Thread: A cam for SKY+HD

Thanks

Icon2 A cam for SKY+HD

Hi guys,
    after losing Conax package specially HD channels on thor finally I've decided to get SKY+HD for about £28 a month
    it's going to be installed on this Saturday, somehow it's good because I can get all the HD channels again but somehow it's not !!
    the problem is I hate that stupid poor STB, it has got noting, no function!!
    I'd like to recorded TV programs and archive them for my self but as you know you are not able to transfer your recording programs to your pc , all the ports are disable on sky boxes!!, except opening the box,using copy+ to get a backup from your recording which is funny!!

anyway what I'm thinking is why should I use that stupid box?? I have got a Humax iCord HD 1TB HDD, it lets you to record HD or SD programs and transfer them to your pc, as simple as that!! I used to get all the HD channels with M2+ card and that STB, I was very happy with that receiver and now I'd like to use it with sky card!!!
    just read somewhere if I get a Dragon cam then I will be able to use it with my sky viewing card and my Humax sat receiver and I can say goodbye before even I say hello to that sky box but apparently there are some issues which make me to think about some questions! well I hope to get some advice here.

1.if I buy a Dragon cam, can I get the HD channels with my Humax HD STB, I mean can the Dragon open the HD channels when its use with a HD receiver and an original sky viewing card ??

2.what will happen if I forget to put the viewing card back in to the sky box every night ? is it going to stop working ? if its stoped can I put it back in to the sky box to make it alive again ???

3.just read somewhere this is not the right time to get a Dragon cam as sky is changing their NDS system (something like that) !!! is that true??

I really appreciate if anyone can give me some advice plz.
    :bowing-036: :bowing-036:
    Last edited by Masoud; 06-05-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks
    1,no dont think it opens HD channels in any rec with subbed card,
    2, not every night m8,about every few weeks give or take,and you will just get on screen message,24hrs back in sly box ,will be fine again,
    3,they are in process of changing cards time will tell if this will affect dragon,unless someones tried it here?
    stand to be corrected but i think thats the current situation
    Last edited by simon 2003; 06-05-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoud View Post
    1.if I buy a Dragon cam, can I get the HD channels with my Humax HD STB, I mean can the Dragon open the HD channels when its use with a HD receiver and an original sky viewing card ??
    It will allow you to watch whatever you can watch with original card + box, even the HD channels.
    2.what will happen if I forget to put the viewing card back in to the sky box every night ? is it going to stop working ? if its stoped can I put it back in to the sky box to make it alive again ???
    Card will stay active for 5~6 weeks, I always recommend to people to leave it in overnight on the first of the month, this way you're unlikely to forget about it and /or get stuck without channels. N.B. Card can be activated in ANY Sky box, doesn't have to be box it is paired with.

3.just read somewhere this is not the right time to get a Dragon cam as sky is changing their NDS system (something like that) !!! is that true??
    Probably worth holding off all right, nobody knows what will happen, so best to wait and see.

Thanks
    thanks guys!
    but you've got 2 different opinion for question #1 !!!
    has any one got any SKY HD channels with a Dragon cam and original sky viewing card with any other satellite receiver ?