Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enigma 2 on azbox!!!

Thanks
    I've watched that 8000 video on youtube it works like a Dream LOL
    with same CPU and tuner 500 Hd looks very promising to me
    p.s I believe 90% of us may buy 8000 if the price was between 400-500 ... 8000 well overpriced lovely receiver

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Im not sure what to do. I cant hold AZHD without Twinfunktion, also an E2 will not help to make it

I have now all Tuners and test it, it works, but only on Combo(can only use 1 Tuner at the same Time)
    I will wait another 4 Weeks, maybe some magical happens

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon3

I wouldn't, iko!!!! And it doesn't matter, the price etc. I just wouldn't... Many fishes in the sea now...

And dubious is right: but we can make our minds on DMM on other issues... stuff that is well known...

2 sat tv HD tuners is more than enough for me, btw... For some it might be a different combination but it's OK, really!

The only thing we need is for Sigma to do their bit and then Celrun to do their bit and make it the best it can be.... I am sure they will deliver, that much I can tell you. The Q is - when? How long? Not just down to Opensat and their contractors!!! Sigma is the bottleneck!!! So, HW, you may have to wait a bit longer. Give it 8 weeks and maybe...

Then, skins or not - who cares...

Enthusiasts will write plugins, I'm sure... It's a challenge and deep satisfaction for really mature, rich people, to share and to give, so...

Stay tuned...

Btw, the prices of AZbox HD have started to fall, I'm told....:cheers2:
    Last edited by goran; 03-07-2009 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iko View Post
    I've watched that 8000 video on youtube it works like a Dream LOL
    with same CPU and tuner 500 Hd looks very promising to me
    p.s I believe 90% of us may buy 8000 if the price was between 400-500 ... 8000 well overpriced lovely receiver
    i watched it too. Everything is much faster than azbox. Well it has to be for 1000EUR LOOL

Thanks
    exactly Silly Price
    If you do the Price comparison Azbox Really Good value For money and Works Cool here
    Let's hope Sigma will do their job properly ...
    P.s looks like DM fact once again start to play with our receivers future

Thanks

Question

What exactly does that mean, iko?

Thanks
    We as end costumers have nothing to complain to Sigma.
    All we know is our local shop, and guys that sell this boxes do know only Opensat or some dealer. Why will for example Gold Wafers care about the Sigma
    Sigma is only a Chip, and if Opensat did not have the Drivers to that Chip they could build **** as log at it is for the software.

So for me personaly i hold responsible my local sales shop, and the Opensat
    this 2 are the main dor to cknok at , we cannot go to Sigma and tell them to build a better software for Azbox HD , this is the Opensat jobb, We cannot say to sigma give us 2 tuners support, this we need to ask Opensat to give the support they had prommised to us.

About Enigma 2, i do not see the point on developing Enigma 2 for Azbox
    Azbox HD has nice working software, works stable even in beta stage if we can say so, Enigma 2 will need to be ported to Azbox HD, and only that will take long time, this is not donne in 1 day, and this is not donne from us low level knowledge ppl.
    It can be donne fore sure, but then we need some advanced programers to be part of it, and make it happend.

on the other hand , i do not see the benifit of Eniogma 2, as all addons , emu, pluggin, and so on will have to be re-writen to work with the Sigma Chipset.

Maybe will be better to gather all forces to the existing software, and make that better.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    thats the True, E2 is not the magical great Combo for AZHD, because NO Plugin will run as it is, all must be rewritten!
    You cannot run a Plugin which is designed for a DMM CPU on sigma without major Changes, equal if the Firmware is rewritten for Sigma.
    Also a porting to sigma will not give us stability, look at all the other ported E2, nothing is really stable. It runs, yes, but thats all on most other Machines.
    Many Crashes,overload and many other Reason.

And yes, we have NOTHING to do with sigma, its Opensat, who must deliver Twin!
    When they bought Sources without this Funktion, Opensat will have a big Problem.

Thanks
    Please tell me
    why should every plugin be rewritten?

the sigma processor is a mips compatible
    the HD Dreams are using also mips processors
    its like intel and amd

and also the mips dreamboxes are using processors from different companys
    The 7025 has a ATI CPU
    and the 500, 800, 8000 are using cpus from broadcom

in my opinion
    if we would have enigma2 and the api everything that was compiled for mips dreamboxes should also run on the azbox

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by colla View Post
    Please tell me
    why should every plugin be rewritten?

the sigma processor is a mips compatible
    the HD Dreams are using also mips processors
    its like intel and amd

and also the mips dreamboxes are using processors from different companys
    The 7025 has a ATI CPU
    and the 500, 800, 8000 are using cpus from broadcom

in my opinion
    if we would have enigma2 and the api everything that was compiled for mips dreamboxes should also run on the azbox
    Search google for QBox HD and CCcam.

Thanks
    What has Qbox HD todo with that?

Qbox hd has totaly different processor architecture
    its no mips processor but a sh4 like in hd ipboxes and the kathrein 910 / 922

And the cccam for qboxhd is a fake like cccam for azbox
    it is like incubsucamd nothing more nothing less

Thanks
    @goran
    There is a possibilty dm may slow down release of the new sigma driver...
    you never know

Thanks
    Lol
    oh yes
    Sigma Design is about 20 times bigger than Dream Multimedia

and of course they are waiting for the authorization from dream multimedia (a firm that is buying absolutely nothing from sigma) to give opensat new drivers
    Lol

In germany we call that "da will der Schwanz mit dem Hund wedeln"
    someone else can translate that

Its like another argument that i am often reading here
    Dream Multimedia is peeing themselves because of the big concurrence that the Azbox hd is for them

Again and again the same old die-hard slogan (hopefully the right word to describe what i mean ;-) )
    we should always wait ...
    its never the fault of opensat that we are still waiting for
    drives, stable firmware, plugins that were told us running months ago
    and so on

Of course CCC is nice to have
    but its no cccam 2.0.9

Its like incubuscamd with another name and has absolutely nothing do to with the real cccam
    including that it has only a very small part of the features real cccam has

And now Enigma2
    the arguments against it are really ...

Everyone who wants to use the original Opensat/Cellrun Firm should do that
    But give us the possibility to decide on our own
    The Opensat Firm is still missing hundreds of small Features that Enigma2 has

Is it so hard to give us pre compiled drives modules?
    and where is the ****ing gpl code that opensat is using

Its time to send an email to gpl violations or the fsf

Thanks

Question An additional kick to the debate, maybe...?!?

Here are a few replies to similar debates by telesat [my translation, with some shortened points, without some embellishments and epic dragging of the point etc. ], compiled into one, to help with some issues here - at least it clarified a few things for me, a lay person in IT terms:

Enigma2 on kathrein ipbox topfield.... 'Accidentally', I am a part of the DuckTales team [working on various boxes - my comment - like E2 was modified by him for Kathrein etc.], so let me explain:

E2 & plugins: the only common thing is the GUI
    On the other hand, cpu in DM is mips/mipsel
    the above mentioned recs have the STi processor
    Ergo, one has to modify a bit the plugin (source) and recompile

With AZBox we have a different situation:
    GUI is different but the cpu basis - the same.
    Therefore, we have the same situation: one must change the source a little bit (now because of the GUI) and recompile it.
    Although, various plugins/programs which do not use the GUI - work on AZBoxu, like FTP server etc.

So, see who has an advantage, when it comes to plugins.

As far as the channel lists are concerned - there's loads of them now. But if necessary I will put the import/conversion from E2 possibility into the editor [into the AZBox format], which was he initial idea but I gave up on it, as we had many lists in the meantime appearing.

Dvb subtitles - Jiri is waiting for the necessary info and he agreed to compile his drtic for AZBox, although AZbox HD already has the subs support - in the media player we have the support for with everything one needs: opening, moving, locations, size, font colour, sync (additional synchronisation, if a film was cut off at the beginning). Generally there isn't a problem to add it into the TV part of the box [then I lost the thread/point here, it wasn't quite straight forward - but it says something about using all of those from divx films (my comment)]

The thing that is bothering me: why isn't anyone doing the reverse parallel?!?

AZBox has options which no other box has or it does it much better. Is no one bothered by the fact they do not have many of the features AZbox HD has?

Like...
    You Tube - no comment necessary!
    Media Player - all kinds of formats supported
    IPTV - this, I think, no one else has
    Internet Browser - additional optimisations are planned but - they are a part of the FW, integrated and it works
    etc. etc.

Let's not forget that within a few months the FW is brought into a relatively stable phase with plenty of stuff supported.

We are waiting for additional optimisations by Sigma, which will bring additional speed and quality.

It is logical to wait for some stuff to stabilise on the original FW first and then move to the alternatives.

After all, the FW is still in beta phase of development, albeit an advanced beta phase.

If Opensat invests into the development of SW for their first Linux based box - how can they abandon what they have done thus far? I.e. we're working on this for 1-2 years, making a brand new box but we're staring completely anew, from scratch, instead of continuing with already tried and tested FW? Do you really think this is justified and profitable?

You never though that their next box might be a continuation of thus far achieved/worked on/developed? Hmmm... In other words, following your logic, enigma1 is for dm500, enigma2 should be for dm600, enigma3 for dm800, enigma4 for dm7000... How far? Enigma xx ?

[Telesat offers tools and whatever else one needs to develop stuff for AZbox HD, as he is addressing a developer, chemstar, if memory serves...]

I am really interested in what is there that is really new, which images were produced after DMM [read Gemini team] stopped their support [for some DBs - my comment]?
    What if anything is really published, modified - at least 3 things, be concrete?

Behind all the images for DMM there is an original FW, with all the original drivers, with one team packing some skin and another packs a different skin, some modify the Emu management, a mode of restart, starting Emus, a different Camd, some team include some plugins and another some other plugins...

But what is essentially different, when the same basis is in all of them??

It's just a parallel and the same goes for azbox...
    And then goes his lament of poor DB owners...

...as AZbox not only costs considerably less but moreover - is much more capable...

He brings up the poor effort to make YouTube work on one of BDs, as an overstretched plugin - but not on a HW level,
    if I understood properly and memory serves etc. etc.

In other words, those boxes are essentially Sat TV receivers and AZbox HD is a Multimedia Centre!!!:respect-050:

Comments, please, dear developers... - both the "agreeing" ones and the "disagreeing" ones... ooooh, like maybe... I have a feeling that his IPTV function point might not be 100% correct... or is it?!?
    :seeya:

:respect-051:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well for IPTV you have VLC running as plugin inside Dreambox so you can stream stuff directly to Dreamboxes... or adding a youtube plugin on DMM could be using a nicer Browser... so both could be done on Enigma2 without problems.

But I agree that going the E2 way is a bad idea... quality of firmware will suffer if we add 2 options to this receiver, much like Kathrein in the past. In this early development cycle is bad to branch efforts on two different firmwares.

I believe that current GUI will be a lot better than Enigma2... only issue is that they don't provide enough support or open needed parts like EPG or TV framebuffer to be able to make more poweful plugins. But also being beta firmware that could be understood... later on they might change everything. So better wait for 1.0 fw release and then provide all needed info.

Only real problem is if fw 1.0 never comes out on time before people get tired of waiting...
    Last edited by tinos; 03-07-2009 at 07:01 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hmm, for me NOONE has told, its Beta!

Ive bought the Box in my Shop, nothing told about Beta, bad Firmware, really nothing.
    Ive looked on the Box outside for Features and bought it, Peng, ready!

And after some Tests I must see, most of Text out of the Box was a big LIE, not ready,not functional.
    This happens now like this for 4 Month, some Peace of the Cake is now working, but some important not.

And again, with E2 we need new Plugins, you cant take them to a working E2 on AZHD and they are working, they must be converted like on any other E2, like Topfield and so on.
    So ANY Tool must be rewritten, equal if it is much or less work, IT IS work!

And only the Author can do this, if you dont wanna make big Hours and Weeks and Month with reversing.

E2 looks nice, but AZHD looks also nice, when it is a little bit faster in Menues, Im sure. Also a little optimize on some Menues, a good looking Infobar and not the **** like it is now.
    Most Things are missing, like Caid, Emu, ECM, Percentage on Satquality and much more.
    So only Way is to wait. If I could help with finding Errors I will do that and help the Guys if I can, but more I cannot do.
    Ive bought a Box, totally normal in a Shop, nothing talking about Beta, so Opensat must do something, not I.

Thanks
    what a great thread
    thanx for all those inputs ...

Thanks
    You said it
    GUI is different but the cpu basis - the same.
    Then why not using the same GUI and solving "all" problems

The difference between an Sat Receiver and a Multimedia Centre is the Hardware
    It would not change using Enigma2
    You still could watch all that nice codecs

And the Rest
    there are also Dreambox plugins for youtube (and other tubes ) and browsers

But no one wants to stop developing the Azbox Firmware

If opensat would give us the possibility
    they would still have the possibility to develop their own gui

You see there are no real arguments against publishing the source code and giving the community precompiled drives modules

In worst case no one will develop anything
    (dont think so )

And the fear that there will be clones ...
    That is a really asocial thinking

Without the source code that thousand of developers have coded before there would be no linux and the gnu utilitys that the azbox is using

Opensat should give something back to the community and not suck the work others have done like a parasite

That they are violating the gpl is also another point ...

Thanks
    Kathrein (Marusys) Firmware and Enigma2 by Team Ducktales is a super example

Because the Enigma2 is a total community work

Kathrein has done nothing

And now everyone can decide to use the original Marusys **** or the community enigma2

Dont think that the Kathrein firmware is more worse through enigma2 without helping that port in any way

And that would also be a way for opensat
    they dont have to help the enigma2 port they only should release the base to start developing

Thanks
    guys I'm also wondering how comes latest Dreambox cccam also supports qbox ONE?
    best regards

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast