Thread: Format Harddrive for CT5000 HD Combo

Thanks

Format Harddrive for CT5000 HD Combo

I recently bought a Western Digital 500 GB hard-drive for my CT Sat-receiver! I've formatted it FAT32 with their own program, also PC DOS and another FAT32 program but in vain. The CT cannot find the hard-drive.
    My USB memory sticks works fine but hardly of any use if you want to record HD stuff. What FAT-formatting tool do I need? Can anyone help?
    :respect-049:
    Thanks

Thanks
    It is an external powered drive, first power up CT5000 HD Combo then connect the USB connector for harddrive.
    You can use this to format USB harddrive:
    Fat32format 1.05 & Win GUI fat32format 1.0.1.0
    Put a label on the HD volume like CT5000HD
    If it has more then one USB port, use other port, and leave the USB key out. Is there not a setting to select the default USB drive? in the menu?
    In the end on my Technomate, i did work but problematic, I did buy a 250GB non external powerd harddisc and have now the 500GB on the computer.

Thanks
    Thanks for your help. I've managed to format the external drive properly. The only question that remains now is why the eSATA connection doesn't work with the same disc? The USB is fine but for HD recording it might be insufficient. A good idea to have a smaller non external powered harddisc for basic recordings, less hassle!

Thanks
    Esata problem: chipset in box like technomate is for SATA I, WD are probably SATA II

Thanks

Icon12

You can easily spend hours on end sussing out how things work!
    Next hurdle: Lacie USB harddrive 150Gb works fine for PVR recordings but
    trying to edit the files in two different software program DVR Pro2 or Video ReDo TV-suite cause another hic-up!
    Files shorter than 50-55 minutes are stored as TPR-files, that's fine. If your recording is longer you end up with xxx-001-file etc. You cannot glue them together because of missing parts! In a 2-hour show I'll get three different xx-oo1, 002, 003 files plus the standard TPR , IDX and IFO file
    Some restrictions in the Clarke-Tech PVR software? Pretty useless if you want to transfer movies och do***enteries onto DVD!
    Anybody got a clue?

Thanks
    Pasting and cutting is easy done with TS-Doctor and handles HD and converting from .TRP to .TS
    Code:
    http://www.cypheros.de/dvb_e.html

Thanks
    Hi again
    TS_Doctor seems to work although very much on a raw and basic editing level. DVR Pro on the other hand lacks easy merging and easy listening features, quite surprised for 75 Euro. You would expect much more. Overall feature rich but hard to handle, spent considerable time to work out it's features but the foundation seem to be shaky, to say the least. No razor sharp editing when you can't listen to your whole file. I'll write to them and complain. I'm pretty new to video-editing but work professionelly with audio editing, quite a big leap.

Thanks
    TS_Doctor, main use:
    • joining .trp parts to one piece. (over 1.5 GB)
    • Converting from .trp to .ts (more programs work with the .ts)
    • fixing errors in stream
    • rough cut

it is not an editing program.