Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: has anyone got a LG HD TELLIE??

Thanks
    no live links outside the forum, please: coding your external links to <= click here!

_________________________________ ___________________________
    Thanks is usually done by clicking the on the left hand of a posting.
    Appreciation of a thread is done on top of the current forumpage you're reading:
    Thread Tools ▼ Search this Thread Rate ▼ Rate Thread ▼
    with these options
    O Exellent
    O Good
    O Average
    O Bad
    O Terrible

If your happy using this forum, please help to keep it ongoing: Donate? <= click here

thank you for your time reading this, enjoy,

Giga
    Last edited by Giga; 22-08-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks
    sorry giga didnt think tv would b a problem to sponsor.....

will keep in mind for future posts...............

cheers jas

Banned
    Thanks
    saw some more tellies today inc a lg 60" it was too massive!!!
    so the lg 50 will be my choice,, now its a matter of buying one!! and i fancy a cabinet to put it on!

Thanks
    be glad when this saga is over as it has been going most of this year !!

or is it just a ploy to increase post count ?

I cant imagine what its like when he orders a takeaway !!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrybhoy View Post
    I have the 42in LG Plasma mate... The AZbox HD channels look amazing on it!
    Please do not confuse Keith,,,,

He has taken a long time to make a decision to buy a new telly.. so let him buy it to eventually close this thread!

Last I heard he bought a diablo cam, spammed the forum on how to load it,, then bought a g"mma card some confusion there also on other sites..

How will he manage an Azbox HD???

Regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    be glad when this saga is over as it has been going most of this year !!

or is it just a ploy to increase post count ?

I cant imagine what its like when he orders a takeaway !!

AZbox h.d !! i have the darkbox h.d maybe time for upgrade ..

haha another count to me :respect-040:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by james325ise View Post
    AZbox h.d !! i have the darkbox h.d maybe time for upgrade ..

haha another count to me :respect-040:
    You maybe miss the point!

Its not the postings count that matter on this or other forums..

Its if you have a genuine query/question that has not been posted before ( do a search first ) on the forums that you are a member of, or cannot be answered from searching the internet for answers...

If you can with your hand on your heart say after doing the above you cannot find the answer, then open a new thread in the appropriate section!

Most members are more than willing to help other members with their queries/questions/problems. as someone has experienced the same before....

Regards

Thanks
    skomedal not arguing or trying to argue.. >unless i have dxdy on my side lol

most of my posts have been to try and help....give advise etc..

spending £1k on a tv is quite a big thing really...so if the advise given helps iron out any worries its good no ?

didnt take it you were having a go at me ...least i dont think you were ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by james325ise View Post
    skomedal not arguing or trying to argue.. >unless i have dxdy on my side lol

most of my posts have been to try and help....give advise etc..

spending £1k on a tv is quite a big thing really...so if the advise given helps iron out any worries its good no ?

didnt take it you were having a go at me ...least i dont think you were ?
    Relax...
    Not taking a dig/argueing with you!!

Do an advanced search at the top of this side,and type in the name keith mawer,,, the you will see how he posts irrelavant answers/queries to this and other forums----

Keith is a well known character to this and other sites,,,,

He only had to go to different telly shops to veiw the kit he was interested in, in the right atmosphere and make a choice....

As everyone might not see the same quality with the same setup its up to the indiviual to decide,,, ( setup )

But saying this black and white/colour is the same for a blind person:

Regards

Banned
    Thanks
    WELL MY NEXT POST RE THIS THREAD,, WILL BE TO ANNOUNCE I ACTUALLY HAVE A HD TV,,, at least i now know the model i want!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keith mawer View Post
    WELL MY NEXT POST RE THIS THREAD,, WILL BE TO ANNOUNCE I ACTUALLY HAVE A HD TV,,, at least i now know the model i want!
    We'll hear from you again in a few years time then Keith. :smilielol5:

Banned
    Thanks
    back!!!!!!! if any one is interested! yesterday i took the 1st step have ordered a 152cm wide 60 cms high brown mahogny entertainment unit so all the equipment will go inside,,,,
    as soon as it arrives its 100% after a tellie LCD OR PLASMA..
    well i rang a guy at sony and he said go for a lcd!! ummmm

Thanks
    You can't watch TV with just a cabinet .

It's a step nearer to your dream though. :bravo-009:

Thanks
    I bought the LG 50ps3000 a while back and have not been disappointed. I paid £799 with 5yr warranty from JL and originally was going to opt for the panny G10 model but the 5yr warranty swung it for me. Theres even a secret menu to enable divx through usb.

Thanks
    Have just bought an LG 37TF7700 lcd tv.
    Spent ages looking at all different models and makes.
    As much as i would of gone for a 42" (or bigger) common sense kicked in and went for a 37" ( and some SERIOUS lookes from the misses!!)
    Bought it from a hi-fi mainly shop (Ri*HER SO*NDS) who priced matched an online store. Total price tv £549.95 + 5 year warrenty £54.95 =£604.90. If after 5 years you haven't used the warrenty you can claim it back!!
    Tv is great, easy to set up and has a built in Freesat + Freeview tuners, so swung my dish around and run a flylead from my dreambox and BBCHD + LUXE.TV no problem. Shop advised me that a 37" would get a better picture than a larger one as the pixels arn't as large, and comparing them in the shop they were right. Non HD pictures i dont think are as good as my normal telly were, but told that is the case with most flat screens.
    Blue ray films from my PS3 are amazing and so are the games.
    Hope this is of help to someone.
    Stand came from a Chester retailer, they also have an online store www.st*ndl*nd.co.uk (*=same letter missing!!) and if you collect you get 10% off.
    Just waiting until Sunday for S*Y to be installed. Works out slightly dearer than BT and *** combined but they did 1 year free line rental for going over to them, so quite a saving.
    Hope this helps someone. Ive been pestering the misses to get this for ages and its well worth it. Roll on more HD!!
    Hope this is of use to someone

Banned
    Thanks
    many tnks m8 was particular interested in the lg 50" comments,, one hears so much about juddering ie movement,,, amd i guess thats what i am thinking about!"!! but at least i now have a LG IN MIND.. so its lcd or plasma ,

also i guess the standard tv picture quality
    thingy is a bit of a concern as most tellie programmes are in standardformat right now

finally over the bank holiday i saw LG 50" PLASMA AT £999 REDUCED TO £699 EMMMM
    Last edited by keith mawer; 09-09-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks
    The next size up to mine had 100hz motion flow feature. All the tv's in the store had bad freeview pictures on them. S*y news had blurs around the name.I think unless you have a massive room (ours is only about 12' x 12') then anything over 37" - 40" is going to look massive. I would of gone for a bigger one but somewhere common sense came in.Explained to me in shop that the bigger the screen size the bigger the pixels will be, ie. you are going to see more distortion on standard definition pictures. Unles you have a hd receiver or s*y the freesat only has bbc hd, itv hd and luxe.tv, so you are going to be watching a lot of freeview.Only my thoughts and experiance as i have spend months looking around before finally getting the misses won over to buy one. Go out and get one as the hd is great, so much so i am gonna get s*y hd!!! Good luck in your choice

Thanks
    so glad you are almost made your mind up you have listened to all the comments about which television to buy now go to the store choose the model you are interested in play around with the remote set it up for your eyes then go online and purchase and save yourself a few hundred sheets then come back and tell us all that you have BOUGHT THE DAM THING:respect-055::respect-055::respect-055::respect-055:

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    many tnks m8 was particular interested in the lg 50" comments,, one hears so much about juddering ie movement,,, amd i guess thats what i am thinking about!"!! but at least i now have a LG IN MIND.. so its lcd or plasma ,

also i guess the standard tv picture quality
    thingy is a bit of a concern as most tellie programmes are in standardformat right now

finally over the bank holiday i saw LG 50" PLASMA AT £999 REDUCED TO £699 EMMMM
    The main cause of judder is playing something at one frame rate with the screen at a different refresh rate

If you play blu ray at 24fps and the screen at a refresh rate of either 24Hz or 72Hz (which is 3 x 24Hz = 72Hz) it will be perfectly smooth, screens that cant do this have to do some jiggery pokery with the frames some do it well and some don't hence the problem with judder

Quote Originally Posted by gbazza68 View Post
    The next size up to mine had 100hz motion flow feature. All the tv's in the store had bad freeview pictures on them. S*y news had blurs around the name.I think unless you have a massive room (ours is only about 12' x 12') then anything over 37" - 40" is going to look massive. I would of gone for a bigger one but somewhere common sense came in.Explained to me in shop that the bigger the screen size the bigger the pixels will be, ie. you are going to see more distortion on standard definition pictures. Unles you have a hd receiver or s*y the freesat only has bbc hd, itv hd and luxe.tv, so you are going to be watching a lot of freeview.Only my thoughts and experiance as i have spend months looking around before finally getting the misses won over to buy one. Go out and get one as the hd is great, so much so i am gonna get s*y hd!!! Good luck in your choice
    Some of this is true, but the bigger pixel and smaller screen stuff is a two way street so you have to decide whats more important

Smaller screen smaller pixels look better with SD broadcast because the screen cant show the detail good or bad you would have to get very close to notice those bad points in a bad broadcast the flip side is with HD stuff you miss all the extra detail it brings, you might have a nice clean image which looks great compared to SD but your missing loads of detail put your PC through you screen and see if you can read the text at your sitting distance, it kind of defeats the object of getting a HD screen and lets face it they may be bigger pixels but you still cant see them on a 50" or 60" screen without a magnifying glass

You need to try and find a compromise in size and distance because some SD broadcasts can be bad and your notice more sitting close but with HD you can sit much closer to far away and your miss detail and don't forget when talking about SD looking bad its broadcasts that are the problem not the screen SD from other sources like DVD etc can look great

I have a 50" at 11 ft and its just right for SD broadcasts and HD content

keith you should think about a 3D screen because I've got a feeling there be in the shops by the time you made up your mind

TNT

Thanks
    back!!!!!!! if any one is interested! yesterday i took the 1st step have ordered a 152cm wide 60 cms high brown mahogny entertainment unit so all the equipment will go inside,,,,
    as soon as it arrives its 100% after a tellie LCD OR PLASMA..
    well i rang a guy at sony and he said go for a lcd!! ummmm
    Hi keith any chance of a link for that cabinet Im on the look out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast