Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SpiderBox HD New Generation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drahcirk View Post
    difference being the t/ms look ok .but are crap ,the 5400, not to bad ,dut the 6900 is poor,
    in any case, just had another look at remote, and think it looks ok,.
    sorry, meant to edit,

Thanks
    my remote for techno 6800 packed up after 1 year and I had to buy a new one

gray

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT View Post
    The specification looks very good and easy to use , but the problem with all these new STB receivers from not well known manufacturers is that you have to totally relay on the manufacturer for the support and software and patches releases, while the support will be good for the first year where they will shift loads of them , after that they will release a new model and drop the support for the previous one, then you are stuck with the final software version they released as it will be hard to find anyone in the Internet community that will develop and release any new software for that box, not like the Linux receivers which have huge universal ongoing support and development everywhere on the net and you can install and try different images and firmware so you will always have something new for years to come.

Now a question : how to update the CCcam from say version 2.0.0 to a newer version or the coming soon version 3.0.0 or how to try different versions of the CCcam or NewCamd with this non Linux kind of a box ?

Don't get me wrong it is a good receiver designed for ease of use at a reasonable price but i think it is aimed specifically at non experienced users or users want just "Plug and Play".
    But if you like to tinker around and try different things with your receiver , i am afraid this box is not for you , you need to get Dreambox or IPbox or similar Linux box.

PS: This Spider box only support HDMI version 1.1 which is quite old as HDMI is in version 1.4 now (most common version at the moment is 1.3b which is used in most of the recent TVs and A/V equipment) , you need to bear that in mind if top Video & Audio quality is important to you.

Regards

TUT

With All my respect....

Please READ...

Update in future S/w , patch and EMUS like CCcam can be done by USB sticker only..

Second you says not well know Manufacture !?

Haw you know is not well know Manufacture !?

You was talking about same boxes user should have Like ABipbox..That manufacture who producing for those boxes are going soon to collapse.100% ...

About DM is good box but Over price...and for yo-user with basic knolege is not i nuf good.
    For you and for me maybe Yes.
    Please me serious because even the most stupid in the world...
    can says all DMM has left down from HDMI have NO....only the lattes one have..
    You talking about Spiderbox has 1.1 HDMI ,,lol look very funny..
    That can be upgrade only by s.w

You don't have one like that you can not talk about Quality...buy one or let other people when they buy for the feed back

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eme View Post
    i have to say the remote looks like a **** poor goodmans alba cheapo. why don't they provide a decent remote like azbox or dream. even the basic technomates have something that looks ok. sorry to say it but from the first tme i saw picture i thought yuck. to be cheap does not have to look like cheap. oh well thats life.
    ###

The RCU is not a cheap maybe you have no idea what are you talking only maybe you are doing by propouse like some one others here just to attack the box...but in the End who cares if some one like you don't like it.

In same pleases says: when the " Fox can not rich the Grape ,she say that's not ready to eat ,or not good test."

Thanks
    Just for same one here This Box is client Box..

Even if will not be update for life is guaranty many many years will work by CCcam nd Newcam too...

haw long is the new camd ? or CCcam !?? are they going to disappear tomorrow ,,ha ha

any new cam comes always are plugging between them...

We have the Prove OSCAM cam new Sky itallia always is solution between the, Look the picture sky italia in Spiderbox.

Thats mean anything new come no think can happens ...are many may boxes working by Cccam and new camd why should Spiderbox not work !? has no sence...

Thanks
    how is picture quality like in sd and hd?is it as good as the kathrein ufs910?

Thanks
    You was talking about same boxes user should have Like ABipbox..That manufacture who producing for those boxes are going soon to collapse.100%
    that is a bit to hard to think of, as the manifacturer you are talking about is quite strong , DGS is not some one that strted yesterday in the feild, what profs do you have they will Collaps as you say ?
    or maybe you could not get a deal with them and now they are bad :biggrinjester:

Spiderbox looks good, but as long as it is clouse source it is dificult to belive that support will be there for many years to come, we have seen this with other manifactures like Protec,Nanoxx , Visionet, or other boxes
    they make the money then they disapear.
    Hope ***** does give full support to this product as it looks prommising:respect-023:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKMAN View Post
    You talking about Spiderbox has 1.1 HDMI ,,lol look very funny..
    That can be upgrade only by s.w
    I am afraid you can't upgrade HDMI via software upgrade as you claim.
    Currently, there are no provisions for doing such an upgrade. Because of the new enhanced feature set in HDMI revision 1.3, any such conversion would require hardware and firmware upgrades.

Regards

Thanks
    is that not possible then??????

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drahcirk View Post
    is that not possible then??????
    No , you can't upgrade let's say HDMI version 1.1 to version 1.3 without Hardware modification and also updating the firmware to reflect the hardware modification (it is also depend on the main board on a given equipment if it is capable of supporting the modification and the data flow).

Thanks
    is there a big difference in picture quality between version 1.1 and 1.3?

gray

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gray198 View Post

gray
    It won't be that big difference in quality, it all depends on your HD TV and HDMI cables and AMP and so on

HDMI 1.1, HDMI 1.2 and HDMI 1.3 are not differences in cables but a difference in transmission standards. An HDMI cable with sufficient bandwidth is fine for all three. As they have added features to HDMI like greater color depth and timing control and component control, the standard keeps changing. A later generation HDMI device is backward compatible with an earlier HDMI device but it won't be able to take advantages of all of the features that have been added. For example an earlier HDMI 1.1 TV will be able to get sound and picture from the new HDMI 1.3 Blu-Ray player but it won't automatically turn on and turn to the right input when you press play like on a newer HDMI 1.3 TV would (if included in the feature set).
    Also, just because a device is listed as HDMI 1.3 doesn't mean that it includes all of the possible capabilities of HDMI 1.3.

The main difference between 1.2 and 1.3 is the overall bandwidth. More bandwidth, support for higher resolution audio and video. More colors and lossless audio.

Click here For more info

Thanks
    mind u , im asking that and i havent even got an hd tv yet, .

Thanks
    Is it me or does this box look like my old BSB ferguson dmac box ... it looks like somthing that was built in the late 80's ... does the remote have a wire to the box

Thanks
    its u karl, it looks a lot better than my chopped of, tm6900,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT View Post
    I am afraid you can't upgrade HDMI via software upgrade as you claim.
    Currently, there are no provisions for doing such an upgrade. Because of the new enhanced feature set in HDMI revision 1.3, any such conversion would require hardware and firmware upgrades.

Regards
    Yes I can most definitly confirm this. I have had a couple of my clients who work in this field tell me the same thing.

Thanks
    If ya dont require hd then the Dreamlink DL500 does a similar job without having to know anything about Linux.

I have 2 of them and they are brilliant and easy to set up.

You dont get a free gift (server) with it but who knows how long that will last anyway.

DAVE

Thanks
    thats alright if u like d/boxes, personally i really dislike them,.nearly as much as tm boxes,.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendly-Face View Post
    that is a bit to hard to think of, as the manifacturer you are talking about is quite strong , DGS is not some one that strted yesterday in the feild, what profs do you have they will Collaps as you say ?
    or maybe you could not get a deal with them and now they are bad :biggrinjester:

Spiderbox looks good, but as long as it is close source it is difficult to belive that support will be there for many years to come, we have seen this with other manifactures like Protec,Nanoxx , Visionet, or other boxes
    they make the money then they disapear.
    Hope ***** does give full support to this product as it looks prommising:respect-023:

You right M8 I could not get the deal,not only but i see they was a slaves of same Idiots developers,.,then done every think to gave me trouble , but they forgot more then me the trouble they gave troubles to manufacture it self

Is same manufacture they contact me again now to apologies and says was a very very bad and big mistake of their managment....because now they are truble..ABip box has broke the deal..and Cube revo is totally no think ....The mamuature has not much costumers about Operator market,,,is totally in ****...they ask me Help back..they can do any OEM brand i like...Actually you will they will do same think similar of Spider box now...Because they Cube revo and Ipabox is totally out of market now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gray198 View Post

gray

no difence at all M8..
    is just advertise then at all and for some one just to find somethink is psiderbox rong ,lol ...all STB HD are 1.1 and even last Tv...i dont know where is the problem !

I dont know why some like change discussion we are not here talking about the HDMI vesion they will change again tomorrow 1.4...1.5 but all are compatibile to each others..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast