Thread: Freesat Foxsat

Thanks

Freesat Foxsat

Getting one of these on Monday to replace my old **** box for the the fun of it. Noticed in the bumff it has ethernet and usb connectors. Is anyone using these and what for?

Thanks
    The LAN is for future on demand services.
    Example: h**p://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a170877/freesat-to-launch-on-demand-before-canvas.html

The usb is for service use at the moment I believe but may be used for external HDD and alike later on as and when needed by the service.

Yoda

Thanks
    Ah thank you very much, so I'm not going to have much fun with those connections then

Thanks
    Ethernet connection, for use with BBC iplayer option. This is beta version at the moment, but should be availabe to everyone early next year, I am one of the beta testers, the usb port was used by me to upload the bbc iplayer software.

Thanks
    Thanks chalkster. Don't use iPlayer as it is, so can't see me getting much use out of that

Thanks
    The video quality is superb with the Freesat Foxsat, I am using a 42 inch panasonic.

man

Thanks
    I've got a 32" Sony crt lol

Thanks
    Just missed out on the code to try iPlayer - bummer - really wanted to check it out early

Thanks
    Just to add that the USB connection can be used for a USB stick to copy recorded programs to (to transfer to pc to then watch with VLC or similar) but must be formated as FAT or ext2/3 (linux). Also works with external HDD (formated same).

You can also copy pics and music to the humax hdd in this way (the humax can show certain pic formats (jpg) and play certain music files (mp3 I think only)). People have tried copying other movie files but I am pretty sure the humax will only play the ones it recorded.
    Last edited by slime; 10-12-2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: 2nd paragraph added

Thanks
    Been using one for several months now. The build quality seems good but it has let me down badly over missed recordings and false 'no signal'. However since the most recent software update the stb has performed wonderfully!