Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Law firm goes after filesharers

Thanks

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Bod View Post
    the last paragraph is interesting in as much as to who is liable , it also sez the pub owner was fined . I thought you couldn't be "fined" in a civil case , only ordered to pay compensation ( just nitpicking there )
    If I was the pub owner or Cloud I think I'd be contesting this , basically somebody has provuded a service , somebody else has abused that service , yet the person who provided the service is "fined" , all wrong in my view

Bod
    This is repported to be a sci-fi story just to put the frighteners up none payers, if yous can remember a few years ago DL took a old scotish couple to court for down loading ****, i think it was ARMY F*****S and they lost that claim big time it was on the news, if this ACS takes just one person to court and looses thats there future money spining scam screwd, there evidace is over a year old in most casses they have a time and date of the download and thats it. they dont no how long the connection was for, they dont no if you downloaded or up loaded all or part of the download, there letters are sent out in there thousands they are all template letters some times addresed as MR MIS MISS etc get real, ACS gold rush will come to a end and when they do take some one to court with half a brain who can defend them selfs, and when it dose there will be a lot of people sueing him for stress

Thanks
    if you dont pay you could face court then it be a criminal case so a criminal record you would have

a lot of ifs in there mind

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex1020 View Post
    i only copy the odd films and wii gamwes now and then thats all , but theyt are only back ups as the wii has special chip in it so i can play my backed up games in.
    I also buy music but my point is what if YOU got your WIFI hacked and YOU had very little nolage of computers, and a 3rd party downloaded illegal music then YOU got the letter demanding £800.00 Should you take the rap and serve your time? go back to sleep with your DREAMBOX i think there is words what discribe people who think LIKE YOU - willy comes to mind

V.I.P
    Thanks
    This new law has turned the owners of Pirate Bay into millionaires.
    Here, for 5 euros a month you get a VPN connection and a masked IP.....and away yer go.

No matter they do, they'll never stop it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    anynews on this or was it a scare storey after all ,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboil View Post
    if you dont pay you could face court then it be a criminal case so a criminal record you would have

a lot of ifs in there mind
    Look deeper m8 YOU CANNOT GET A CRIMINAL RECORD from a civil court

Thanks
    no need to shout,

1. the first case is a civil case yes i agree

2. if you ignore the civil case they take you to criminal court , and it is there, if found guilty you will have a criminal record.

3. have you had a letter explaining this?, if no, then you dont know the whole facts and have no argument.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboil View Post
    no need to shout,

1. the first case is a civil case yes i agree

2. if you ignore the civil case they take you to criminal court , and it is there, if found guilty you will have a criminal record.

3. have you had a letter explaining this?, if no, then you dont know the whole facts and have no argument.
    OK M8 you are right im wrong i will believe in me and you can believe in you, and i carnt be botherd to argue, and no i have not had a letter but my m8 has.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    any chance of a scan and upload so we cant see one of these letters ,obviously covering his details.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123