Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spiderbox freez

Thanks
    I am extremely happy with my 9000 HD.

I decided to take a risk and pre-order the box prior to release - my decision.

I knew that there would be teething troubles (as with any newly released receiver) as firmware was being tweaked and improved, but was happy to be carried along up the learning curve - my decision.

When buying any product, I research it the best I can and then make my decision.

Anyone who has bought one of these boxes and is not happy, probably didn't do sufficient reading. My best advice to them, would be in future to visit there local high street retailer - ask for their expert advice, and they will find themselves reassuringly leaving the shop with a Sly box.

Thanks
    this box is definitely NOT crap.Yes, there are some freezing problems,but we have to give the developers time to sort them.When new channels came out the freezing was very bad,but within 24hours it was sorted out and now is not a problem.My opinion. Great box at a great price and so far great support.

gray

Thanks
    thread tidied up

I suggest those involved in the slagging had better stop it right now !!

freezing due to server issues is nothing to do with the actual box , more to do with either firmware , broadband connections and/or server issues , and strictly speaking should not be discussed in public

what you do with the box is your concern once purchased , and as darkman said you should not really be discussing server issues on this forum , and probably not on any other forum either ( but that is down to their rules )

its also in the rules about not slagging off other forums or suppliers , so that better stop too

the fact is that if you want spiderbox help you should go to the correct forum where it is widely discussed , not be bringing those issues over here instead

and as with any box there may be patch issues , or other issues that get worked on and improved through feedback on the source forum

so take stock of what you have bought , who may or may not be responsible for any or all of your purchase , and dont just slag it off if it doesnt do what you want first go , it may be a while before any issues are fixed , but that is not our concern no matter if its a dreambox , azbox , spiderbox , icecrypt , technomate or whatever

get real peeps , you are watching something for nothing , and "freezing" is a part of this cs culture that is worked on every day no matter what the box as its a common complaint

try it on BBC1 or BBC-HD , does it work ?

if yes you have little to complain about , and even less to complain about on satpimps as its not our problem

SO ANY MORE OF THIS BAD BAHAVIOUR WILL RESULT IN THIS WHOLE THREAD DISAPPEARING

thank you

Thanks
    Thank you .I may be partly responsible for wich I sincerely appoligise.I too found some of this OTT.I am finished with this tread.TMULL

Thanks
    This box and associated gift is getting better by the day.

Most of the timess, issues are related to the bad quality of servers people use on them and so it causes freezes.

Have one of each and from last patch onwards it has been rock solid

Thanks
    With Echelons permission I would like to post the following. A long lead from router to box cured all my problems.An IT engineer finished running tests this morning.He concluded that it was either the homeplugs or the house wiring. He ran a long electrial lead from the double socket in which homeplug No1 was pluged in to the sat box at the other end of the house and pluged in homeplug No.2. Powered up the box and all working ok .Problem down to house wiring proberly because each end of house on different circuits.I am off this afternoon to purchace a long network cable. Thanks to everyone for their input and sorry for any hassle I caused.TMULL

Thanks
    sounds feasible

I ran in cat5 cable myself and added cat5 sockets , and powered hubs as well as the powered router ( not got a spiderbox but same principle )

the cs freezing is commonly down to networking and server issues , so as I said its too easy to blame the box , the supplier , or the patch maker

until you eliminate all possibilities like this , its wise to keep mouth tightly closed

and fingers off keyboards too

a long cat 5 ethernet cable can be purchased very cheaply on e bay , so there really is no excuse for all these faff type workarounds

you cannot beat a wired lan circuit---- period !

Thanks

Icon14 Cables

I have moved my router to directly behind my Spiderbox and use a 1mtr lead to connect it to the router.
    I ran a 15mtr telephone extension to the router as these are available in any high street store very cheaply, also the telephone extension cable is oval in shape and a lot thinner than a Ethernet cable making it easier to hide.
    I have no problems with this setup.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have a friend who has a spiderbox & he uses my server to connect to channels.

I run 2.1.3 & his box is always freezing when trying to watch 28 east.

We are constantly being told to go back to an older version like 2.0.9 .

This is all well & good, however , the White 963 card will only work in 2.1.3 & above, so how does the spider get around this problem.

I think the spider needs some updates / patches to be able to work with an
    NDS server using 2.1.3 or above.

Any thoughts ?

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12