Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ChangeLog 0.9.3281

Thanks
    What about lan/usb speed transfer limit, surely this should be a straight forward simple thing to correct?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genius74 View Post
    Yes, it's a beta firmware, please wait for oficial one.
    I been doing that for ages :respect-055:

Thanks
    does channel list no closes when you press OK button?
    or they still havent fixed this "small" issue LOOOL

Thanks
    Indeed I hate it!

The entrie channel list is impratical in my opinion... I love the enigma way 4 type only (who uses all that lists? No settings use it!) and you choose it with the colored button in the remote NOT pushing EXIT EXIT (absurd I've spent 2 hours to understand how to change from ALL to FAV :ack2: )

Thanks
    anyone knows if its yet on the net or only the changelog.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanoSat View Post
    Indeed I hate it!

The entrie channel list is impratical in my opinion... I love the enigma way 4 type only (who uses all that lists? No settings use it!) and you choose it with the colored button in the remote NOT pushing EXIT EXIT (absurd I've spent 2 hours to understand how to change from ALL to FAV :ack2: )
    I agree, don't see the point of genres when you can set up favorite groups for them. Nobody is going to waste their time looking through genres which are filled up with channels you cant decode or want to watch. I also like the way my eagle lists the channels numbers in order of how they appear in my bouquets so when I select 1 it always goes to BBC1 no matter which bouquet I'm in.

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by chrisuk76 View Post
    What about lan/usb speed transfer limit, surely this should be a straight forward simple thing to correct?
    It would appear not - it needs re-writing of the processor driver, a very hard thing to do, as one needs the src for it and Sigma is not giving it away [something to do with the licences]. Apparently, higher speeds are collapsing the processor, so...

And all else might get better after that. But it all might have to be changed, too... A lot of work, it seems, indeed.

Then, a new, better API, no "intermediaries/interceptors" and hence a different structure altogether, plus different EMUs/CS SW, so it would all be faster and more stable...

But we are hopeful... And that's being carefully announced, kinda "in between" the lines and behind the scenes...

We'll see and we'll believe it when we see it...

In the meantime, good luck!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    It would appear not - it needs re-writing of the processor driver, a very hard thing to do, as one needs the src for it and Sigma is not giving it away [something to do with the licences]. Apparently, higher speeds are collapsing the processor, so...
    I don't know how much of that is true but I am not an expert on it...

I was using the last firmware 3120 or something and I had constant pauses / breaks when watching 28.2 with CCcam client last release and CCcam server 2.1.2.

I got fedup and went back to firmware 1759 which is the last firmware with no restrictions on the ethernet port and now I can watch 28.2 with no breaks or pauses at all.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    I don't know how much of that is true but I am not an expert on it...

I was using the last firmware 3120 or something and I had constant pauses / breaks when watching 28.2 with CCcam client last release and CCcam server 2.1.2.

I got fedup and went back to firmware 1759 which is the last firmware with no restrictions on the ethernet port and now I can watch 28.2 with no breaks or pauses at all.
    thats interesting. I upgraded from 2880 to the 3177/ 3180 and noticed constant freezes when using cccam 2.04/2.11 via terrormans script install method or when using standalone 2.1.1 install. When using standalone 2.1.1 install, i could start it in telnet and watch ecm times, they were excellent but still i was getting constant freezes. I downgraded to 2317 and it was much better. i might try going even further back to 1759 as you have and see how that works. You are sure it has no speed restrictions on the LAN ? does that mean you can play and record high bitrate content?

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon3

Ermmm, another lay person here - isn't that due to reduced cash size, in the new FW? So, we get less stuff decoded, especially with CCcam, even though it can be done... Restarts required or even reboos, at times...

LAN and USB port restrictions have to do more with the high bitrate mkv etc. files, don' they?

LAN speed is good enough to have decent CS. I can verify it.

28'E is more difficult than, say, Viaccess, for CS. Response times are shorter.

Then, it depends, from one moment to the next - how many of you are on the same card/server...

Then, the traffic on the net, in general...

Then, the configuration of your CS SW in relation to the CAS/PID info, prio file etc.

Then, the CS SW itself. They do not work equally well in our machine.

I have really good quality, almost no freezes on 28'E at some time very early in the morning, when most people are sleeping, as there aren't many vampires like me, in the world...:sifone: So, even though it's not a local card in my best server/peer, i.e. it's distance 2, at such times I can still watch it really well!

CCcam is not properly done for our rec, do not forget. It's a hack, with a mediator, so it's all slower than Mbox, which doesn't have it.

It's great we have it and it's a very neat thing, done beautifully by Mower/The_Ripper and sorted for us by Kanber_Kav. But not as it should be.

Allegedly, they are working on it... We hope...:cheers2::respect-051:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Take a look to produce Time for Mbox and for any CCcam variant, and you will see the difference

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i also watch mostly 28.2. i am aware of all the reasons why you can get freezes, but as i said, the ecm times were excellent, i was watching them in a telnet sesion and still i was gettting regular freezes that must be azbox firmware/cccam related.

Normally you start getting pixellation/freezes on NDS if the ecm time is more than 600 msecs. these ecm times were easily less that 400msecs

downgrading to 2137 stopped these particular freezes.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hanswurscht View Post
    Take a look to produce Time for Mbox and for any CCcam variant, and you will see the difference
    i need to work with cccam servers, so Mbox is not an option ( i think)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanoSat View Post
    Indeed I hate it!

Use OK instead off - exit-exit-exit

Thanks
    If I am in the ALL list and I want go in FAV I must press EXIT 2 times... OK does nothing... or there is some trick?

slacker17 I'm with you for the "press 1 goes to BBC1" not "Arabian Nights" :o11: , too!

Thanks
    If it's the BBC you want to watch, just use your TV or watch via the internet.

I didn't buy an Azbox to watch the BBC.

I bought it to get away from the BBC. :beatdeadhorse5:

Thanks
    Arrgh, has this not been released officially yet??

Any of official betatesters like to unofficially comment? :king-042:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    If it's the BBC you want to watch, just use your TV or watch via the internet.

I didn't buy an Azbox to watch the BBC.

I bought it to get away from the BBC. :beatdeadhorse5:
    Nobody was questioning how to get the BBC it was just about a logical order of the epg with continuous channel numbers and how currently there are a lot of key presses to do simple navigation.

By the way have you manually removed the transponder settings for the bbc or any channel that's available on another medium so they don't get automatically tuned in when you scan the satellites? I don't want you breaching your limit of channels and messing your box up!

Thanks
    The BBC1 in my case was an example... I'm in Italy... I should have RAI1 on 1... but it's a very very low quality channel... I wish to have a public service as BBC!

On my Box on 1 I've "Sky Cinema 1"

Thanks
    Any sign of this latest firmware being released?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast