Thread: disecq 1.2 and az hd

Thanks

disecq 1.2 and az hd

i am at boiling point m y old 6800 can get everything on my motor - i have never used usals - my new az hd seems can olnly ge 13e on it;s own.

i have to say that compared to the tm 6800's diseq controls - the ax box's are poor in comparison - i am having to line up wit sat with my 6800 and then feed the sat cable into the az hd box to change satellite at the minute -

on the diseq controls - if i have a stong transponder selected and press step size continue and east or west surely i should get some sats with qality ?

how big is a step size ?

can anyone please help me - have you set up using a diseq motor - how did you do it ?

Thanks
    have you set up using a diseq motor
    Yes

- how did you do it ?
    Cant remember but it was quite painless and nothing out of the ordinary

how big is a step size
    1 /2/ 3/ 4 =Tiny ..... very very tiny, continuous = the dish will drive east / west for aslong as you are holding the button.

I recon that as the dish motor has stored locations on it... they will need to be cleared /reset

Start with you dish set to your zero position then clear all the stored settings, then connect to the azbox and store that sat as your zero... then you can start searching east / west.

Good luck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiemcd View Post
    i am at boiling point m y old 6800 can get everything on my motor - i have never used usals - my new az hd seems can olnly ge 13e on it;s own.
    There is no autotune on the Azboz for Diseqc dish.

Unfortunately there is also no GOTO position XX, so you can't goto previously stored positions on your Vbox.

I made my own spreadsheet of my Vbox positions and dish position number some time ago.

When I install a new receiver I just refer to my spreadsheet which for example says that 210 on my vbox Position 2 is Astra 19E, so on Azbox I just move the dish to 210, and then SAVE as and select 2 for position 2.

Thanks
    Using later firmware you can select the vbox position from the sat setup and save. think it goes upto 99.

Auto is the first option which will store at the next available vbox position. if you select left or right from the auto positon you can set the poistion you wish to match with. Then save once set up copy your channels to Pc using the correct channel editor for your firmware. To save having to do it again.

If you have not got a vbox setup you will have to o it manually one sat at a time. Jogging the dish the the next sat then store with Azbox which will also store on the vbox.

Smudger
    Last edited by Smudger; 07-08-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Using later firmware you can select the vbox position from the sat setup and save. think it goes upto 99.
    I don't have a newer version than public 0.9.2880.

In Diseqc 1.2 mode I only get option to goto 0 or Goto current saved position.

There is no option to GOTO any position like there is on a Dreambox for example.

In the beeches
    Thanks
    The other way you can set up the AZ Box with DiSEqC 1.2 (as with a vBox) is to use AZBoxEdit to store all your existing DiSEqC numbers.

Then send the updated channel/satellite list back to the AZ Box.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    The other way you can set up the AZ Box with DiSEqC 1.2 (as with a vBox) is to use AZBoxEdit to store all your existing DiSEqC numbers.

Then send the updated channel/satellite list back to the AZ Box.
    Except that does not always work.

Especially when they change the settings format with each version.

Last firmware version lost all dish positions and editor was useless to restore dish positions as the format had changed.

In the beeches
    Thanks
    Good warning. I read about these problems so I kept to 0.9.2371 for the firmware and 0.9.2371 for AZ Box edit.

It worked for me. I did it as simply as possible.

1/ Downloaded channel list from AZ Box
    2/ Edited in all my existing DiSEqC numbers (IMPORTANT: do nothing else)
    3/ Send settings back to box.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    I don't have a newer version than public 0.9.2880.

In Diseqc 1.2 mode I only get option to goto 0 or Goto current saved position.

There is no option to GOTO any position like there is on a Dreambox for example.
    Oh yes they is I use 2880.
    When you select the save option another option appears below default is auto. move down to auto then use left and right to select position you require.

So setup vbox positions then do above to select vbox position you want the azbox to use for the sat your setting up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    When you select the save option another option appears below default is auto. move down to auto then use left and right to select position you require.

So setup vbox positions then do above to select vbox position you want the azbox to use for the sat your setting up.
    Yes, I know you can save to position xx, but you can't go to it if you have never saved it using your Azbox.

For example...I take Azbox from factory floor.....

I can't tell Azbox to GOTO position 2 which I know is Astra 19E already stored on my Vbox long before Azbox ever existed.
    Last edited by xanadu; 07-08-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    Yes, I know you can save to position xx, but you can't go to it if you have never saved it using your Azbox.

For example...I take Azbox from factory floor.....

I can't tell Azbox to GOTO position 2 which I know is Astra 19E already stored on my Vbox long before Azbox ever existed.
    Once you've scanned the sat by moving with vbox first it does or did. I must admit I set al this up on a previous version from scratch when this option first appeared and not with 2880 as I just reinstalled my previous sat channels using 2880 channel editor.

I used vbox to move to know sat scanned then set position used by the vbox position in azbox settings. If this does not work anymore maybe it will return.

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon12

Don't use GOTO stuff yet, I think...

In AZbox Editor - every time you change something you must click on Update Satellite button [BEFORE YOU GO TO ANOTHER SATELLITE POSITION] or you will lose your changes.

There is a lot of stuff you can edit internally, via remote - with ease!!! Using mostly the OK button -> go to a satellite position or a channel, then -> MENU button on your left side of the remote [next to the left arrow <]. There you will have Delete, Move, Rename, Create, Add to etc. etc. Simple and effective! If the editor doesn't work for you...

Search function on Satpimps will reveal more, I think... This section had a fair number of posts re. DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS...:respect-048: