Thread: clone dm800hd simcard info

Thanks

clone dm800hd simcard info

I investigated a bit DM800hd clones becuase I wanted to buy one, and I come up with info which looks like is not complete published so far .....

Clones now and in the future will not be able to have updated divers because of Dream Media security in the box. Like how some of you know DM800hd have simcard (smartcard) inside. Oficial drivers needs from simcard "keys" (used word "keys" its easyer to uderstand) in order to work so if your simcard is not updated with lates "keys" your new drivers will not work and you will have error msg on dispaly and box will not boot.

All of this means if you got clone from China with BL72 then you can use all divers which are coming with images with BL72 and all below BL72. All new images today which are patched to work with clones have old drivers inside. Which driver version new image contain, it depends of second stage BL version which you could use in your clone box. So if you have BL72 than you can used drivers which will used BL72 or bleow, BUT not above BL72.

At this moment there is no info how simcard can be updated or does it possible at all, but I do know that factories in China needs to buy new version simcard in order to use new BL version. New simcard is developed by so far unknown Chinese group, they are asking from DM800 factories 30usd/pc for new simcard. This info I got from one Chinese factory which makes DreamBoxes, for real I think they are getting new simcard below 30usd but thats is not important!

As simcard makes charges ~30usd/pc which is excellent profit, its really very small chance that they will release way for simcard update as then simcard makes will be lefted without a profit. Who will pay for their work?
    Just for info empty simcard In China costs less then 1usd!

So all users with clones needs to get new simcard if they want to use for example BL75 and every time in the future when Dream Media release new BL version new simcard will be needed!

To order new simcard from China clone users will need ~50usd
    (30usd simcard + paypal fee or bank fee + shipping chargers)

Bottom line clones are cheap and they are working atm, but when you start adding simcard update expanses they could become very expensive if you want to have BL updated on last version.

Any comment? Maybe I am wrong ........

Thanks
    Same as I have heard m8, however there does not seem to be a huge benefit in upgrading to the latest clone sim, as other than improved 1080p file handling and some tuner tweeks, there isn't a great deal of reward for shelling out $50...

In a few months, they will be much cheaper anyway, and my clone does everything I need at the moment

It's not like having to pay for a diablo cam firmware upgrade to open some new packages, which plenty of peeps were happy to do last year, so demand is not likely to be that high for a new clone sim.

Thanks
    i was told clones are now shipping with new bootloader sim cards

Thanks
    just spoke to my contact in china they now come with boot loader 75

Thanks
    Point is when you get box with BL75 you are stuck with BL75 until you get new simacard.
    Dream Media will probably soon release new version BL76 maybe ........

Regarding BL75 I also read that BL75 is fake, when you flash image's he drops to BL72 and it can not go back to BL75 which means, BL72 was made to show BL75 version. So you can not be sure atm ............

But like @mrbleu500 said do we really need new BL in our boxes?!?
    And what's new in those BL version's anyway?!?

Thanks
    im happy enuff with bl72 and using barry allen for new images

Thanks
    See this thread for driver updates

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104226

The new driver fixes you get with updated bootloader are:

dreambox-dvb-modules.bb: update dm800 and dm8000 drivers 21-08-2009
    - better H264 compatibility ... (higher bitrates, more reference frames) - dm800 fix for playback of MPEG2 HD 1080p (converted H264 file with mkv2vob was not working.. green screen) - add VTUNER_SET_FRONTEND_INFO ioctl (ioctl id 6) to set a struct dvb_frontend_info* to set frontend capibilities and frontend type
    dreambox-dvb-modules_2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800-20090907-r0_dm800

dreambox-dvb-modules.bb: update dm800 and dm8000 drivers

fix 1080p24/30 synchronisation problems via AV Receiver

fix 720p24 output via dvi

fix loss of dvi(hdmi) audio on framerate change

another small deinterlacer auto handling fix

improved locking times for alps-bsbe1-c/d01a tuner

fix synchronisation problems on scart output in some cases
    New Drivers for DM800
    Update of 13.10.2009

changes dm800
    -------------
    * fix completely broken 1080p24/25/30 output (broken since previous drivers)
    * fix strange kernel ooopses on flash access (i.e. packages upgrades or install new ipk packages)

changes dm800 and dm8000
    ------------------------
    * fix alps_bsbe2 detection (some NIM modules couldn't be detected since previous drivers)
    * small fixes on "no tuner lock" handling .. the min timeout is now 1500 msec
    this hopefully fixes "tune failed" problems introduced with previous drivers
    * fix frequently stuttering on put out content with 23.976fps and choosed 24fps outputmode (i.e. 1080p24, 720p24)
    the same for 29.97fps on 30fps and 59.94 on 60fps
    New Drivers for DM800
    Update of 14.10.2009

dreambox-dvb-modules.bb: another dm800/dm8000 driver update
    dm800 changes
    -------------
    * tuner detection fixes

dm800 and dm8000 changes
    ------------------------
    * fix tone amplitude setting for alps_bsbe2 tuner
    this fixes "tune failed" problems introduced in previous drivers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paul01609 View Post
    im happy enuff with bl72 and using barry allen for new images
    Same here

Thanks
    Thanks, those updates are very serious by how I can see.
    I am happy for you as you are happy with BL72, but how about users with BL69 are they happy??
    Soon all users with BL72 & BL75 will have old BL's like users with old BL69 at this moment.

As you are ALL happy with clone box maybe I will be happy to?!?

Thanks
    only you can say if your happy,you buy a clone you take a risk of it not working right or you pay full whack and know your safe with updates thats why i got a real 8000 and didnt wait for a clone

Thanks
    Can someone just clarify something. With these updates does my DM800 now support full 1080P HD? Only when I look at my options I only have 720P and 1080i currently.

But I'd love to have 1080P :-)

Thanks
    I think it refers to 1080p playback of recorded/ripped files, there are only a couple of 1080p sat tests around as far as I know (3DSwitch on 9e for example)

Thanks

We will make sim card sharing , so all boxes will update just fine

Thanks
    Will our DM800's ever support 1080P? Is it a limitation in the software of the actual hardware?

Thanks
    We only need a chinese factory to make a small size card - sim size with flat cable to go out of the box and build a small box with serial to ethernet.
    the box can get online on an http site and read the details from there ;p

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snakie View Post

We will make sim card sharing , so all boxes will update just fine
    it is really possible who will share official sim card

Generally small sim card can be found on GoldWafers (Silvercard) atm. and we could use that card without any problem in DM800. Problem is to find what is needed sim card to emulate (algo, keys and atc.), if I know that I could make hex files .......

Thanks
    Im not talking about cloning the card,
    im saying about sharing an original card.
    If you use a season logger you can get the ins and data pass to the sim all the time from original receiver to original card.

You can make an adaptor from sim size with flat cable and go out of the box,create
    a hex file for a 16F86 or something similar to just hold the ATR and maybe 1-2 ins.
    Then you can forward the rest of the ins to an already logged card with the help of a pc for begining to a log file from another card.
    The only problem might be if there is a random hash generated everytime.
    But only with playing with it can find out

Do you have a link for sim size to iso reader adapter?

Thanks
    Im not talking about cloning the card,
    im saying about sharing an original card.
    With my first line I ment same as you did......

If you use a season logger you can get the ins and data pass to the sim all the time from original receiver to original card.

You can make an adaptor from sim size with flat cable and go out of the box,create
    a hex file for a 16F86 or something similar to just hold the ATR and maybe 1-2 ins.
    Then you can forward the rest of the ins to an already logged card with the help of a pc for begining to a log file from another card.
    Yes it could be done but its a bit complicated, probably more powerful MCU then 16F84 will need to be used. I have hired that sim card emu is not to much complicated I mean there is no RSA encryption and stuff like that......

The only problem might be if there is a random hash generated everytime.
    But only with playing with it can find out
    This could be checked if you pull out sim card when box is fully booted and its working. If you dont get error message there is no checking after boot. But in future if not exists now Dream Media could implement that.

Do you have a link for sim size to iso reader adapter?
    You could buy silvercard from GoldWafers.com and you will have iso reader adapter. Same thing I saw with sim cards which are used with mobile phones they are coming with full iso size ...

Thanks
    I dont have a clone receiver to be able to check it out and im not willing to open my 8000 and start playing with it

but when i say about iso card reader i mean not the sim card to be the size of a normal card,but i mean an adapter that will give you iso contacts on full size like a phoenix reader is.
    the f86 will just hold the atr ,it will not process the details or do full emulation of the card.just a quick way to avoid some syncronization problems that might occur.