Thread: DM800 Clone

Thanks

DM800 Clone

Will need HD, so i am thinking of getting a clone, :o15:

Yep i know but the pennys arnt going to get me a genuine one. The other option is the AZ Box, again ok, but i would pref a DB. Do you need to keep update all the time / if it works leave it alone ?

I have a 7020 at the moment and I must say I dont bother with much updates now as it works and dosz the job. The standard of components is a worry, so keep it cool is the way ahead. I will have to flash it, but as I cant use the latest flash am I missing out on much. just need to stream my Sly to me PC when i am in the house.

Its the only options i have at the mo

Opinions and advice ?

Thanks
    Save a little harder and don't waste your money on the DM800 clone, there are far too many issues and restrictions with the clones at present.

Thanks
    Future proof for the G one, but what are the restrictions with the C at the mo ?

Thanks
    Restrictions are you can only use old images with bootloader 69 or less, old images or full of bugs which makes the box poor.

I guess DMM knew this all along so held back to see what the clones would be like.

Now even CCcam does not work with the latest version in the DM800 or DM8000.

So to date the clone will never move a motor correctly, never work with CCcam updates, be very poor at reading cards with older versions of CCcam.

I know there are other emu's but CCcam rules at present.

Also I guess the clone has hit the end of the line already.

Thanks
    So, with that in mind is DB loosing it a bit ? I mean its been out a while now ans still I read problems. Maybe Az is a better box in the long run !

Thanks
    DMM loosing it ?

No m8
    Azbox is learning how to make things work that work on DMM, and will only ever be playing catch up.

On the other hand credit to Azbox for some very hard and persistent work,
    I think for the price it could well be a winner.

It would be money better spent than on a clone:respect-055:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think most owners of the 800 will say they have no problems with the dm800. There are the odd little quirks now and again, but as a standard, most people are very happy with their dm800.

As sonic said, just save for an original. You'll only wish you did in the future...

As for updating, at the moment, since the box is getting better all the time, I'd say you'd be better updating when you can. But in a few years times, then I'd say that the box will be a much better image and much more stable, and at that point, you'd be able to just leave it with the image you're happy with...

Thanks
    Dont get me wrong , its just I see development beeing a little on the slow side for the 800, considering the amount of experience they have. Cant help feeling they are holding back , then they charge 800+ for the 8000 series !

Thanks
    for my twopence worth mate, i've had DB's since the first series 1 7000, the 800 is an excellent box.........please dont waste your hard earned on a piece of clone crap i guarantee you'll regret it.

regards: canthackit

Thanks
    i think your being too hard on clones.
    I cant justify spending £380 on a dm800 so i got a clone it cost me £280 recieved it next day from the UKwith a year warranty.

It works with upto bootloader #70
    It works with the latest gemini and nabilo images.

Fair enough you cant read sky cards in it directly with cccam.
    But with the new nds3 cards coming anyway, it may be a better idea to get an external reader for the card anyway. Plus you can read it through newcs.

And The place i got it from said they will have bootloader #72 sims next week and will send me one to update to #72 with.

Im very happy with the money i saved with my clone. no freezing and a fantastic picture too.
    Last edited by fishman; 15-04-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks
    ok mate fair comment!

but for the sake of another £100 i would still prefer the genuine article, i just dont see how you're going to get any support once things start to go wrong, that's assuming that things will go wrong of course:ack2:

regards: canthackit

Dm8000/800se/800/7020, Qbox Hd/Mini, ....
    Thanks
    Don't Be in a hurry, And By the Original !

Later, you will understand !

Thanks
    I hear you, but I have just had another issue with DB and **** !, more to report on that later !, not going to rush, 3 weeks away from my choice

Thanks
    sim for bootloader 72 is out apparently, yet to test it though, if i get one i will post feedback

Thanks
    Hi All,

I can't be sure mine is not a clone. I screwed a DM500 clone accidentally a few weeks ago with Gemini 4.6, sorted that in the end.

My DM800 has been running just sweet for a week on Nabilosat Enigma Black Hole v0.9. I have read a little about second stage bootloaders but not clear if a clone would be rendered a brick by this image (which supposed to have later bootloader) or just fail to boot.

Either way, all working good so far.

Anybody know how I can get the remote to control the volume on my Denon Amp (as I can with Sky+ remote)???

Cheers

Thanks
    How can people have the guts to charge upto £300 for a fake!!

If I was gonna spend £300 I can quite easily make my own top spec fake, so to speak, by using a media pc and a hd satellite card. I can atleast guarantee it myself then. I could still use cccam etc and it would be the dogs danglies of pvrs.

A fake should be much less than half price in my opinion. After all if you bought a fake pair of a*mani jeans you wouldnt pay £90 for them would ya?

I dont mind clones but wouldnt spend £280 om something that aint real.

Thanks
    I have a PC, and skystar HD 2 on, pain to set up, and Ccam is not available, its poss, but there is lots to do to get it there ! not simple ! The cost for clone is 265 at the mo, the real thing is closer to 400 now. On another point DM has just stopped my auction of my old 7020, saying it was a fake as I didn’t put the words Genuine in BIG letters. So If DM has someone getting second hand DB's deleted when there are loads of stuff from china for sale ! think they should get their P's Q's in order . I am not going to get a DB now just for that and go for something else. The sat community is about lots of things , some trying to crack some hack, some into feeds, some into something a bit different. I don’t think crashing clones, monopoly on cams and deleting peoples adds for old boxes is part of it !
    Disappointed in Dream Multimedia to be honest.

Its just one point of view !

Thanks
    I think you will find that "flycccam" will work with your PC and skystar HD 2 card, at least as a client. I read that they have overcome the connection restrictions imposed by Cccam 2.1.0 as well.
    I know somebody who has looked into the value of a clone 800. They claim that the clone has a heatsink and so runs cooler and turns the dish better than an original.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpaisley View Post
    I have a PC, and skystar HD 2 on, pain to set up, and Ccam is not available, its poss, but there is lots to do to get it there ! not simple ! The cost for clone is 265 at the mo, the real thing is closer to 400 now. On another point DM has just stopped my auction of my old 7020, saying it was a fake as I didn’t put the words Genuine in BIG letters. So If DM has someone getting second hand DB's deleted when there are loads of stuff from china for sale ! think they should get their P's Q's in order . I am not going to get a DB now just for that and go for something else. The sat community is about lots of things , some trying to crack some hack, some into feeds, some into something a bit different. I don’t think crashing clones, monopoly on cams and deleting peoples adds for old boxes is part of it !
    Disappointed in Dream Multimedia to be honest.

Its just one point of view !
    DMM will probabley make more attack against clones. Dont waste your money.