Thread: Fake virus warning

Thanks

Fake virus warning

I just had an emal from another forum informing me that i had a virus . So i clicked on the link and it was the right site now as i am using a Macbook this set alarm bells ringing . It even did an online scan telling me i had over 600 trojans on my windows machine , and would i like to download their removal software i declined the offer.

Dear, forum member!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

___http://www.total-scan.com/detected/sightworthy

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thanks
    looks like a kind of blackmail to me:
    I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider
    Seems like a case for the police fraud squad or the internet police or Watchdog (BBC) depends what your options are.

Thanks
    Beware, I had this about six months ago. I foolishly fllowed the instructions and eventually had my harddrive wiped clean. I lost everything and it was this e-mail that was the viris. Dont open anything on it. Delete it straight away. TMULL

Thanks
    Windows virus does not work on Mac-OS

Thanks
    I have just been doing a Google search and it seems lots of forum member on other sites are getting these private messages that look official and even direct you to the forum to read the message.

Thanks
    pure scam: they had it running with welshgold. They making gold making you pay when you visit and use there services.
    Fraud Warning
    Code:
    http://www.total-scan.net/detected/welshgold
    The page you are trying to open has been reported as fraudulent. It will likely attempt to trick you into sharing personal or financial information. Opera Software strongly discourages visiting this page.

Thanks
    sightworthy

Strange got the same thing Earlier Logining onto this site !!![ Kaspersky 2010]Came straight In , Terminated it straight Away [ Then rebooted my computer ] The Fooker was trying to download something onto my computer ? Happened that fast , did not get a chance to see what it was!!!!!

Beware Everyone

Banned
    Thanks
    My Kaspersky has just removed a trojan from windows /sisusb** .exe

Thanks
    Just done a Full Scan with [ Kaspersky 2010 ] Took 2 Hours ?? All Clean