Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vu+ duo picture quality

Thanks
    Hi
    Been looking to buy one of these when I can get my hands on one reviews are saying the best thing sinse slice bead every ones out of stock etc.What are we saying re picture quaity they are poor !! .I have a dreambox 7000 and was going to change to be able to view HD should I keep with what i got dont want to go backwards with picture quality Yes I know 7000 doesnt do HD but will the picture be bad with VU.
    Thanks in advance
    Regards malcolm

Thanks
    I have db,s here (800/7020/7000) and also the VU+

its true that piccy quality on some other units is better, not enough to get depressed, HD on both the 800/vu+ is very good, both surport all softcams

kathy, and a few other HD recievers do offer sharper piccys, (been reading loads of comments on PQ ) and at the end of the day, inconlusive results

dependant on your intended use, ie hobby,ist, or watch tv (user) the VU+ or 800 would be ok as a user

other wise, hobby,ist units....there are loads of them to choose from

baz

Thanks
    Seriously, the picture quality on the VU+ Duo is worse than my Comag SL 100 HD (which BTW costs only 100 EUR). So that already says a lot for a receiver which costs more than four times a honest to goodness box.

Thanks
    In my little opinion the best PQ i saw in SD , HD is in Octagon 1018hd

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Octagon is like IPBOX, same excellent PQ.

Why don't you show comparison photos of PQ, i don't have any Vu+ but won't buy any if the picture is blurry, i don't buy a box just because it's cool with Enigma2 and plugins which i never use anyway.

I went and looked at a Reelbox Avantgarde yesterday someone sold and the picture quality was the best i've ever seen from a satbox.
    Last edited by Likvid; 02-04-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks
    New drivers are out for the Vu which bring large improvements to SD quality.

Thanks
    My Vu + Duo arrived yesterday, I have put it in place of my 7020 and have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the SD picture quality having read a few reports about it.

I am using Dream Elite image.

Over the next few days when I have more time I can make some more comparisons.

Thanks
    Using my LG LCD TV, the HD picture quality on my Azbox HD is very poor compared to FortecStar Innovation HD, but SD on the Azbox is better than my DM7000

have to say i have tried my azbox and dm8000 on 42" lg and found no big difference on video output in hd or sd. we did at first have a poor pic, but that was down to hdmi input selecter box.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
    My Vu + Duo arrived yesterday, I have put it in place of my 7020 and have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the SD picture quality having read a few reports about it.

Lucky man, I'm still waiting for mine after several weeks. Hopefully a batch is due in next week and I may have mine for next weekend.

If the pic is as good as my DM800 (which isn't great compared to some) then I'll be happy, the Vu will only get better and the recent new video drivers are a good sign.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyturnip View Post
    Lucky man, I'm still waiting for mine after several weeks. Hopefully a batch is due in next week and I may have mine for next weekend.

If the pic is as good as my DM800 (which isn't great compared to some) then I'll be happy, the Vu will only get better and the recent new video drivers are a good sign.
    i dont think you have to worry there i have allready herd from a friend that picture quality is better than a dm800 he has both.
    it will be intresting to see how it pairs up to a dm8000

Thanks
    nothing beat DGS picture quality ,especially when using their official "limited & not advanced ," firmware .

V.I.P
    Thanks
    DGS is old school quality, but their software is the worst on the planet.

Thanks
    When using my IP9000 box makes me think of the good old days with the nokia dvb 9800 which was slow and awfull software

Thanks
    dm800 hd pq marks out of 10 = 6
    azbox hd pq = 7
    humax hd 2000 pq = 8
    dreambox 8000 hd pq = 8
    darkbox hd pq = 6
    tm7100 = 3

another member here had it spot on befor saying that hd boxes with original firmware
    tend to have better pq apart from the tm 7100
    well if diablo could sought there glitches out with cccam i would probably never have bought a dm8000 and stuck to my humax 2000 i still have it stored away
    and waiting on the the diablo wirless 2 cam
    Last edited by heathercar; 11-04-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks

how did you get one so quick? :congratulations-008 they wont be avaliable anywhere until the 15/04/10 so i'm told.

i'm waiting for one of these from the sponsers, regarding the PQ which is of great importance to me, i just wonder about those that complain about it how and what do they use, ie monitor/tv cables ect.

i'll be using my Pioneer LX5090 PDP with decent inter connects via HDMI not the crap that comes with the device.

just wondering what others are using?

regards: canthackit

Thanks
    I guess I am just lucky

As for cables I am using the free HDMI cable until I get around to getting a decent cable.

Tested on both lcd and plasma and I have to say it works very well.

I am now finding I am collecting very expensive scart cables which are just gathering dust. :ack2:

Thanks
    There have been quite a few high profile cases recently, one of which even made UK radio one news about HDMI cables and "quality"

There is in fact no difference between the £50 richer sounds HDMI cable and a £5 Wilkos own.

This is not an opinion this is a fact proven. I to am looking forward to getting my VU+

Thanks
    I have heard the same chavo and to some extent I think even cheap HDMI cables do a half decent job unlike cheap scart cables.

Unless you actually test for yourself you will be a disbeliever.

I gave my 70 year old grand parents one of my QED scart cables and they noticed the difference straight away.

I also noticed quite a difference when I used a QED HMDI on my ps3.

That said not everyone will see an improvement and not everyone cares, and some would get a better picture just by spending an hour or so setting up their tv correctly.

It's a debate that we have had before and no doubt will have again.

Thanks
    i'm with you on that sonic.
    what about the display's do or anyone for that matter agree/disagree that they can/do make an enourmous difference to the PQ.

so what i'm asking here is are the ppl on here are using to view SD & HD 'cos if a half decent display struggles to improve the output i will be seriously consider cancelling my order, and look for another make of box.

regards: canthackit

Thanks
    With reference to HDMI from a previous thread.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...hlight=dave3dg

I have heard the same chavo and to some extent I think even cheap HDMI cables do a half decent job unlike cheap scart cables.

Unless you actually test for yourself you will be a disbeliever.

I gave my 70 year old grand parents one of my QED scart cables and they noticed the difference straight away.

I also noticed quite a difference when I used a QED HMDI on my ps3.

That said not everyone will see an improvement and not everyone cares, and some would get a better picture just by spending an hour or so setting up their tv correctly.

It's a debate that we have had before and no doubt will have again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast