Thread: difference between 9000HD & 910

Thanks

difference between 9000HD & 910

Hiya

I'm looking to buy a new satbox.. I've been looking at the Ipbox as an alternative to Dreambox.

I'm trying to figure out what the difference between the 9000 & the 910 is.. and which I would gain the most from buying...

my "demands" are:

I need 2 cardreaders (but can live with 1 as external USB(smargo))
    As stable a box as possible..
    As good a picture as possible...
    Quick switching between channels (some boxes take forever to change channel)
    Must play standard divx, xvid formats...
    Streaming via network is preferable, but I can live with just using USB stick....

Oh, and as silent as possible.. no noisy fans...

As mentioned I need it for 2 cards, and of course, 2 signals from 2 lnb's.

I want it to be future ready.. meaning I don't want a box with an old crappy tuner, that is ok now, but in 12 months.. it's time to change the tuner...

Any good ideas on what box to choose..

Currently I am thinking the 9000HD, but is it "necessary" or just overkill...? I don't want to compromise in regards to getting a good iamge on a plasma screen..

Hope you guys can give some great advice...

Thanks
    I have IPBox 9000HD. with 2 tyner . Nice box with good picture but not stable, soft has many buggs and not good use it like mediaplayer with files. I think that development has been good and in future it is all OK. But new models come out like IPBox 9900HD, maybe today is better think about this.

Thanks
    the diference betwen this 2 boxses is not that big, but some
    you can say that ipbox 910 has 1 smart card reader and 2 cam slots, and an 2,5" hdd place inside, and possibility for 1 tuner ( you can change it to dvb-s,s2 , dvb-c and dvb-t)

the IPbox 9000 has 2 card readers 2 cam slots, 3,5" place for hdd inside, and possibility for 2 tuners ( you can change it to dvb-s,s2 , dvb-c and dvb-t)
    you can have 1 dvb-s2 and 1 dvb-c, or 2 of the same sort.

I need 2 cardreaders (but can live with 1 as external USB(smargo))
    then you need IP9000, or IP910 with phoenix reader,

As stable a box as possible..
    you cannot have it 100% as it is a box and there is not such thing as 100% stable, but i can say that my box runs very stable here, have not rebooted in at list 6 months here

As good a picture as possible...
    you got that, have not seen a single IPbox/cubereov user complain about picture quality, and some of this users have other boxes they have compare to

Quick switching between channels (some boxes take forever to change channel)
    that dipence on the emu you are going to use, but newcs and mgcamd have a 1-2 sec channel change , so not that bad

Must play standard divx, xvid formats...
    yes it does play those, there is a small problem with the multimedia player, but works OK in general

Streaming via network is preferable, but I can live with just using USB stick....
    you can stream from the box to a PC , if that is what you mean, or from a PC to the box that is not a problem and works OK to

the box is meant for the future, and it has linux so development is there and will be there as long as there are ppl that make software, im not afreid of that and i can say that the box will be here with us in the years to come.

one other good thing is that you can use 3 diferent softwares with the box
    DGS based image, Enigma 1 developed from the a b-c o m , and not the list the Enigma2 developed from Tideglo that is now actualy runing very nice

No image is 100% stable , but they all run ok as long as you set up corrctly in the first place.

hoep that helps , oh and look at Goldwafers they sell Cuberevo that is all similar to IPbox 9000.

Thanks
    hi

first of all..thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer.

The 2 posts paint 2 different pictures.. 1 it's bad.. 2, it's good, not perfect.. but good..

Now Friendly Face.. you don't write what box you have... but I assume that it's the 9000HD...

Would you recommend the 9000HD or the 910 based on my demands?

about streaming I mean... run & decode AVI files (or whatever format) from network... a NAS, the laptop or whatever..

what I'd like is to be able to logon to my NAS from the box, browse to a video file, and play that...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Have a look at the sponser pages on Cuberevo hd boxes

https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/manufac...nufacturerid=3

The Ipbox 9000Hd & Cuberevo both have twin tuners (HD Sat as standard)

You can request alternatives on ordering at extra cost, twin cam & card slots & capacity for internal SATA hardrive

The Cuberevo mini/Ipbox 900 uses external SATA drives

If you do buy one get yourself a USB stick that way u can have DGS based image in flash (such as latest sifteam) & E2 on USB stick

Cheers

Thanks
    well i have 3 diferent type of boxes here, the 9000 / 910 and 900

they work very good to me mate, but i know was dificult in the beggining when i started with them, i did many times mistake and the box was not perfect, but with time i learn and have not a super stable box my self.

i do not have a nas my self , but i can stream from My pc some times, long time since i test this realy and cannot rember how it works, but i mean it is possible to make CIFS/NAS connection with the box, if you read a bit you will find the answer or maybe some one else with the box and Nas can answer.

I my self use a 1TB interial disk on my IP9000 then i send all music, picture, films via ftp to my box , all works perfect now, mostly i use it for music , to play music, films and picture is not so often i use them, as than i can do directly from my PC to the TV

No i said it can run AVI/XVID files, but id does noe run what ever format, that is diferent , dipence on the codes that are used,

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiot View Post
    hi

Now Friendly Face.. you don't write what box you have... but I assume that it's the 9000HD...

Would you recommend the 9000HD or the 910 based on my demands?

about streaming I mean... run & decode AVI files (or whatever format) from network... a NAS, the laptop or whatever..

what I'd like is to be able to logon to my NAS from the box, browse to a video file, and play that...

Thanks
    It all dependent how you want use it.
    I use DGS10513 soft what is last for 9000Hd, same functions working well but not working txt subtitles. Quick swiching between channels causes crash and you need reboot... but it not so big problems, i use teletxt pages for subtitles, wait before go to next channel and all works.
    Yes you can play same media files but just play - no subtitles, go forward or back and other menu funktions.
    Maybe its different with E2 soft but this soft is to big for memory flash and need run from USB. Have tested it but not like, in my opinion that not for this receiver.

Thanks
    hi all

thanks for all your answers.. I truly appreciate it.!

I am interested to know if the 910 is different in regards to tuner, image quality, stability..

If the only difference is a 2nd tuner, AND the 2 internal cardreaders I can save a lot of money by buying the 910 and an external cardreader..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiot View Post
    hi all

thanks for all your answers.. I truly appreciate it.!

I am interested to know if the 910 is different in regards to tuner, image quality, stability..

If the only difference is a 2nd tuner, AND the 2 internal cardreaders I can save a lot of money by buying the 910 and an external cardreader..
    can at list say that the picture and stability is no diference in the 910 compare to 9000,

i have not open the 910 to see what tuner it has, but it is sensitive and delivers good signal , does find even channels that have low signal otherwise.

Image is based on DGS , ther is not muhc diference on them, but you cannot run a 9000 image on the 910, every box version has their own image, the emu, adons, and plugsin are the same as long as i can see