do away with the usb stick but have bottled it upto now :-)
    Can you explain what you mean mate?

What stb do you own!? is the Atevio 7000 same hardware as Icecrypt and Octagan 1018 ?

?

Will there be an "official" Icecrypt S4000 E2 image do you think? I dont care that much as im happy with the STB, but just wondered more than anything.

I dont even know what E2 does\gives...LOL!

Thanks
    Atevio is the same as Icecrypt .Once you have flashed the multiboot loader in place of the icecrypt one as far as enigma2 is concerned it doesnt matter whether you have icecrypt,octagon whatever .I flashed with aaf multiboot loader by changing the receiver id to atevio and then after flashing changed it back to icecrypt so that I could still install official icecrypt updates and run enigma from usb.Enigma 2 is the os behind dm800,8000 etc and many other receivers so to get a twin tuner receiver c/w hard drive running enigma 2 for under £300 makes it a bit of a bargain in my eyes :-) Mgcamd runs mighty fine as well (if you have good internet connection - the icecrypt seems very sensitive to poor ping rates)

Thanks
    Yeah, ive just looked up the Atevio 7000 looks very similar to the Icecrypt although not as similar as the Icecrypt looks to the Octagon.

The E2 menu's all appear to be in German, are there English menu's?

Also, do the plugins work with the E2 software, as they do with the official f/w?

How do you flash the loader, and where do you get the files to change from and back to?

Cheers!

Manik

Thanks
    aaf-forum.com

Thanks
    Its not for the faint hearted though .I was sweating with the fear of telling the wife I had just turned the new receiver into a brick :-)

Thanks
    Sorry missed the rest of your mesage .Yes you can change the menus to english .Similar plugins to what is available on the icecrypt firmware are downloaded through the box itself

Thanks
    hi mate, thanks for answering all my questions.

what are the main benefits for changing the f/w to E2? how are scheduling recordings affected, and USALs\DiseQ ?

also, one thing i havent worked out yet, can this box record 2 HD channels at the same time...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast