Thread: Firmware Update Tool for TM6900HD (super) via network

Thanks

Firmware Update Tool for TM6900HD (super) via network

You require:
    1. PC running Windows OS
    2. Home network with router
    3. STBDaemon tool running on PC

For ease of use, assign an IP address for the TM6900HD Super in your router and likewise, asign an IP address for your PC (Makes life much easier). You can use DHCP for your PC but you will need to look up what IP address the router has decided to assign your PC

How to:
    1. connect your TM6900HD Super to your router with a cat5 LAN cable
    2. Download, unzip and Start STBDaemon.exe on your PC

Note: Under vista make sure you select the compatability tab and tell Vista to run as administrator.
    Note: If you get a warning about Windows Firewall has blocked this program, click the UNBLOCK button or turn the firewall off.

3. Browse to the folder where you will keep the latest firmware update (.stb file)
    4. Click OK

5. Go to your TM6900HD Super and press the menu button and scroll down to 'System Settings'
    6. In the right hand menu, go to IP Settings (If DHCP is set, all the boxes should have the correct numbers in it when connected)
    7. Press the 'BLUE' button
    8. You will be asked to enter the IP address of your PC
    9. Press 'OK' Connect
    10. If working correctly, you will see a list of the update files. Scroll to the file you want to update with and press OK
    11. The TM6900HD Super will now load the update file and reboot when finished.

This might sound slightly complicated, but it isn't really. In fact, once set up, it is easier to upload new firmware than even USB. You don't even have to move away from your PC chair to do it.

This tool was originally made for the Clerk Tech HD5000 Combo Plus model (identical internally to the TM6900 Combo Super), but works just fine for the TM6900HD Combo Super and may well work for the TM6800 Super and other models with a LAN connection but I've not tested it with other models.

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/224699409/STBDaemon102.zip

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts

Question Official Firmware

I assume this is only for the 'Official' Technomate firmware M8 - which I would have thought few of us would ever actually use once we start patching?
    But thanks for the 'option' - very interesting!

Thanks
    Well, you got me wondering. So I thought I had better test it out. I've just updated from official version 674 to patched version 679p sucessfully.

Then to double check, I re-updated the patched version 679p to check the firmware update options was available in the patched version menu (and worked) to update the firmware. This too was sucessful.

So in answer to your question, yes it works for patched versions as well as official. However, you can't upload channel list or softcam files using this method. Then it does say 'firmware update' on the button so it does what it says on the tin lol

EDIT: Just to double double check, I uploaded the official firmware 674 while the 679p was installed on the reciever and that was sucessful too. So it works both ways.
    Last edited by thecaretaker; 23-04-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks

Question 679

So you have actually tried the 'untested' and 'withdrawn' patch version 679 M8 too - very brave as it had first been posted the other day and then very rapidly withdrawn due to some 'text content' probs, so I havent actually tried it yet until it was made 'official' again, just in case!
    So if you are already using 679, I assume there are no real probs with it then - I think ONE of the benefits was alleged to be that it enabled the Sly card to be read ok straight into the card slot - have you tried that please?

Thanks
    I don't have a sly card to try that but I did see it listed on the instructions with it as working. I didn't know it had been withdrawn, I wondered why it wasn't available on many sites.

I didn't seem to have any problems with it for the short while I had it installed. I put the original official 674 firmware back on as I don't really have any need for the patched version. The Diablo does much the same as the patch and some more. The only thing I'm missing is CS but never been pointed in the right direction for that ;-)

Thanks

Question Patch

Well the past few patches have the CS facility M8 - via the un-talked about 8281 menu!
    The 679 was withdrawn as being ambiguous and confusing I believe - but still interested if anyone HAS tried a Sly card?

Thanks
    Sly card working fine m8, much quicker to clear than diablo btw... No problems so far

cs has worked for quite some time on the 6000 series, I had it working on my non-super 6900 on a payserver test account without too much trouble. Had to use the mpcs software though, as payserver will not work with the other newcamd software. If anyone's interested, I can post my findings.

Thanks
    Just Scanned 28 east ? S/y Card Working Fine in Slot , Using [ 6.79p Firmware patch] Got the Full S/Y HD Package ? All Looking Good

Just got the [ TM 6900 HD Super combo+ ] Yesterday ? Looks a good BUY ???

P.s Cannot get the [ 8281 ] Working? Think I have set up the Router Correct , But getting the message [ Network Error ] But I will not give up ? LOL

p.S.S Channel [ 10510 ] came up on the scan of 28 east [ ITV HD ] So no need to do a "Advanse Search"
    Last edited by RABBY; 12-05-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks

Icon14 Router

Quote Originally Posted by RABBY View Post
    Just Scanned 28 east ? S/y Card Working Fine in Slot , Using [ 6.79p Firmware patch] Got the Full S/Y HD Package ? All Looking Good

Just got the [ TM 6900 HD Super combo+ ] Yesterday ? Looks a good BUY ???

P.s Cannot get the [ 8281 ] Working? Think I have set up the Router Correct , But getting the message [ Network Error ] But I will not give up ? LOL

p.S.S Channel [ 10510 ] came up on the scan of 28 east [ ITV HD ] So no need to do a "Advanse Search"
    Its not uncommon to get plenty of 'Network Error' messages mate - you just have to persevere, as long as your stb is connected with ethernet directly into your router it should strike up a usable connection - but thats all I can say!

Thanks
    holmroad

Think I have worked that one out m8??? Secret stuff ? Just Love it [ BUT I WILL FIND OUT] Done not bad so far? As I only got the box Last Night

Time to watch the Football!!!!!

Thanks
    Just used the [CTech Maker 4.1 ] Updated the softcam for DigiTV

This box is Quite bloody Good

Thanks

STBDaemon download here

one more trick for the STBDaemon:
    TM Super: moving files from USB Harddisc over Ethernet (step by step) <= click here
    Last edited by Giga; 09-09-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added the STBDaemon just in case

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giga For This Useful Post:

madrog (24-10-2011), RobinT (29-08-2019)

Thanks
    Is this valid with 7xx, too?

Thanks
    most likely yes