Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Das Erste HD/ZDF HD/Arte HD

Thanks
    Am getting quite annoyed as Fortec Star doesn't seem to be interested at all in helping with the problem. They replied to my first email asking me to check other HD channels and after I said that they are fine, no reply. I emailed them again two days ago and so far again no reply.
    The biggest reason for buying a HD receiver was to get ARD and ZDF from the beginning of next year and now those two have disappeared :(
    Shame most of the HD receivers in UK are Freesat branded and I had a Technomate (5400) before and I wasn't too happy with that one, so I wasn't too keen on getting a HD receiver from them

Thanks
    Technomates HD doing fine. Did anyone try the channel editor if you could change the pid there either hex or digital? you can use that channel editor with some limited amount of changes without paying.
    Anyway don't buy a new receiver now, with these HD+ coming up (CI+) receiver. (If you want to watch those other German HD channels) It is not gonna be fun with these CI+ receivers. Handing all content control over to the TV station or SES Astra. Paying every time they feel up to it, not able to record when you want to record and not watch when you want to it, because you're prevented doing so by them!

Thanks
    I mentioned in a few messages back that I used the channel editor and I couldn't enter letters on there either or a 5-digit PID.
    I was thinking of waiting till the whole HD+ starts. But after contacting Astra and a manufacturer of one of the HD+ receivers and both telling me the offer is only available for customers in Germany (for now), I doubt there is much point in waiting for that.
    Ok, it would be nice to have a few more HD channels, but RTL, Sat.1, Pro7 and Kabel 1 won't have a lot of HD content for quite a while and paying a fiver for that each month (if it would have been possible)? And as you mentioned they will have a lot of control (not being able to skip commercial breaks, in some cases you can watch recording just for a couple of days etc) about how you use it. So no thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by denyo1977 View Post
    I tried Setedit, but I couldn't enter any letters for the Hex Value.

saint123 and Rob001, did you update the firmware recently?
    and the decimal value was not possible either?

Thanks
    When I try to enter the 5 digits and click on ok, I only get "Please enter the video PID in the range between 0 and 0x1ff (8191)"

Thanks
    end of story, perhaps someday new firmware?

Thanks
    Not the answer I wanted to hear, but I know there is not much you can do and thanks again!
    saint123 and rob001, could you contact Fortec Star and let them know you got the problem too?

Thanks
    Yes - thanks to everyone for trying so hard on this. I'll put some pressure on Fortec as well. Best wishes to all of you, Rob.

Thanks
    Just a little update:

After being told that the channels are all test channels and that in the end they will only be available on HD+, I think they might have accepted that this is not true. OK, Das Erste HD, ZDF HD and Einsfestival HD are test channels at the moment, but that will be changing soon. Anyway, I got an email on Friday last week saying "... and will have a software by the
    beginning of the week." Not might have, will have! 9 days later and sadely still nothing.

Thanks
    there is an update for the Innovation . If that works let's hope they release a update for the passion/ passion+

Thanks
    I received an email today with a Passion+ software update and I can confirm that I can get all four channels again
    It's not a public release yet, but hopefully this won't take too long.

Thanks
    New firmware out for Innovation...Das Erste HD/ZDF HD/Arte HD/Eins Festival working OK again...

Thanks
    there is now update for passion/passion+ Das Erste HD/ZDF HD/Arte HD/Eins Festival working OK

Thanks
    could anyone point me to a download fo the beta firmware pn2_av125fs_20091117.zip‎ please? the only forum i could find it so far seems to have a prob with registrations.

thx
    Ganja47‎
    Last edited by Ganja47; 29-11-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks
    got it, finally worked out

Thanks

Trying to find a copy of pn2av125fs_20091117.zip

Hi

I'm trying to find a copy of the above file my fortech star has the same issue you guys had and I've put up with it for months thinking the new Releases would fix the problem, can you advise whereI can getthis file please as i have been through all the uploads since September and have been unable to get video with the HD channels you have been talking about.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by earlonics View Post
    Hi

I'm trying to find a copy of the above file my fortech star has the same issue you guys had and I've put up with it for months thinking the new Releases would fix the problem, can you advise whereI can getthis file please as i have been through all the uploads since September and have been unable to get video with the HD channels you have been talking about.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm assuming you have a Passion+

So to view the German HD channels you must use the December 03, 2009 firmware. I know this works as i'm viewing them now.

The only problem with this is that if you then try to view the BBC HD channel, your receiver will probably start to reboot after a short while. This is a known problem, which is why the June 2010 update was released. The June 2010 update is basically the same as the September 10, 2009 firmware which shows BBC HD with no problems but wont display the video from the German channels. So you have a choice of one or the other, but not both.

I keep a copy of the December 03, 2009 and June 2010 firmware on my external hard drive attached to my receiver. That way i can simply change from one to the other when i need to.

I hope this helps you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12