Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MV EPG 3.5.4 plugin

Thanks

Icon3 MV EPG 3.5.4 plugin

Hi to all,
    with my surprise, I discovered the sorces (open source) of MV EPG 3.5.4 plugin, I believe this is for dreambox ppc.
    I'm not a expert linux developer so I'm not able to make a portable azbox version.
    If some one is interested in this sources plugin this is the address:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mv-plugin/files/

This could be the first step for a accettable EPG on azbox without hope in opensat help.

Thanks
    Doesnt Opensat need to publish the EPG spcififcation first so any plugin xan actually populate the EPG? Once they do this I beleive it is not too difficult to port other open EPG plugin apps as the code is available.

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon3

Some packages have full EPG as they are, like Total TV - 3-4 days at least...

If mower makes the DVB API mods so any .bin for DB can be used - maybe things will be better for this, as well? Dunno, me a lay person...

Apparently, the processor is not that far off from the ones used by DB, hence, with some re-compiling, they say, things are "almost compatible"...

We'll see... Just... errrmmm... WHEN?!?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    If mower makes the DVB API mods so any .bin for DB can be used - maybe things will be better for this, as well?
    ... so our hopes are pinned on mower?
    GOD SAVE ...The_Ripper!!!

Hi Goran do You know if He is working on this project (DVB API mods) ?

Thanks

Icon12

...as reported here by other members....

From the AZ forum...

Apparently...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Im Optimist and Im sure he doesnt do anything like this

Thanks

Question

Have you spoken with him, Hans, or...?

I have seen it on the forum, where he spoke about it, plus I spoke to some people about it, too... It seems he is working on DVB API...

Then, OpenXCAS is history...

Maybe even kernel?

Time will tell...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I can say anything official but dont hope to anything like this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hanswurscht View Post
    I can say anything official but dont hope to anything like this
    What do you think about, better than Goran thinks or only minor changes on the horizon?
    You said that you're an optimist, so I imagine it is much better ... (I hope).
    Give us some good news

Thanks
    One thing is softcams from DM with MIPS to work in azbox (with DVBAPI).
    Other thing is plugins, plugins might not depend on the API, but the way the firmware is build as a all. Plugins for example are build for enigma2, not for azbox firmware.

Thanks
    That's absolutely true.

There is no relation between the processor and the usability of plugins.

The complete interface is different, not just the dvb-api, all api's.

Or can we easily use a dreambox channel editor on the azbox?

Thanks

Icon12

From memory: it would take a relatively small recompiling for most tools etc. But one would need the tools/docs/info for recompiling... But my memory here might be quite porous...

Softcams - as explained by FME_fta, nothing to add, I heard the same thing...

As for EPG: that was just my hopes... If he gets into these things...

Well, I am a bigger optimist than Hans, it seems, hehe...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I hope that DVB-API can make twin tuner function possible for all the AZBox's. And maybe allow USB2 dvb-tuners as well...

My wishlist is also:
    Faster USB/Network
    Solid recording/EPG
    Streaming of TS from box

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    From memory: it would take a relatively small recompiling for most tools etc. But one would need the tools/docs/info for recompiling... But my memory here might be quite porous...

Softcams - as explained by FME_fta, nothing to add, I heard the same thing...

As for EPG: that was just my hopes... If he gets into these things...

Well, I am a bigger optimist than Hans, it seems, hehe...
    For EPG there is no open API on the AZBox so recompliation of an enigma plugin will not help. The sourcecode of the plugin would need to be amended to populate the AZBox EPG tables - the structure of which is not available. The plugin may install on the AZBox if recompiled properly but it will either fall over or do nothing. If Opensat were to release a proper API for the EPG and also move it to a disk based solution (with larger memory access) then we could start to get some plugins that would meet all our EPG needs.

I can't see why this is not a major priority for Opensat considering the importance of an EPG for PVR fucntionality.
    Last edited by slegs; 14-01-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slegs View Post
    The sourcecode of the plugin would need to be amended to populate the AZBox EPG tables - the structure of which is not available.The plugin may install on the AZBox if recompiled properly but it will either fall over or do nothing. If Opensat were to release a proper API for the EPG and also move it to a disk based solution (with larger memory access) then we could start to get some plugins that would meet all our EPG needs.
    If you used sometimes MV, You should know that this is a plugin for the complete management of an EPG.
    If we have a plugin that substitute the useless azbox EPG, we can access to a "standard" database with common EPG data, the "DISK2\reserved.dat" structure is know
    http://www.azbox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=102
    so the next step is populate a "standard" MV EPG file and we can reserve registration in "reserved.dat" file.

I don't know if is possible to access to this information with azbox api, but there is a simple workaround:in the meantime we can use the database downloaded with others decoders (I have a dreambox and I can update the database via Lan).

I can't see why this is not a major priority for Opensat considering the importance of an EPG for PVR fucntionality.
    I agree with You, but Opensat can't implement an universal EPG function, and we know why, but Opensat should not hide behind this false problem, but should at least provide the tools and support (do***entation) to any hobbyist who want to implement this essential plugin for a decoder with PVR ambition!!!
    Last edited by massimo1167; 14-01-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks
    An alternative EPG would at least be able to change channels immediately and I cant see how this would be possible without an API. the ideal is to populate the integarted EPG which needs an API.

This is fairly standard and simple stuff which makes it all the more surprising

Thanks

Exclamation

I agree: if DMM are doing it - why not OS/Celrun?!? WTF?!? How come they think there are no "trustworthy" teams out there to give the docs and tools - if not drivers - to start doing the stuff they can't do themselves [at least legally]?!?

It's plain STUPID!!!

Thanks
    An alternative EPG would at least be able to change channels immediately and I cant see how this would be possible without an API. the ideal is to populate the integarted EPG which needs an API.

This is fairly standard and simple stuff which makes it all the more surprising
    Azbox does change immediately the channels when using CH+, CH-, although it takes time (1-2sec in FTA) for the channel to show (2-3sec for encrypted).

Regards!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FME_fta View Post
    Azbox does change immediately the channels when using CH+, CH-, although it takes time (1-2sec in FTA) for the channel to show (2-3sec for encrypted).

Regards!
    This is true but not the point. We are speaking specifically about a fully featured populated EPG here.

Thanks

Question

When you're doing it via EPG, FME, sometimes it doesn't work at all ["No info" message etc.]...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast