Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Points vital for survival.

Thanks
    I agree with you Terroman wholehartedly, We are not getting let down by the Azbox HD itself, In fact, We all agree that it is a great peice of kit.

We are all being let down by Opensat and Sigma.

All it would take is a weekly update on progress, say every Saturday.

Maybe even the odd changelog, so that we see some progress.

Most of us on the board have had years of experience with satellite recievers, I myself started 30+ years ago with analogue, then dbox, dbox2, dm5620, dm500, technomate and now Azbox HD.

I want only one thing.......That is that my Azbox HD is the best reciever on the market. It has the potential of being a Mazarati, but at the moment, it is just a go-kart without wheels ( Software ).

I dont like Enigma 1 or Enigma 2, but would like the option to use it, while the software is being written.

I like you, are not angry, Just getting frustrated.

Open and Honest debate started off this thread, hanswurscht, maybe you should try and join in

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon3

I have DBox2 and PB-Enigma1 on it. Not bad at all, if one doesn't put in too much stuff, like EMUs and plugins! Let down by the limited memory and the rest of the once great but now aged HW...

Now, imagine a much more capable HW like ours, with a better Sigma driver, new API and all the juice that can come out of all that...

Drooolllliiinnngggggg!!!!!!!!!!!! If we could get those boys to write for this baby - my word... What a feast that would be!!!:respect-054:

Opensat, should you start talking to them?!? What do you think - but put your hand on your heart???

Give them the drivers, just to that team, plus the tools needed!

If clones appear - go for the manufacturers - simple!

Good luck!

Thanks
    I agree with you Goran, Enigma1 would make this box fly, both literally and off the shelves. Unfortunatly though I dont think that we will see that day.

Both my Dbox2 for cable and my DM500 for satellite have channel change times of about .5 seconds with mbox, AZbox > 5 seconds, if they clear at all. This is my biggest problem with the AZbox.

Cant wait for Mower to upgrade Mbox so that it does'nt use Openxcas, thats where the problem stems from.

:respect-053:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The most important point for me is that the azbox MUST be able to record and play video at any format and bitrate,within the specs is built upon.
    The box alone cannot record well,but is made specifically as a PVR,is its biggest irony.
    Sometimes you don't understand how designers can neglect their own work.
    (I could understand it if it were made in korea,since almost none of engineering and manufacturing made there is adequate,and nothing works as advertised)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    my record is 100% working and play "all" Videos, it will never work. Too much different things are out for to make a Video also on PC unplayable but I agree with you, most standard must running

V.I.P
    Thanks
    re video playing,very dissapointed myself with this so far ,i understand theres loads of different file types etc out there ,but you can get a £30 media hddplayer that plays nearly everything you throw at it,but the azbox struggles with most things video related......

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Man ohh man your sponsor doesn't know himself??

Thanks
    Because of the restricted Ethernet LAN speeds you can't put anything on the HDD to play without it taking 3 days to transfer.

That is why I have never really used the multimedia side of the Azbox HD.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp95 View Post
    Man ohh man your sponsor doesn't know himself??
    ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by terrorman View Post
    to => hanswurscht

True, this apparatus does not comply with what it says on the box and in advertising.

I would like to see his face when buying a new car, and its top speed is 10km / h.

When you try to lower the windows, one can do it halfway.

When you want the lights on, only has 10% of electric power.

When you want to go 100km away and can not, your fuel tank is 10 gallon capacity.

I would like to see your face if, after paying $ 22,000 and a credit for 4 years.

---------
    I'm not angry, and it seems, but I'm not.

What if I am, is disappointed!
    Believe it or not cars that fit this description were common place only a few years ago.

The car manufacturer was called MG Rover and they went bust!

Doesn't bode well for Azbox does it!

Thanks
    All that is needed is a FW 1.0

The box has power - we need only a working engine :bravo-009:

Thanks

Exclamation

An email I got today, from the official website, azboxworld . com:

Digo hasta pronto ...Quiero comunicar a todos los colegas del foro que dejo de participar en el mismo, a los actuales y a los que siguieron el proceso desde el inicio, todo este tiempo ha sido de evolucion constante, esto no significa que no este apoyando otros foros que tengan inquietudes de seguir empujando este proceso irreversible y que den medios a sus colaboradores que lo hacen desinteresadamente, afortunadamente los hay.

Saludos a todos los que a lo largo de todo este tiempo han permanecido fieles a la causa, y nos encontraremos pronto APOYANDO INQUIETUDES que se avecinan en el futuro muy proximo.

Hasta siempre
    OPENBIRD ....
    Google translation:
    I say see you soon ... I want to inform all colleagues on the forum I stop participating in it, for both current and those who followed the process from the beginning, all this time has been of constant evolution, this does not mean that this supporting other forums that have concerns to keep pushing this process irreversible and to give his staff means they do selflessly, fortunately there.

Greetings to all those who throughout this time have remained loyal to the cause, and we will soon SUPPORTING CONCERNS ahead in the very near future.
    Well, let's see what it turns into...:beatdeadhorse5:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    not sure how this translates,is it good or bad ??????

Thanks
    After reading this thread I now know that I will never buy an AZBox :001_07::001_07:

Thanks

Icon3

Some are quite pleased, some are not.

Some are more relaxed about having to wait, some aren't.

Some want more from their MMC, some are very content with less.

It all depends on who you are, what your levels of engagement will be, are you spiritually lazy or not, are you frightened with novelty, what previous experiences you had etc. etc.

I can see many developers really enjoying themselves!!!

I can see many enthusiasts really enjoying learning...

I can see myself being quite at ease with it, if...

...what I hear might be quite... hmmm...

Well, let's see... soon, we hope...

Thanks
    sooner or later I'll do the same, take away all of azbox the forum, and not give any support, I'm hoping next events.

and if this does not improve, I sell dreambox 500HD or 800HD

my I do not care if they are a brand or another, what if I ask for is to work with all its features.

Thanks
    If no improvements by the time the DM500HD is out (anyone know when?), the AZB is going and will get a DM500HD and Popcorn Hour, to do all the things that the AZB should be able to do, but cannot!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12