INNOVATION..Card Reader INFO..!

OK Guys..
I first contacted Fortec UK support via phone a few weeks ago they told me a New S/W update was coming for both the Card Readers to make them Multicrypt...!

Today I spoke to the Fortec Guys again and have been assured that the New Software for the ACTIVATION of the On Board Conax and Xcrypt Card Readers into Multicrypt IS COMING....100%.

There are a few Issues concerning the Regional Groups namely the UK and Europe Markets and so they are having Logistical problems getting hold of ALL the Cards and Cams to TEST before releasing this S/W Update for the Multicrypt Card Reader Version.
Seems that a big problem is Activating Original Sub Cards ie.Via,Seca,Irdeto and Conax etc.....!!
They DO NOT really want to release anything that does not work 100%.

I was told that when this Model was released they had to implement some sort of CA for both the Readers and so the choice was made to use Conax and XCrypt....Just to get the Receiver released on time..!

In the mean time the UK Market has changed since its release and the Card Readers are so to speak NOT really needed for the UK Market.
Most people in the UK are watching FTA SD and HD.

So Its a matter of getting the S/W Updated to satisfy both the UK and the European Markets.

I am confident that everything will be resolved and my impression was that they ARE truly trying to sort this out.!

Will keep you Informed when and as things Develop.

Patience is a virtue..now..!

Cheers:respect-048:
Andrew