Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dvb-c ...how to set up tuner?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks Stevie,

Will give it a go later, I have been read around the forums and I think its something to do with frequency / TP settings

Cheers,

eltel.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi All

No luck with your suggestion Stevie, tried 4001 fw many reboots and formats and I still get the same results, have been using these settings.

STANDARD
    MANUAL
    NIT
    A/C

As i said before i get all the channels but when i go to watch tv, there is no signal quality, but there is signal strength, however if i use these settings,

STANDARD
    MANUAL
    NORMAL
    A/C

I get 13 channels and i can watch some of these, they all seem to be vm promo channels and all around the 666xxx Mhz range.
    It makes me think it is something to do with the azbox scanning ok, but then confussing the frequencies.

Any help, please guys,

Cheers,

eltel.

Thanks
    If you get some channels, then switch to auto, let the sof****e do the scan, thats what I did , got all of them

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    ukpaisley,
    Have tried that, got the same result, I can scan all channels but then have no signal quality.
    Thanks anyway,
    anymore suggestions please,
    Cheers
    eltel.

Thanks
    Standard
    Auto
    107000Khz
    A/C

Thanks
    i have managed to download all the channels,and i have installed mgcamd i have left mgcamd on for a while but nothing is clearing can anyone please help

Thanks
    Hello Skip and eltel2,
    Did you manage to get any channels working ( apart from the v**gin demo ones). I have just purchased a AZbox premium box with a cable tuner installed. I have scanned all the channels and saved them. When I go to view them on the TV , the screen is blank with no signal.

Do I need to install any plugins to get this working.

Thanx

Thanks
    hey guys, try reading earlier posts esp stevie1961 ones...very helpful..plus try manually scanning a transponder and then chk to see if its visible...both signal and quality meters should be reading...also i used bbc1-i think495000? to do network scan..as its fta it may help???
    good luck.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eltel2 View Post
    Hello All,

First off, thanks for previous posts in this thread. now for the but, I have manage to scan all channels 271 tv and 37 radio, then I save them and exit the search menu, then go to view the tv, I have a blank screen with a message no signal. When i open the channel list all the channels are there but now i have a no signal icon flashing at top right of the screen,
    if i press the blue button (tuner) it puts an error message (can't find channel list )
    If i go back to the search menu the default settings have returned and i have 100% strength no quality, when i put my local settings back in, i get 100% strength 90% quality.
    Have tried with FW 3501 and 3877 results the same.
    I have checked all connections rebooted deleted all channels rescanned and i still have the same problem.
    If you can think of anything else to try, it would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    eltel.
    Hello ade1970.

I have the same problem as above. If I do a manual scan with the following settings :-

Standard
    Manual
    NIT
    E56
    A/C

I get 100% signal and 90% quality and it scans in 300 channels and over 30 radio stations. When I save this to my channel list and go to view one of the channels it shows no signal on the screen, for some reason all the quality has gone even though there is still 100% signal.

If I scan with above variants but change NIT to normal I can scan 5 free vir***n demo channels and view these.

Any other suggestions as I am total noob to this.

Thanks
    wot i had was recommended was factory reset, and format app area, tuner in slot B, then do cable tv scan 1st -as said b4 try fta bbc1 transponder 1st, on network search...total pain but hey it works, then check got all transponders working and/or manually enter any missing ones...then do satellite channels after all done. all fta should now be ok...well fingers crossed for you. i use mgcamd sucessfully.

Thanks
    I can only scan channels on 1 transponder, all the others have signal but no quality. The transponder that I scan from has 100% signal and 100% quality and brings all the channels down on it. Like I mentioned before, once stored and viewed the quality goes and no signal is displayed on the screen. All the information regarding the channel is there to view and even all the EPGs for each channel is there.

This is totally doing my nut in . Also tried differant firmware too.

I would have said it could be a problem with the tuner , but then why would I be able to view the Vir**n promo channels that come down on the same transponder.

One more question , if viewing the FTA channels would I need to run mgcamd.

Thanx

Thanks
    Finally got it going , where I was going wrong :-

I was changing the transponder to inculde the the details from my area and then doing a scan, but what I should have been doing was selecting it from the transponder list and ticking the new edited transonders box. Once I did this then the channels came down. the more transponders I changed with the new frequencies and symbol rates and ticked their boxes the more the channels came down.

It was like hitting the jackpot on the fruit machine.

Side thought though - If it took me this long to solve this god knows how long it will take me to get the mgcamd up and running.

Thanx

Thanks
    Glad you guy's have it working, Dvb-c can be really tricky.

Mgcamd is easy to set up, you just need the proper keys, I got mine from the benq toolbar.

Multicas is the better option, as it acts as an emu for cable and cardsharing for satellite, but editing the key's was difficult.

I have the correct key.bin if required, but cannot upload it here.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,
    Not been here for a while, just to let you know, after a lot of attempts got everything up and working, had to scan each TP frequency individually.
    Cheers,
    Eltel2.

Thanks
    so the downturn in channels and n3 begins..a few weeks ago it hit mine...starv**w box a-ok, but az not having any of it, rescanned channel lists, updated firmware-fta only, tried mgcamd as was working before to no avail, then tried mgcamd v 1.35a,,,still nothing. finally downloaded latest multicas, edited the k*ys and ...well you guessed..nothing ...ANY IDEAS????

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you read the other threads you will know that nagra*3 cards have been implicated so blank screens unless you sub or cs* which I do no do.

Thanks

should be working though!

hi, thx for reply, but it is working perfect on my other box...a starv**w, however just not working on azbox:(....anyone got a working emu etc?...and if so which on?..thx.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    You say that you have edited the keys for multicas.Double check to see if the box has received your edited keybin (plugins>opencas>camd setup>multicas>edit and convert keys>nagravision).I found that the box didn't always receive the keybin file after ftp'ing it.

Thanks
    Edit the keys with the remote control

Thanks

oh yeah baby!

GET IN!!!...done it, thanks guys espec stevie as always...anyhow, factory setting inc plugins, updated to latest firmware, installed openxcas, installed latest mgcamd 1.35, ftp softcam, chmod 755 and rebooted!!!thx again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast