Thread: Channel master Polar Mount

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Mp, Seven years? Almost brand new. Mine is twenty years old and as I live on the Atlantic coast salt erosion has taken its toll. I cleaned it up a bout five years ago but I dont believe it will last much longer.To Weerube let me say that I dought if he will be successful but if he is I bet there will be at least one hundred percent mark-up on the UK price. We are not known as ; Ireland Rip-off; for nothing. I have tracked down my posts about the polar mount on the other forum which came about three days ago but I have failed to contact the member concerned by PM . I will keep ye posted here if I hear anything.TMULL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmull View Post
    Mp, Seven years? Almost brand new. Mine is twenty years old and as I live on the Atlantic coast salt erosion has taken its toll. I cleaned it up a bout five years ago but I dont believe it will last much longer.To Weerube let me say that I dought if he will be successful but if he is I bet there will be at least one hundred percent mark-up on the UK price. We are not known as ; Ireland Rip-off; for nothing. I have tracked down my posts about the polar mount on the other forum which came about three days ago but I have failed to contact the member concerned by PM . I will keep ye posted here if I hear anything.TMULL
    I should have pointed out the standard primer is little or no protection at all about every three years Im up the pole with a tin of hammerite and I grease the bolt areas as well.

Have to say its the best polar mount invented and the heaviest I dare say

One alternative would be to use the supermount h-h motor I fancied one of these but they were too expensive at the time but are just about the best and only suitable h-h mount for channel master dishes

Thanks

Polar Mount

Supplier closed until the 4th January, I remember asking them about this soon after Channel Master stopped production and they told me they had another manufacturer which supplied the same mount as the original.

Will check it out when they re-open