Thread: az box picture quality

Thanks

az box picture quality

i borrowed my mates az box for the weekend and to my surprise the picture quality is not as good as my kathrein ufs 910 and my topfield 7710.i thought with the sigma chip,the receiver should be producing hd-like quality pictures on normal channels.

im seriously thinking of buying this receiver but i'm slightly concerned with the pq.will the picture quality get better with future firmware updates?

any advice will be much appreciated

Thanks
    HD channels pictures quality is good, the problem is with SD channels, I have better quality with my DM500S, I doubt it will get better with new firmware.

Thanks
    I think SD is very good as compared with Freesat HD and the MVision HD200. What I found is that I had to play with the picture settings on my TV a lot more than other boxes (mostly to make to take brightness out which had a greying effect mostly on HD but also SD). But the sharpness of the SD picture is really good on my Sony W4000 with no artifacts at all on sports and movies are crisp and colourful with clear blacks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    what i've seen so far,i've been quite impressed,in some cases it's sharper than my dm800
    cheers
    kmc

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you watch .avi with low resolution you can see how good they look... hope they can do the same with TV input... I also have Kathrein and pq is not as good on SD. HD looks the same on my TV set.

Wish they improve SD quality on future firmware releases... (don't know if what I see on .avi is possible MPEG4 avi versus MPEG2 ts).
    BTW on Kathrein .avis look terrible...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tinos View Post
    If you watch .avi with low resolution you can see how good they look... hope they can do the same with TV input... I also have Kathrein and pq is not as good on SD. HD looks the same on my TV set.

Wish they improve SD quality on future firmware releases... (don't know if what I see on .avi is possible MPEG4 avi versus MPEG2 ts).
    BTW on Kathrein .avis look terrible...

are sure kathrein pq is not as good on sd? i think kathrein is the only receiver that sd channels almost look like hd quality (with the original firmware and not e2 image,looks as if picture degrades slightly with e2).

i have the dreambox 800(already sold),kathrein ufs 910 and topfield 7700.sd/hd channels pictures is amazing in kathy in comparison with the other two boxes.

i have to admit it is not the most user friendly receiver and support is not very good and that is the reason i am considering the az box but when i tested my mates az box over the weekend i was very disappointed with sd picture. therefore dont know what to do now

i still using the kathrein and will not get rid of it because of its fantastic pq although the receiver could be a headache to use