Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New KGD 0.4348‏

Thanks
    Be the first person to hundreds of users, other than the firmware does not affect anything in the hardware of your receiver.

Try to download this firmware, and pluck off the receiver with a USB stick inserted.

Opensat Firmware 0.9.2880

Download
    Last edited by fundidun; 26-03-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    How can the USB be recognised if the bootloader (Flash) is gone ?
    So the early opensat FW didn't needed a bootloader to start loading from a pendrive ??

Anyway - the box is with the service now. We will see if they accept guarantee once they discover KGD inside ...

Thanks
    Are you sure that you can not boot from the usb receiver?

You would be the first person in every country, your hardware and factory was wrong.

THE KGD is a plugin and does not change anything OPENSAT software, like any other plugin

I do not know your technical level, but if it's low, I recommend you read manuals before making any major change in your receiver

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geezerpl View Post
    How can the USB be recognised if the bootloader (Flash) is gone ?
    So the early opensat FW didn't needed a bootloader to start loading from a pendrive ??

Anyway - the box is with the service now. We will see if they accept guarantee once they discover KGD inside ...
    The bootloader hasn't gone. If it was you would see anything on the front display or on acreen. Not even the "BOOTING" display.

The way the AZBOX is arranged is like your computer.
    You have a bios to start the mainboard and the I/O's etc and a hard drive for the operating system. In the AZBOX it's much the same thus:
    The bootloader (Bios) is in a seperate 8MB flash chip soldered on to the mainboard.
    The operating system is held in the DOM in the 40 pin IDE slot.
    This way you do not touch the bootloader whilst doing upgrades or changing the O/S firmware and if it all goes wrong you can reformat and start again like you can with a PC without any damage done aside from having to relaod all your plugins and channels etc.

Psi

Thanks
    When you are planing to release new version?
    Opensat fixed an important thing. Recording from IPTV.
    I was trying that with latest KGD, but I can't.

And how can I inform Opensat to fix subtitles? Any idea?

Thanks anyone who is dealing with this! :hurray:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisk View Post
    When you are planing to release new version?
    Opensat fixed an important thing. Recording from IPTV.
    I was trying that with latest KGD, but I can't.

And how can I inform Opensat to fix subtitles? Any idea?

Thanks anyone who is dealing with this! :hurray:

Very shortly, with some improvements but, be aware

I recall that have been published, the tool to translate easily Panelkgd

Code:
    Do***ent made by Macmanolo

(To whom I give infinite thanks)

Well, here I attach a small manual in order to carry out the translation of the Panel KGD to other languages easier. Nevertheless, first there is a brief explanation of, How it works

1. The Menus: these are self explanatory, we have Files and Languages, and the typical stuff is in the Files (Open, Save and Finish), which corresponds to the buttons on the right side for, Open Translation, Save Translation and Finish.  

The second Menu is for changing the language. In this version only Spanish, English and French are available. For the rest of the languages, one can always take any of them and pass it to another language (I did it with German, swapping it with French one).

2. The Windows: There are three windows, the original messages are shown in the green ones and in the orange ones we put the translation. 

On the right of the windows is a number (in the Spanish one can see the characters that are available for the text to be translated). If we go over the top, the text goes red and the text will have to be shortened o a shorter synonym will have to be found (If we fall short, the program will stuff with spaces when we come to patch).  

We can find a particular string, placing it in the right hand windows, or we skip to a determined string, marking its number in the window on the left (always when we clearly know this).  

3. The Buttons:
    The Arrows are for moving around for the different strings to be translated.  
      Copy, is for copying the texts in the upper windows to the lower ones. 
    Search String, is to look for a determined string of text.  
    Open Translation, we open a previously saved translation with this button. 
    Save Translation, with this button, we save the text in order to edit or finish later on.  
    Checking, this button is for checking to see if all the strings are correct, on the contrary, the mistake made would show up. 
    Patch, with this button, the PanelKGD.bin file is generated which has to be renamed as PanelKGD before uploading it to the AZboxHD, and afterwards giving the attribute 755 in order for it to work. 
    Finish, this button is to close the program.

4. The files:
    There is a PanelKGD which is the original one and serves as a basis to generate the translated one. Due to this, the bin has to be added to the new one in order to differentiate it from the original one. Nevertheless, to upload it to the AZbox the .bin has to be removed. 
    .ini, these files contain the translations for the program itself, for the menus as well as for the buttons.  .
    .dat, these files are the translations (they are really .txt files) 
      Of  these, the StringsPanel.dat, is the one that contains the original strings of the PanelKGD and it is the one the program picks by defect to carry out the translation.
    There is also a  StringsPanel.dat that for now is in French, but can be substituted for the English one, once the translation has been finished.  

And if it still isn’t clear……. 

Once the translation is done and checked for errors, press the Patch button and then it is when the Pane
    Download Tool

Thanks
    Some good reading here ! and no flaming ! Great.

Keep up the good work. Impressed !

Thanks
    Fundidun, thank you for info for new FW. About translating, I will translate this shortly, it is harder to translate a settings for azbox than panelkgd,
    Lately I have big problems with wy Azbox, it freeze all the time. It works 3 maybe 4 hours and than frezze. Is there any info about frezzing azbox?

Thanks
    latest firmwares don't freeze..at least i don't have freezes anymore with 4717.
    new KGD is based on that one, should be really good.

Thanks
    I have uploaded regular firmware from satpimps and that frezze too. That happends lately, before it was working ok. Do you have any advice what may be wrong.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisk View Post
    Do you have any advice what may be wrong.

PEBCAK in OpenSAT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tx0 View Post
    PEBCAK in OpenSAT
    I did that I have write before wrong. I mena Opensat not satpimps.
    Bust still freeze all the time

Thanks
    Is it just me or is the PanelKGD not working correctly? just tried to install an addon.
    Could someone check Looked around other sites but can't find anyone else with problem.

Thanks

Thanks
    In latest FW they repair subtitles, finaly. I was waiting for this along time.
    :respect-055:

Thanks
    Will there be any update on the KDG variation in the near future?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barryr View Post
    Will there be any update on the KDG variation in the near future?
    Until the EPG is fixed by opensat it isn't going to happen I think they said before.

The EPG still sucks. :banghead:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789