Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no terrestrial scan on 6900 super

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    T2 is an addition , not a replacement
    Indeed, that's how I understand it. Current / old DVB-T receivers will not be able to also receive DVB-T2. That includes TVs with built in receivers.

I've realised I probably shouldn't have posted that external link, due to rules forums like these tend to have for some reason or other, so have edited that post.
    Last edited by mynameisEarl; 09-02-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    Clark Tech Editor Studio is now able to insert terrestrial channels, this was not possible with previous versions (or I did not find it)
    When inserting a transponder under Transmission you can now select:
    • DVB-S
    • DVB-S2 8psk
    • DVB-S2 qpsk
    • Terrestrial

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    Well dont know why he cannot scan in terrestrial channels - I get 49 on my TM6900HD Super! :bravo-009:
    i know this is late, but, i keep losing channels, got sound , but no picture happens quite a lot, and, wonder why we can only get 50odd channels, when there are over 80, is it yet another heapy tm, trait,.

Thanks

Question Good point

Quote Originally Posted by drahcirk View Post
    i know this is late, but, i keep losing channels, got sound , but no picture happens quite a lot, and, wonder why we can only get 50odd channels, when there are over 80, is it yet another heapy tm, trait,.
    Yes that IS a good point mate, I've always wondered why I cant scan in (on full autoscan) more than 49 channels?

Thanks
    When I first got my 6900 super my dealer plugged the aerial into the analogue aerial socket. We couldn't get any channels either

After a while I had a quick glance at the manual and realized the mistake...then all the freeview channels scanned perfectly

Thanks
    which was what?????????????

Thanks
    two coax inputs: Middle is used for RF distribution in the house: cable distribution in, to other TV ('s): cable distribution + RF signal from TM
    DVB-T sits next to the Sat F-connectors (Right side when looking at front side)
    Technomate manual page 10
    01) DVB-T in
    02) DVB-T out (to DVB-T tuner flatscreen or other box)
    15) analogue output (what you put on input + what your viewing on TM)
    16) analogue input (aerial or cable distribution)

when using output from 15) don't forget to set in the menu:
    A/V Output Setting
    RF Type: as used in your Locality (B/G = Europe, I = UK & Ireland, D/K most of Central/Eastern Europe)
    RF Channel: pick an unused RF channel, on the TV sets and recorders you would find here the signal made by your Technomate

for the issue with changing channels
    use the channel editor and use an unused channel and change that frequency to the one used in your area.
    You could then scan during daytime on the 1st frequency and in the evening on the 2nd frequency or use whatever system best fits your situation. Not perfect but it should work. Terrestrial frequencies are sitting at the end of the transponder list and are marked [T]
    Last edited by Giga; 13-02-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks

Question Set up

So are we saying that we can actually get more than 49 channels by using a different RF outlet? Confused!

Thanks
    You guys missing or losing terrestrial digital channels are presumably falling foul of the problem I mentioned earlier and in the past. Lots of the channels are time shared and running an auto or single frequency scan will simply wipe out those channels not on air at the time of the scan.

There is obviously something wrong with how the TM detects terrestrial digital channels. Certainly in the UK.

Giga's post above has made me wonder about manually adding all the active frequencies twice (there are only about 5 in my region) and then trying to scan and use 2 versions of the same frequency. (taking care and note of when I am scanning which version as opposed to the other) I assume that's what Giga meant anyway. I might try it and see if the TM will allow 2 versions of the same terrestrial frequency. Might be able to cheat it anyway by entering a slightly wrong frequency.
    Last edited by mynameisEarl; 13-02-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drahcirk View Post
    i know this is late, but, i keep losing channels, got sound , but no picture happens quite a lot
    I get a message something like 'no picture or audio' quite a lot but not specifically on terrestrial channels. I know the channels are active because I can successfully view and hear them after trying one or more other channels and then returning to the original one. And/or by putting the unit into standby then back on again.
    I also get something like 'poor or no signal' for a few seconds whenever I tune to a Hotbird channel from another satellite.

I've had this for a while and is pretty annoying, but am not sure if the firmwares are to blame or my diseqc switch's relationship with the TM.

Testing with a Vantage receiver recently showed no such problems.
    Last edited by mynameisEarl; 13-02-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisEarl View Post

There is obviously something wrong with how the TM detects terrestrial digital channels. Certainly in the UK.
    Strange, because mine scans perfectly. :respect-055:

However I currently have mine sent back to the dealer because of a channel flicking problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisEarl View Post
    manually adding all the active frequencies twice (there are only about 5 in my region) and then trying to scan and use 2 versions of the same frequency. (taking care and note of when I am scanning which version as opposed to the other)
    I've tried this using the Clark Tech Editor Studio and it seems to work. The TM accepts the duplicate frequencies although they don't get a 'CH' number in the list of frequencies. They all get called 'CH' and are apparently not manually renameable in the TM or Clark Tech Editor Studio.

However bear in mind the time sharing of many frequencies is more complex than a simple day / night split, so you might have to use 3 or 4 versions of the same frequency to get all channels on a specific frequency, being sure to keep track of which versions you need to scan at what time of day. This won't be easy, although not impossible, if all the duplicate frequencies appear in the TM as 'CH'. You need to be really on top of your frequencies, channels, and Freeview broadcast slots. You will also end up with some channels duplicated one or more times, to be deleted.

I would suggest this whole process is too tedious to be worthwhile, unless you're really missing one or more channels that you aren't currently getting.

Freeview channel list including broadcast times, presumably up to date :-

freeview.co.uk/freeview/content/download/1126/5787/file/Channel%20Guide%20November%2009.p df

However, then finding a guide or easy method to map those TV channel names to actual frequencies is proving trickier. You may need to research which channels are on which 'muxes' (multiplexes) then look up the muxes you receive locally, and try to piece it all together.

I think so anyway.

mux list showing which channels are on which mux:-

bbc.co.uk/reception/info/multiplexes.shtml
    Last edited by mynameisEarl; 14-02-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
    Strange, because mine scans perfectly. :respect-055:
    Are you 100% sure you were getting all channels you should, rather than you just didn't notice because they are rubbish channels you weren't interested in? Some are only on air a couple of hours each day and easily missable.
    I wouldn't have thought this issue I experience is only in my unit.

Note:
    I forgot to mention, the one exception to my claim seems to be The Community Channel (0600 - 0900), which generates a certain kind of placeholder that means the TM recognises it all the time.

Thanks
    the main one which is missing for me is eurosport and the channels to let u know how to get them ,

Thanks
    Just a switch or motor to? Is it connected to the ethernet? Happens sometimes here to. Could not yet put my finger on it, where it goes wrong? As you indicate sometimes going up or down a channel helps, sometimes not?

Thanks

Question Confused

I'm totally confused with all this 'terrestrial' discussion - my Freeview 49 channels are fine using RF arial connection and I am NOT losing any, but all I asked was can I get more than 49 as there are far more than that on 'normal' Freeview?
    Also - Eurosport isnt even on Freeview surely, think we may all be going round in circles here?

Thanks
    well, i havent got my old box out lately, esport, was on terrestrial , but, not fta,
    just dug out my old thompson box, and was surprised there are now approx 126 channels, inc esport,discovery,xtraview,red hot tv,setanta sports, and lots of others which, tm wont pick up,
    Last edited by drahcirk; 14-02-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    Eurosport indeed isn't on Freeview. Maybe you mean ESPN which is, and is not free. ie not all the channels on Freeview are actually free.

Simple test to work out if your TM is dropping time shared channels when scanning:

Look and see if you currently have channels in your terrestrial list such as Cbeebies, CITV, CBBC, Yesterday, Create and Craft, Teachers TV, Babestation, Babestation2, SmileTV2, SmileTV3, TMTV. If you have any of those, then run a terrestrial auto scan now (after 1900 GMT and before around midnight) and in my experience they vanish from the channel list.

If you have a TV with built in Freeview, or indeed a Freeview receiver, you could also compare scanning results with those devices.

I've had this problem for a long time, probably ever since I bought the unit over a year ago.
    Last edited by mynameisEarl; 14-02-2010 at 08:53 PM.

HULL [vantage7100ts HD COMBO, protex 9600ip Protex 9700HD ip
    Thanks
    Rang technomate tech dept about Freeview DVB T 2 tuner, the 6900 will only get the transmissions in DVB T only, will get HD in certain parts of europe only.
    They will be a new receiver on sale around Sep/Oct 2010 with a DVB T 2 tuner on board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123