Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Help thread VU+duo and your opinions/REVIEWS !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by selobaba View Post
    Positioner setup works with all images with all =9= of them, best way to install rotor settings is, get the latest rotor settings from vuplusduo forum, than copy and replace the satxml in etc/tuxbox,, after that etc/enigma2 open that file and delete the contents, than copy the rotor settins in to this folder, than switch off the receiver from behind wait for 30 seconds reboot all your channels will be there,

also best rotor setting is with usals, if you have twin lnb ( like I do ) set the first tuner with your correct lat/ long values and the second tuner to as connected second motorised lnb option, this way you can record two channels @ once...

selo :respect-051:
    I need to set it up manually the rotor as I have 2-3 boxes using same rotor now when I load PLI AND VTI its ok but with Gemini if I load it it just crashes the image when I go to positioner set up.
    Normally if I set position numbers 1 hotbird , 2 astra1, 3- eurobird..... its ok
    I have rotor sats from 42E to 30W.
    I will try a fresh install today
    Last edited by A; 26-01-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by supathug View Post
    Thanks Selo - Think I was being dumb. Bob told me there was a hidden power cable for the HDD which is probably why mine isnt working LOL!

OK - Ive flashed the box with the latest VTI image and am connected up with my dual LNB sly minidish to 28.2 and have done a channel scan but can only see a few channels (I know I only get FTA at this point but I thought that all the sly uk channels would come up in the scan but they dont seem to) - do i need some sort of channel bouquet for sly uk?

My second question is - Ive installed CCCam but it doesnt show up in the plugin menu. Is this normal? If so - once I get a C line from someone providing sly uk and add it to my cccam.cfg, will all the sly UK channels show up then after a scan or am i missing something?

Sorry for being such a noob. Ive done loads of reading on this so far but most of it seems to revolve around DM machines. I did think about insalling barry allen to install an image to follow a DM 800 cccam tut but wanted to stay on an image built for my box for stability so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    also from plugins install VTI user script plugin with this you can restart stop ccam
    THIS BOX IS SAME AS DM 800 or any other engima2 when installing firmwares and it works the same way too so what goes for a DM BOX enigma2 GOES FOR THIS EXCEPT few plugins may not work right now like subtitles......
    CCCAM 100 % OK with both card readers. Newcs NOT OK, others I dont use.
    So inshort you can install a DM 800 IMAGE OR DM 8000 IMAGE on this box BUT ONLY ON USB STICK NOT ON FLASH ! IT WORKS.

To install Barry allen:
    1. Put latest VTI image 2.4 or later on flash as that has the updated drivers, and update software.
    2. Insert FAT 32 USB. REBOOT.
    3. From image plugins download Barry allen 5.0.33
    4. Open DCC or whatever FTP client send image you want to install to MB images ATTRIBUTE 755.
    5. FROM barry allen menu as its installed (PLUGIN IN MENU) select extract nfi. from MB images. Maybe name needs to shortened for some images.
    Follow on screen what Mr Barry Allen says.
    6. Again from Barry Allen plugin menu select image for booting
    You are done.:king-041:
    You can read more on Barry allen in the dreambox sections.
    Last edited by A; 26-01-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks
    @selo - Hey Mate...Do you recommend a 90cm Dish? I was looking to get at 80cm Orbital. I should be able to swing that with the missus.

Above you were also saying to amend each LNB individually? would you set one for one position and the other for another position? Im confisued.

Thanks
    Thanks for your help A - ill try that as it should make it easier to follow some tuts that I have seen! Selo - the motorised dish is in the works once I have a few more $ to spend LOL.

As for the lack of channels, I checked the tuner settings and noticed that I was only scanning on one transponder. Which setting would I have to choose to scan all of the channels on 28.2E on all transponders? Also, is there a way to organise all the channels that I have scanned to be ordered in sly uk - i.e. predefined bouquets?

Thanks
    see network scan is on for SKY even 1 transponder and network scan will pull in all the channels or use entire satellite and network scan as ON

Thanks
    Thanks A - I'll do that later and let you know how I get on! Just putting white card in seemed to clear the few channels that I did find so that was good. All I need to do now is to find a better way to organise the channels I do find to something that I'm more used to. Hopefully some more reading will sort me out.

Thanks
    uSE DREAMBOX EDIT 3.0

Thanks
    just to inform you. Omnikey 3121 reader works in vu+ duo. I installed it today and it works great with my card. Too bad that TWO (yes two) readers are useless with newcs.

Thanks
    it will be fixed because if ccam works newcs will be. I also need subtitles to be fixed

Thanks
    subtitles apperantly worked with some early software. Also somebody on PLi forum said that if he is watching TV using VLC, he can see subtitles!
    Can somebody test?

Thanks
    on some channels it works the subtitles via menu and on gemini it works on most channels bug seems to be with VTI and PLI images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkul View Post
    I installed it today and it works great with my card. Too bad that TWO (yes two) readers are useless with newcs.
    Can the owners tell us which cards are working or not? I posted a question in the locked thread if irdeto cards are working, but nobody answered. Also tell us how you got it working (internal reader or external, newcs, cccam, ...)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    on some channels it works the subtitles via menu and on gemini it works on most channels bug seems to be with VTI and PLI images
    are you reffering to DVB subtitles or TXT?
    Which channels have you tested?
    I have VTI image in flash and because of that (probably) i cannot see any subtitles in other images.

About cardreader. Internal cardreaders only work with oscam (svn 680, newest versions dont work lol) and cccam. Newcs doesnt work at all. Today i installed omnikey reader. You can find instructions on google (omnikey + dreambox). Its quite simple. You need to install drivers and change two things in newcs. Also you need to replace newcs file with newcs for omnikey readers.
    Last edited by OldSkul; 26-01-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks
    For what its worth sly white card confirmed working in slot 2

Thanks
    txt if thats what its called for the TV channels.

Thanks
    txt subtitles arent the same thing as dvb subtitles. These are more important...

Thanks
    yes i think so

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimrare View Post
    Can the owners tell us which cards are working or not? I posted a question in the locked thread if irdeto cards are working, but nobody answered. Also tell us how you got it working (internal reader or external, newcs, cccam, ...)
    will check this card tomorrow and let you know
    Irdeto card
    Caid 608 ACS 1542 MCR

Thanks
    For me the most stable till now is PLI image with default skin.
    New improved image daily from here:
    h-tt-p://w-w-w.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo

The PLi® development team. We develop alternative firmware for linux based DVB receivers. We will only be discussing firmware images (software) for the Dream Multi Media(DM) set top boxes . Currently, we support theVu+ Duo set top boxes and the DreamBox series of DVB-S2, DVB-S, DVB-C and DVB-T receivers. We do not support the new DM100 series of set top boxes (as they are not linux based)

Please understand that;
    our PLi® software is tested on and only made for the original Vu+ Duo and DM boxes, and it is important you understand this fact. Other (alternative) boxes may have some incompatibilities, but we can't design for that. Although at the moment there are no plans to support other brands of receivers, this might change in the future.

Thanks
    'A' - You reckon a 80cm dish will be ok?

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast