Thread: Latest UR image ?

Thanks

Latest UR image ?

This evening I decided to update my TM-9100 with the latest UR image which according to posts on several forums is ver 18 (Released February 2009). However, after installing this image the Information/About is stating the following:

rel 0.1.7
    Rel. Date: 12/12/08

I have tried with two different downloads from two different sources but the end result is always like above!

So the question is: Do I have the latest UR image? If not which is the latest rel number and rel date?

Thanks
    I updated my TM-9101 to UR18 last night also! Mine says 0.1.7 - I think the release info/date wasn't updated in the UR18 Image.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by idealworld View Post
    I updated my TM-9101 to UR18 last night also! Mine says 0.1.7 - I think the release info/date wasn't updated in the UR18 Image.
    Thanks ... so hopefully we do have the latest release :applause-003:

Thanks
    I tried UR18, but its not a patch on EDG nemesis 4.4. 2 Weeks and not a restart.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    for me ur 18 is 100% stable . I think it is a well supported image and i like the smartcard info bit of it ( check cccam etc ) It does everything I wan,t
    cheers

Thanks
    UR 18 by a mile. Since I installed it ( when it first came out ) not one crash, It just works, after all thats what we all want. Thanks UR team for that. :respect-050:

PS in the firmware section I called it UK 18, sorry.
    PPS If you want extra info just edit the CCcam cfg to goto the screen.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    UR 18 by a mile. Since I installed it ( when it first came out ) not one crash, It just works, after all thats what we all want. Thanks UR team for that. :respect-050:

PS in the firmware section I called it UK 18, sorry.
    PPS If you want extra info just edit the CCcam cfg to goto the screen.
    yep , have to agree here , been stable since I installed in on my main box in the flash , which I do not usually do

and just checked mine and it does say ur17 with august 2008 as the date , just not been renamed , but either way its a good image

I am surprised there havent been any newer images about though , long time since we had any

Thanks
    what site do i go to ,to download images for tm9100

Thanks
    check the sticky threads at the top of this forum

Thanks
    where can i download t/m 005 and 009 files nothing on t/m site

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harrycoates6 View Post
    where can i download t/m 005 and 009 files nothing on t/m site
    as mentioned on the post above yours in reply to your previous post !!

check the sticky threads at the top of this forum

and do not use them on a tm9100 super or tm9101 , only on a 9100 , although frankly they are only for use as a starter before using 3rd party images

you will also find tm011 there as well

Thanks
    thanks echelon. I am still waiting the return of my 9100s from dealer who passed it on to t/mate meanwhile i have been reading up on various forums on 9100s just to pass the time until its returned.I want to make sure i dont mess it up again. For me what would you advise as the safest way to load ur18 image when i get it back regards Harry

Thanks
    if its a 9100s I dont know why you want tm005 or tm009 !! ( unless you wish to kill it again ? )

and it would be quite easy to mess it up again no matter what you do , thats the nature of the beast

if you want to experiment , I would use the ds flash image and jiboot , and install images on an sd card while you mess about learning , that way you only do the flash once for now
    and any messing is on a cheap sub-£5 1 or 2 gig sd card

if you are determined to put ur18 in the flash , you should use a null modem cable and serial load it after performing a factory reset , and then factory reset again after loading this flash , so before and after , and use serial load with tcc6 or maybe tcc7.1 ( I used tcc6 )

Thanks
    Thanks for your comments and advice Echelon much appreciated.I already have the image on an sd card and from what you are saying if i put the card in the card slot and switch on at the back the box will boot up on the sd card and run the image without loading it in the flash thus avoiding damage to the boot flash.If that is the case that is what i should have done to begin with Many thanks once again. Harry PS. Do you know where i can buy a made upjtag cable for the 9100s just in case

Thanks
    I dont know where you can buy a jtag , no

you need the boot image in the flash , and jiboot installed in order to allow you to boot the sdcard images

I usually use the dsteam dual boot image for this flash boot , and jiboot is installed so you get the menu of the images on the sdcard , and boot one of them

Thanks
    Last year that well known internet shopping site had Jtag cables and info. Might be worth a check there if you need one.

Thanks
    More good advice from Echelon ,many thanks again. To Traveller if you mean e/*** I have already tried , but i will try again today. However if the p/o workers go on national strike i am afraid it will be a few more weeks before i even get my t/m 9100s back from technomate.I will keep scouring all the forums for the info i want until i get it. I will feel a lot more secure then in case of any further cockup. At least i will have the equiptment and software to jtag it myself. Thanks to all members for your advice and help. Harry

Thanks
    I made my own jtag a couple of years ago , thankfully I have never had to use it but I do not like messing with the flash on this box , and serial loading is usually the safest option ( with factory reset before and after )