Thread: backing up before flashing info please

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts

backing up before flashing info please

hi

before I try this new flash image https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...748#post692748 for the dm800 I want to backup what I have already , just in case , and especially as the new flash is supposed to wipe my usb stick

I am running oozoon in the flash and have several images on the usb stick , including the one I use which is blackhole 0.11G2

I have booted into oozoon and backed up all the usb stick images onto my attached sata hdd into mb_images , so I assume these are now backed up and ready to be readded later

I now want to backup my current settings in blackhole 0.11G2 so I booted into it and tried to look in barry allen and also in the system manager for backup abilities

one I found allows an enigma2 settings backup , but does not allow me to set any location or any settings , it just backs up and I have no idea where it has done it to

so does anyone know the exact procedure for me to backup my settings in bh0.11g2 onto my sata hdd , so that the new flash will pickup and use these settings on installation ?

how do I enter advanced system manager exactly ?

thank you

Thanks
    The settings are stored in your hdd, in the backup folder. On install the new flash will normally ask you if you want to load the latest backup.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,494 Posts

Thanks
    I see you have oozoon in flash(with the latest updates)so,I can see the dream-elite team are saying it is a flash only image but surely you will be ok to run this image in Barry Allen as I would think the danger is when it is run on older drivers than this build 17/1/2010, Dunc.

Thanks
    I never said the oozoon was the latest , and it definitely isnt , although that is not my problem

my problem is that I knew I wasnt in advanced setup and if you look at the thread posted by sonic ( the one I could not find ) it lists details on changing from simple to advanced if and when you wish to specify backup targets etc

it is my intention to put this new image in the flash , not using barry allen , and doing so will wipe my usb stick AND I need it to restore previous settings used in my 0.11g2 image ( enigma 2 settings )

so whilst I accept that it has probably done this simple backup to my hdd , I was advised to do it in advanced settings , which I could not find , and neither could spider in that thread sonic listed

basically , I have the same problem as spider had , which I am going to try to resolve BEFORE I reflash the flash using the new image

hopefully the reply by DMAN in post 39 is the missing part of the puzzle

thanks

Thanks
    ok , the problem was I had INTERMEDIATE set in the system menu , and not ADVANCED , so that thread with the DMAN reply to spider was correct. Having said that , the advanced mode tells me that the HDD was selected as the backup target ( and not the usb stick ) and I had to be certain that the HDD was being used and not the usb stick as the stick will be wiped , and therefore would have lost any backups saved on this usb stick in the process.

so I can now proceed having backed up again to hdd , just to be sure

so its the following procedure first

Go to main menu-> setup->system-> customize

now in here change the setup mode to expert from say intermediate

and save with the green button

you should now have Advanced Options in the software manager menu which is accessed by

Go to main menu-> setup->system-> software manager

you will find an advanced setup section near the bottom where the hdd target can be specified ( or some other location if necessary ) , and also you can specify which folders and files are to be backed up

ie:- Menu > Setup > Software manager > Advanced options at the very bottom > Choose backup files

tip from sonic

Small tip is back up cam cfg, cam bin file and cam script, that way when you load a new image and the board goes does under the load you can just restore it all from the back up