Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pubs Then And Know. !!!

Thanks

Pubs Then And Know. !!!

Where i live 15 years ago this was !!!
    this bloke said Marcus there will be now pubs left soon.
    i did not beleve him at the time.

The old days were good.

You could smoke in pubs then !!!

Thanks
    the only reason i dont go to the pub is the smoking ban,i aint standing outside like a crimial,pubs round my area are realy empty,if the tories want a vote winner that's the law to abolish,and get people to work again

Thanks
    after this new drink ban the pubs are well fooked...

be on antique roadshow soon

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon12

I stopped using pubs years ago because of the smell of tobacco. I do go now. Because most pubs are "foodies" now they should survive. The empty pubs round here are usually the old "workmans spit and sawdust types". The fresh air this time of year will probably improve the health of those standing on the doorstep.

Thanks
    well i have been a heavly smoker for the pasr 32 years , and have been in pubs/bars when games have been on.

I have had no problem with smoking, but belive me when you go into the pub and there it stinks smoke, even i that smoked my self had problems to be in there.

Thankfully i have stoped smoking since octomber now, and i can say you Smokers are lousing a fresh and healthy life. As i said i been smoking for 32 years give or take, and since i stoped smoking i feel like a totaly diferent person, and i still go to the local pub to see games and get together with my mates.

anyway there is no pub or resturant or outside plase here that is slowed to smoke, smoking is banned forever here.

I wish the law had come many years before :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

You could smoke in pubs then !!!
    Thatis what fooked it up m8 the Ban was very bad for the trade.

Regards BigDave

Banned
    Thanks
    price of beer stopped me using pubs years ago - how the fcuk can anyone afford to drink a few pints a night at pub prices ? It's beyond my means for sure

the beer price .......... and also the condescending manner of bar staff who serve you when they feel like it

......... sup my cans at 50p a pint now at home - feet up watching telly - bliss !

Pubs were good in the old days - get a good game of cards, bones or darts - beer was affordable - all that seems to have vanished now - when areas had 'communities'.

Thanks
    For me it is the awful quality of real ale that gets dispensed in 99% of pubs that serve it that deters me. Dirty pipes and poor cellar management are the norm. Wetherspoons, or to be more precise 'Cask Marque', have done a great deal to encourage higher standards. A juke box or a telly with volume on leads me straight back out the door! There should be smoking and non smoking pubs. I know that it is January but the small number of folk in pubs this year is frightening. If a publican asks a daft price for a pint invite him to drink it himself and walk out. Similarly if it is not a full pint I walk out.

Thanks
    Yes...and good old days used to get this guy with doing his rounds with apron on, selling muscels!!

Going back to 70's now!

Thanks
    Guy in a white coat shouting "Mussels, whelks, prawns!"

Those were the days...

Thanks
    We used to get jellied eels and the snuff man came round with his huge range of samples on a Tues evening.

Thanks
    I go to the pub 4 or 5 times a week. Me and a couple of mates put plenty of layers on and sit out the back under a patio heater, drink a few pints and smoke our head off. Many a night there is no one in the pub at all, just us silly bu**ers sitting out the back.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    should have banned smoking outside the pub also. Try sitting in the beer garden on a nice summers day. :(

There are far to many pubs these days anyway. So a pub closes, 1 pub closing is another pubs gain

Thanks

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by oldjiver View Post
    I stopped using pubs years ago because of the smell of tobacco. I do go now. Because most pubs are "foodies" now they should survive. The empty pubs round here are usually the old "workmans spit and sawdust types". The fresh air this time of year will probably improve the health of those standing on the doorstep.
    Me 2 m8 its great to go to my local then through to Durham for a good night out and get back home and i still dont smell like a ash tray, but the smokers wone,t understand that

Thanks
    so why don't they do what they did years ago have a tap room and a smoke room

Thanks
    i used to roadie for my mate doing mobile disco's in the pubs we had the time of our life's, we used to put a tick on the back of the light box, say no more lol

Thanks
    gordon brown and his gang are doing their most to close as many pubs as possible.
    1.binge drinking = put up the tax on alcohol, when most pubs are well licenced and controlled places to drink.
    2.the problem is cheap alcohol in supermarkets=this is where most under-age drinkers and people who down a bottle of vodka before going out buy.
    supermarkets also sell beer at cost/less.

thats my moan out of the way ! hope my local village pub stays,its all we got left.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captainglassback View Post
    We used to get jellied eels and the snuff man came round with his huge range of samples on a Tues evening.
    We used to get Irish lads asking 'money for the cause'

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbleu500 View Post
    Guy in a white coat shouting "Mussels, whelks, prawns!"

Those were the days...
    I'm a cockle man meself

Half a pint please, guv!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Personly I think it is disgusting what this goverment has done to the pub industry. I think they should be procecuted
    cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast