Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BBC wants freeview hd-content encrypting

V.I.P
    Thanks
    face it, freeview hd is gonna be crap, bbchd 1440x1080i, itv 960x1080i both channels dont use enough bitrate to deliver a quality image on a decent size tv. I didnt buy a 1920x1080 screen to watch low res HD either. There bandwidth sucks on satellite, it will suck on terrestrial too.

I dont rate any HD on sat though so some might think its OK. but for me they can ram it.

Thanks
    ime on the same page as you 3tv,whilst i love mi hd telly not because of the hd but because of the screen size,i watched the olymics on hd and sd,looked close to being same to me,it 's more about content for me,saying that i might get a sly hd box next year if i get a phone call of a good offer off em,only my opinion which is often flawed:respect-055:

Thanks
    I have a 42inch panasonic and a humax foxsat and to be honest there dose not seem to be any difference between itv and bbc SD & HD
    I put this down to the upscaling of the humax,

In fact the wife says the same and tells me to go back to the SD channel because the HD channel has a extra logo on the screen.

man

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manhatten View Post
    In fact the wife says the same and tells me to go back to the SD channel because the HD channel has a extra logo on the screen.

man

Trouble is....the women have no interest in Football or HD, as all they care about is the colour of the curtains or what the logo looks like.....

Just ignore them.....they soon realise what is more important...

Thanks
    The only time we spend in the living room together watching tv is when there is football on,

man

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manhatten View Post
    I have a 42inch panasonic and a humax foxsat and to be honest there dose not seem to be any difference between itv and bbc SD & HD
    I put this down to the upscaling of the humax,

man
    I have a 42" Panasonic plasma set by default to 1080p and an Az box again set on 1080p and my picture on BBC hd is noticeably better than on SD.

I have only recently set it up for HD but I am pleased with the picture.
    I have not yet watched ITV hd so cannot comment on that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123