Thread: Multi card, multi recording question

Thanks

Multi card, multi recording question

Ok, I know we are still a bit away from second tuners and the firmware to use them but I'm wondering if somebody could answer a few questions I have just to steer me in the right direction.

I am based in Eire and have a genuine Sly card and also a UK FTV card so that I can receive channels that are not available on my genuine card.

Can I use both cards at once without them interfering with one another, I tried this before on a more basic receiver with a CAM and inbuilt NDS reader and it had a bit of a fit.

When the dual tuners and recording eventually gets sorted will I be able to record one Sly channel and watch another? What I mean is, is it likely that it will just work or would I have to set up some sort of CS so that both channels are decrypted?

TIA

Thanks
    The extra channels on the FTV card being the hd ones... ?

As the AZbox internal slot does not work with the uk nds card and Diablo in the CI slot also does not work, then at this time your not going to have any luck.

However we live in hope that this will be sorted soon... when it is sorted then it should work just fine with dual tuners. (record one watch another.. record 2 and watch a recording)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    The extra channels on the FTV card being the hd ones... ?
    It gets me Five, Fiver, Five USA and Channel 4 HD, all of which I can't get on my normal sub card.

As the AZbox internal slot does not work with the uk nds card and Diablo in the CI slot also does not work, then at this time your not going to have any luck.
    A friend has his FTV card working in a Dragon CAM on the AZBox.
    However we live in hope that this will be sorted soon... when it is sorted then it should work just fine with dual tuners. (record one watch another.. record 2 and watch a recording)
    I'm not too bothered at the moment that it doesn't work as I'm positive it will very soon, my question which I hope you have already confirmed is that can the AZBox use the one card to decrypt 2 channels at the same time i.e. for the one you are watching and the one you are recording and if so can it do it with the CAM or only with the internal reader.
    And can it do it without me setting up some sort of CS (between the 2 channels), does that make sense? Probably a bit of a newbie question but just trying to clear it up.

TIA

Thanks
    This is not an exact answer just something i found by experience,

I tried the same set up as you using a Triple dragon running Gbox,
    my sky Irelnad in the top slot and FTV card in bottom slot.

I didnt notice any difference but people i was sharing with said it was trying to read the FTV card instead of the sub card.