Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channel master Polar Mount

Hybrid View

V.I.P
    Thanks

Question Channel master Polar Mount

hi
    would like to replace my channel master polar mount(1metre)...as my actuator has packed up and I "have " to replace it..have tried loads and loads of web sites none available...lots advertised but as soon as you place an order u get an e-mail to say its out of stock..i understand that andrews who manufacture cm products no longer manufacture the polar mount...dont get me wrong the mount is working..but needs "cleaning" up..was hoping to buy a new one (with my new actuator) and have my current one(once "cleaned up") as a stand by..any ideas guys

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Try reading this thread here m8 :https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=671548
    hope this helps ,
    ------
    Barneycarlton

Thanks
    Consolglass, About six months ago on another sat forum (unfortunatly which is now down for about three weeks) a member from Belfast posted a thread named something like -- Replaced my polar mount at last. He explained like you how he had searched all websites and came up empty handed. In fustration he phoned a Belfast sat shop and lo and behold they had just one in stock. He got it.As mine is about twenty years old I need a replacement but like yourself came up empty handed. We exchanged a few posts in order to highlight to other members that there was a problem. A different member came in with just one post saying not to get too bothered that he would be in a position to supply same in a few months. I got the impression that he was about to make them commercially. As I cannot access this site now I cannot retrieve the posts but wonder if the first member was on this forum if he could recontact me.Raggabader ,where are you when we need you? Would any member know what happened to this site. I wont name it as I may be breaking the rules here. TMULL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmull View Post
    ... As I cannot access this site now I cannot retrieve the posts but wonder if the first member was on this forum if he could recontact me.Raggabader ,where are you when we need you? Would any member know what happened to this site. I wont name it as I may be breaking the rules here. TMULL
    "Raggabader: Sono un Italiano", just in case you missed it, that website is back on line!
    Last edited by Giga; 30-12-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Giga, Have sent a PM to the bloke involved so if I get any news I shall post it here.TMULL

Thanks
    Lads. No news as yet.I did try to contact the chap who replied to our original posts but as yet no reply. I have just come off the ladder after examining the mount. Still seems ok and I am wondering if it would withstand a sandblasting. But whilst up there I realised ,being a fairly competent woodworker,that if this was made of wood I could dupiclate it no problem. My steelworking skill are very limited but surely a mechanical engineer or steel worker should be able to tackle this without too much difficulty.Any half decent engineering firm should be able to press out the parts and assemble them. I am tempted to have a go,but I must clear up some projects that I am involved with at the moment. Surely engineering firms must be feeling the pinch in these times.There is an oppertunity here surely even if a very limited one. Any news about your look in the cellar? Has any member attempted to make a polar mount? TMULL

V.I.P
    Thanks
    thanks for the replies guys..have tried fleabay an sss..he said he no longer has any ! another dealer informed me that there was a "replacement" for the cm polar mount coming late dec early jan..but it would be in the form of the jaeger 1224 supermount(which again is discontinued)..

Thanks
    They stopped making them years ago, I installed a dish for a friend years ago and we have difficulty getting one then even, I am now using the same mount myself, my friend gave up on sat so I got all for nothing, the dish was not the best, but another friend who installs fixed systems gave me the 1.2 that I am now using with that mount. I hope that anyone searching for a mount will find one, I am sure there are a few out there somewhere.

Season's Greetings Wez

Thanks
    Remind me after christmas to check my cellar at shop,think theres 1 down there.

Thanks
    M*****, Could I have first choice please. Happy Christmas to everyone.TMULL

V.I.P
    Thanks
    erm my thread so my 1st choice i think !!!...only joking m8...suppose it goes to the higest bidder !!!!

Thanks
    I bid a pound.
    lol
    Ken.

Thanks
    i wont be bidding as i have brand new one in the garage with a 1.2 dish as well. a few years back i thought i should buy a spare, looks like i made the right move.

Thanks

Channel Master Polar Mount

Hi Guys & Girls

Think I might know a supplier in Ireland who can help on this, I will call them first thing tomorrow morning and report back here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by consolglass View Post
    hi
    would like to replace my channel master polar mount(1metre)...as my actuator has packed up and I "
    Why do you want to replace whats wrong with the one you got just replace the actuator these polar mounts are pretty much indestrucatble I have had mine for 7 years

Thanks
    Mp, Seven years? Almost brand new. Mine is twenty years old and as I live on the Atlantic coast salt erosion has taken its toll. I cleaned it up a bout five years ago but I dont believe it will last much longer.To Weerube let me say that I dought if he will be successful but if he is I bet there will be at least one hundred percent mark-up on the UK price. We are not known as ; Ireland Rip-off; for nothing. I have tracked down my posts about the polar mount on the other forum which came about three days ago but I have failed to contact the member concerned by PM . I will keep ye posted here if I hear anything.TMULL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmull View Post
    Mp, Seven years? Almost brand new. Mine is twenty years old and as I live on the Atlantic coast salt erosion has taken its toll. I cleaned it up a bout five years ago but I dont believe it will last much longer.To Weerube let me say that I dought if he will be successful but if he is I bet there will be at least one hundred percent mark-up on the UK price. We are not known as ; Ireland Rip-off; for nothing. I have tracked down my posts about the polar mount on the other forum which came about three days ago but I have failed to contact the member concerned by PM . I will keep ye posted here if I hear anything.TMULL
    I should have pointed out the standard primer is little or no protection at all about every three years Im up the pole with a tin of hammerite and I grease the bolt areas as well.

Have to say its the best polar mount invented and the heaviest I dare say

One alternative would be to use the supermount h-h motor I fancied one of these but they were too expensive at the time but are just about the best and only suitable h-h mount for channel master dishes

Thanks

Polar Mount

Supplier closed until the 4th January, I remember asking them about this soon after Channel Master stopped production and they told me they had another manufacturer which supplied the same mount as the original.

Will check it out when they re-open

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I`m wanting replace it as mine is 15 years old..i live on the north east coast...near the sea...erossion has taken its toll..but i can remove it and get it cleaned up @ work as we manufacture goods that are used outside...so have all the equipment to keep it weather safe if i dont find a replacement...

Thanks
    i think the member " CROSSBONES" know a thing or two about polar mounts
    seem to remember seeing some photo,s of some that his bro in law made
    me he may contribute to this thread if he sees it
    but i think that they could be made looking at mine they are very sturdy and perhaps not likely to wear out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast