Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: has anyone got a LG HD TELLIE??

Banned
    Thanks
    ok have decided more or less on a lg-50s7000 600 mgz and 1080 hd, 4 hdmi/2 scarts,,
    was quite amazed at the price also.. on a comparison site it was £1000 down to £871 and the lower price was with a well known firm!!
    i phoned LG TODAY and spoke to a guy who said given the choice he would go for the plasma and if using for games or a pc a lcd. seeimg i wont use games may be a plasma now.

Thanks

Exclamation

Enjoy your viewing!
    don't forget to turn the heating down and place some additional fan's to cool the place down in summer. :respect-050:
    some advisory found:
    • Provide a solid foundation: Be sure the plasma screen is placed (or mounted) in an area where it will not be “knocked around” or will accidentally fall.
    • Let it breathe: Plasma screens generate a lot of heat which can speed the demise of the electrical components of the unit. Be sure the TV has enough open space around it. The manufacturer will provide venting guidelines.
    • Stay dry: Exposure to excessive humidity, spills, or condensation due to rapid changes in temperature can destroy electrical components and cause corrosion.
    • Tone it down: Rooms with lower ambient light require less brightness. Brightness levels that are set too high will prematurely age the phosphor lining of the plasma screen.
    • Keep it cool: As alluded to above, plasma screens require a cool environment, due primarily to the heat they generate. Outdoor placement of a plasma screen is a no-no due to the exposure to heat, humidity, other moisture, and dirt.
    • Use a little "elbow grease"- but not too much: Keep the screen clean with the proper tools. Manufacturers seldom recommend strong cleaners. Most often a micro fiber cloth is recommended which is effective in ridding the screen of dust and finger prints. When more aggressive cleaning is necessary cleaners specifically made for plasma or PC screens (anti-static cleaners) are used but should never be sprayed directly on the screen. The cleaner should be applied to the cloth. Use of paper towels, Kleenex, or any other abrasive type cloths should be avoided as they can damage the anti-glare coating.
    • Don't get burnt: Although anti-burn in technology has advanced greatly over the years, it is best to avoid leaving static images on the screen. This means that images should not be paused on the screen for extended periods of time and stations which present a static block/image on the screen should be viewed on a limited basis as well. Hooking your PC up to a plasma screen is also inadvisable as they are often used to display static images.
    • Help your plasma TV weather the storm: This is just common sense; use a surge protector.
    • Prevent pre-mature aging: The final word of caution; turn plasma screens off when not in use. This can help avoid accidental burn in, reduce heat, and help to avoid decreased brightness/pre-mature aging.
    Code:
    Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Christine_Peppler

Thanks
    yes sorry m8 didnt catch thread for a few days....

been busy watching blu-ray and playing games on ps3 lol

ok yes i have LG 60" plasma .............had nearly a yr and the glass is still perfect...and 3 kids in the house !!! lol

( mind you the law in the house is I'M the only one who polish's the glass !! lol )

the footie is fine no problems with ghosting etc... and in H.D mnnnnnnnnn
    Last edited by james325ise; 18-08-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    TNKS JAMES.... in case u read this!! do u have 5.1 surround sound ie home cinema?? they seem expensive with blue ray!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by james325ise View Post
    >8 >8 ( mind you the law in the house is I'M the only one who polish's the glass !! lol )>8 >8
    Kleenex, or any other abrasive type cloths should be avoided as they can damage the anti-glare coating.

Thanks
    5.1?: blu-ray => 7.1

Thanks
    I have the LG 42LH5000-ZB. (200Hz).
    If you use the full 200Hz whele watching a movie, it gifs cost images around a person.

Verified Registered User cricketbattony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keith mawer View Post
    i cant make my mind up , if to buy 1,, as i hear so many conflicting reports. some say they are good others so so!!
    was thinking of a 50"lcd LG MODEL.
    any one who has one appreciate any views...
    Hi Keith i have had plasma tvs for about 6 years.in my bedroom i have a 42" non hd and in my living room a 60" hdd model 60pf95,both tvs are Lg.
    when i could get the hd channels on thor the pictures on my 60" were out of this world,i personally my self would recomend lg,i hope this helps good luck respectfully cricketbattony

Thanks
    Got LG 50 4000 1080p Hd, fantastic crystal clear ps3 and blu ray, also on Hd sat with upscale. 600hz perfect no motion blur, only downside is now normal 720 looks naff sometimes but that due to the stb not the tv.
    For the price get one. Settings for it are massive with rgb adjustment in pro mode, you need to mess around to get the best picture for the pro user.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga View Post
    5.1?: blu-ray => 7.1
    audio ... nothing to do with blue-ray a good amp can produce its own signal in 7.1 or whatever it is 5.1 or 6.1 ( obviously if its connected to something that can produce say 6.1 even better as the amp doesnt have to fake the 6.1 signal...

as kindly pointed out by giga..5.1 is kinda old now...

im running yamaha 7.1 with kef q series... etc

flee-bay can b a good source for good audio cheap..... just need to keep looking..

bought my yamaha from a shop who have now learnt a good lesson.

no reserve..... paid £229.........receipt came with the amp from the shop..

cash £229 manager discount £572 !!! someone got their ass kicked...
    Last edited by james325ise; 19-08-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    well i wont confuse my self ,, but on the home cinema decided to connect via a optical cable to a sly receiver so i can get 5.1

there is 1 thing blue ray package seems to work out so expensive, i have seen blue ray players at £130... but the blue ray packages seem£530!!

Thanks
    depends what the package is i suppose ????

can you say what the package is to get some idea ?

cheers jas

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keith mawer View Post
    well i wont confuse my self ,, but on the home cinema decided to connect via a optical cable to a sly receiver so i can get 5.1

there is 1 thing blue ray package seems to work out so expensive, i have seen blue ray players at £130... but the blue ray packages seem£530!!
    Its worth keeping your eyes on AVForums classifieds they have an amp and speaker section and as they are all enthusiasts on there most of the stuff that turns up is in excellent condition

You might pick up an amp that was originally a thousand or more a couple of years ago for around £250, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo etc obviously wont be HD Audio over HDMI but you would still have analogue for that plus optical or coaxal for everything else, your also get stuff cheaper than that to

But its like anything the more you learn the better equipped you are to find yourself a bargain

Happy Hunting :respect-051:

TNT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Its worth keeping your eyes on AVForums classifieds they have an amp and speaker section and as they are all enthusiasts on there most of the stuff that turns up is in excellent condition

TNT
    to b honest TNT i found the AV forums a bit expensive > they know what they have so they want top money....

even see some guys selling blue-rays for more that you can buy new on HMV

just a quickie look at set up so far..

Last edited by james325ise; 20-08-2009 at 08:30 AM.

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    to b honest TNT i found the AV forums a bit expensive > they know what they have so they want top money....
    Hmmmmm seems the other way round to me they wont pay over the odds for anything

I certainly seen some bargains as far as amps go and I check in there every day

From memory didn't you try and sell your speakers on there as that picture rings a bell

TNT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    From memory didn't you try and sell your speakers on there as that picture rings a bell

TNT
    no m8 ....i was going to swap them for some smaller kef's

fortunately i came to my senses :respect-050:

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    no m8 ....i was going to swap them for some smaller kef's

fortunately i came to my senses :respect-050:
    Nearly right new I had seen them before think you made the right choice keeping them :respect-051:

TNT

Thanks
    so keith...........when we gona get to see your choice of telly ...........

Banned
    Thanks
    WELL JAMES IT WILL BE THE LG50PS7000 THATS THE ONE I WANT £871.
    I HAVE SEEN A LOVELY ENTERTAINMENT,,, unit for it to go on also. but may be 1 step at a time.. so i will have to order the tv /OBLONG METAL STAND and a dvd 5.1 surround sound and when i get the sly hd receiver will connect via a optical cable,, NOT A AMP UNIT I DONT WANT ANOTHER BOX!

Thanks
    have you allready bought the dvd player keith ?

also not sure if link will work ,,,, but hope it possibly save some $$

price any better ?

_http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2900937/art/lg/50ps7000-plasma-screen.html?srcid=369&Partenaire= affiliatewindow&CodePromo=oui&src id=369
    Last edited by james325ise; 22-08-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast