Thread: Badr 26oE on Manhattan Starlight 6800

Thanks

Badr 26oE on Manhattan Starlight 6800

Hi Guys, wonder if anyone can help me install Badr on my Manhattan Starlight 6800, I have 1m dish which is motorised and i get all satellites from Astra 28.2oE to Atlantic Bird 5oW without any problems, but for some reason Badr is a problem, I have noticed that my receiver does not list the satellite as Badr but it shows it under Arabsat 26oE, could this be the problem? please advise if you had any experience with similar problems. Many thanks and best regards.
    PS: not sure if it helps but am in London.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I would think its down to dish alighnment, It is so close to astra 28 and its so easy to miss unless the dish is spot on. my dish is a 1m one in the midlands
    cheers

Thanks
    12.130 V 27.500 3/4

Dubai sport

maybe the strongest signal from badr

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I also use the manhattan 26e listed as arabsat is not a problem but as stated your dish size or alignment could be the problem

Thanks
    I had trouble getting 26e on a 1m dish in the NW, i couldn't get it at all on usals so i switched to diseqc 1.2 & nudged it east or west & eventually got a signal. I get the mbc channels at 40% Quality which is ok for viewing but when it drops below this due to the weather etc., i get picture breakup. As nosmo king said Dubai Sport seems slightly stronger, i get this at 50% quality. If i can get it up here on the same size dish you should have no trouble where you are, just keep tweaking & you should get it.

Thanks
    Thanks guys for ll your suggestions which i shall follow tonight and will post the outcome. Cheers

Thanks
    I have managed to get some channels but not all, not sure if this is due to bad weather at the moment or down to my installation. other down point is that now i have lost my Thor and intelsat due to inclination, is there anyway this can be resolved? would a bigger dish than 1m help? thanks aain to all who assisted me.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I use a 1m Triax dish in the east midlands with a Manhattan ST550, and the picture on Badr 26E disappears when it rains, so a bigger dish would indeed help. I found moving the lnb forwards and backwards in its clamp to peak the signal helped a lot.

Oh, and I hope you are not looking for KBS World, as that has just moved to a very weak transponder - no chance with a 1m dish unless you are living in the middle east.

Thanks
    zeca i am in n.ireland and can get mbc at 69% on 1m dish. how good is your lnb, try tweaking it as this got me an extra 6 to 7 % on this sat which enabled me to get mbc channels as i could not get it before. but most of all i think the guys have said it, sounds very like your dish alignment. i would think you should not have a problem in london getting 26e with 1m dish.
    hope this helps m8.

Thanks
    Thanks everyone for your assistance.
    Harry what do you mean with tweaking the LNB, (excuse my ignorance) but i thought the LNB is supposed to be fixed, maybe if you advise me on how i could do that would be great. i have a Sharp 0.3 LNB and been told that an LNB also have an effect depending how good they are.
    What about me losing the ARC, is it cos i had the inclination too far? please help
    Regards
    Zeca

Thanks
    tweaking is just twisting the lnb slightly to either left or right looking to see if signal increases. usually pulls a bit more in % wise. trial and error without a meter. if signal drops twist it the opposite way.